What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• edited September 2023 Posts: 6,755
    After the Afghan conflict, he immigrated to the United States.

And became a schoolteacher.

59775-17221-0.jpg

(Bell rings)
    Kid: Recess!
    (Kids run to the exit)
    Sadistic Russian Jail Guard: I didn't tell you to GET UP!
    (Kids sit down)
    Sadistic Russian Jail Guard: I didn't tell you to SIT DOWN!
    (Kids stand up)
    Sadistic Russian Jail Guard: Now, sit down.
    (Kids sit down)
    (Long pause)
    Kid: Can we go to recess?
    Sadistic Russian Jail Guard: You can ask Allah when you see him!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

He also spent some time locked in the Supply Closet.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    He stole some of Koskovs opium, sold it and bought a Hotel. He can frequently be heard muttering to himself, "I haven't have a woman guest in a very long time" every time a woman checks in to his Hotel.
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 6,755
    A couple of Russian soldiers were ordered to go pick up the female prisoner in cell 2B, take her outside and shoot her. They did as told, despite the prisoner's protests that they had the wrong person. Afterwards, one of the soldiers remarked: "that was one ugly woman."
    In later life he grew a conscience. Regretted his horrific behavior in Afghanistan.

And sincerely but just as inartfully set out to make amends.

MV5BNWJlNGI0MDItYTBmOC00Mzk5LWI2YjMtOTI5ZDc0MzA2YzllL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA3ODgyOQ@@._V1_.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    mattjoes wrote: »
    A couple of Russian soldiers were ordered to go pick up the female prisoner in cell 2B, take her outside and shoot her. They did as told, despite the prisoner's protests that they had the wrong person. Afterwards, one of the soldiers remarked: "that was one ugly woman."

Way too realistic for a Bond-character.. so yeah, this is what happened.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    He went back to Drama School to learn how to do a Russian accent that didn't sound Liverpudlian.
    MV5BNWJlNGI0MDItYTBmOC00Mzk5LWI2YjMtOTI5ZDc0MzA2YzllL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA3ODgyOQ@@._V1_.jpg

I can't tell whether Ken Sharrock is the guy on the left or the middle. I guess I'll ask Allah, when I see him.

I can't tell whether Ken Sharrock is the guy on the left or the middle. I guess I'll ask Allah, when I see him.

Hmm. So he's not all three? More questions...

Hmm. So he's not all three? More questions...

But wait, there's more! Here's what an IMDb reviewer says on the film. Not a trustworthy source per se, but the plot thickens...
    Redemption Road was made under what is now recognised as a tax scam, rather than a tax scheme (made on the deferred 40% alone). It was never finished and with the death of Ken Sharrock would never be finished. The were a limited number of VHS copies prepared for the DCMS sign off which had music and titles added on video, but the film itself is missing a number scenes and shots and what is edited is barely past assembly stage. So the screenplay might not be brilliant and the directing may be 'boring' however without a finished film i would say difficult to judge. Also Pauline Quirke, Mark Benton, John Thomson and Rachel Stirling aren't quite what I would class as 'B' list talent.
    At least on a cursory Google search, the film appears to be nowhere to be found.
    On vacation between jailer assignments, he was arrested for the unprovoked beating of what appeared to be a random person on the street.

It's not fully confirmed what triggered the outburst.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6HKPc7tGBhXFNd5ii7aU8bxNtK-pI6TKea-rxj7vUWNe9RPjT5Rs75V2oG1RuabXum-A&usqp=CAU
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    LOL! Good one @RichardTheBruce I can only imagine the trauma that little trinket would cause our poor beleaguered guard.

Love yours too @mattjoes ! A teacher no less! LOL! His kids would be scared straight or slightly bruised by the experience.
    Lets move on to another character to survive the TLD and that is General Pushkin. Who was never seen again? Did Koskov gain revenge and kill the dear General? Did Pushkin decide to activate "death to spies" after all? Last seen at Whitakers palace in Tangiers sending Koskov to Russia in a diplomatic bag, whatever happened to General Pushkin?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    He retired from the Soviet army and founded a vodka distillery together with a relative that had earlier left the USSR for Germany (hence the spelling with an extra "c" on the label).
    puschkin-vodka-07l-2.png
    thedove wrote: »
    Lets move on to another character to survive the TLD and that is General Pushkin. Who was never seen again? Did Koskov gain revenge and kill the dear General? Did Pushkin decide to activate "death to spies" after all? Last seen at Whitakers palace in Tangiers sending Koskov to Russia in a diplomatic bag, whatever happened to General Pushkin?

He had a pretty good career until the end of USSR, was sidestepped by Elstine and, since Putin came into power, went into hiding in the West.
    I heard somewhere that Koskov on the other hand has been reinstated by Putin and is working on rebuilding SMERSH.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    He had a pretty good career until the end of USSR, was sidestepped by Elstine ...
    I guess you mean Yeltsin. But Yeltsin would have had only fond feelings for someone who is a partner in a vodka distillery (see my post above).
    I heard Genera Pushkin tried his hand in writing some spy novels. Trouble is, people mistook him for his more famous ancestor, which kinda hurt the career of his most famous novel, The General's Daughter.
    Is it a coincidence, by the way, that those KGB generals are named after authors/playwrights like Gogol and Pushkin? And why hasn't there been a Dostoevsky and a Tolstoy yet?
    Things that make you go hmmm @j_w_pepper ;)
    thedove wrote: »
    Things that make you go hmmm @j_w_pepper ;)
    Definitely. I like to get into things and explore them.
    Any suggestions for who we should do a Whatever Happened to for LTK? High body count in this film not many make it out alive. We have done Professor Joe Butcher (though he might be a fun one to do a sequel with). We also did this version of Felix.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    He had a pretty good career until the end of USSR, was sidestepped by Elstine ...
    I guess you mean Yeltsin. But Yeltsin would have had only fond feelings for someone who is a partner in a vodka distillery (see my post above).

I've written it the French way.

I've written it the French way.

Ah, ok. It's just that we are used (both in English and even more in German) to transcribing Russian names the way they are pronounced, and not letter-by-letter. That's why I was a bit puzzled.
    Looked Nordic to me.

General Pushkin continued to sponsor worthy and beautiful proteges.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPkIcPSd1L-iy2GXQ53tGmMnG2gISvDzRx-7g2OTWeUYVOkKzW
    edited September 2023 Posts: 13,080
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1t2jjy76PqaRf1t03ewYsXvFsiz4SvZQ8XPrCaJW3Jfl21zDH

Pushkin's fake deaths became an obsession, and took on an unexpected variety to include:
    • hanging
    • bleeding out in a bathtub
    • drowning in a pool
    • dismemberment
    • decapitation
    • self-immolation
    • "poison"
    • driving off a cliff

Hard to divine where his inspiration could have come from.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHLV0_jxGP87JRrNCq39_SZ4KWG6-x7qYPgbtqC40CU36UNDHD
    After the debacle involving Koskov and Whitaker, Pushkin decided he had had enough of the KGB. He quit and became a singer, which was his first passion. His most notorious song was "Pushkin to the Limit".
    Mindful of assassination dangers, he spent a short time in a clandestine protection program.

Under the assumed name "Professor Pushkin."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZyW9wziLgl4pCB3jgFBbM6QjYCPknxULJ2l-kxi0y1cP2CzqB
    In his later years, Pushkin became a curmudgeon known for his impatience.

tumblr_m79frf85pd1qjivlio3_500.gif
    Did the KGB let him have an E-Type hearse?

edited September 2023 Posts: 13,080
    Did the KGB let him have an E-Type hearse?

Oh heck yeah. Confirmed. Purchased as early as 1972. From an unknown source

harold-and-maude-jauguar-hearse.gif
    harold-and-maude-car.gif

He retired from the Soviet army and founded a vodka distillery together with a relative that had earlier left the USSR for Germany (hence the spelling with an extra "c" on the label).
    puschkin-vodka-07l-2.png

And a distillery takeover eventually did correct the spelling.
    Count-Pushkin-Website-flavours_bottles_group.png
    1305261551609.jpg