What Ever Happened To...Sheikh Hosein from TSWLM? (page 41)

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 8,700
    Now works for AA.

The Automobile Association...??? American Airlines??? Aerolineas Argentinas??? The German Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt)??? (Don't bother to elaborate, I'm just kidding and know what you mean.)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Now works for AA.

The Automobile Association...??? American Airlines??? Aerolineas Argentinas??? The German Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt)??? (Don't bother to elaborate, I'm just kidding and know what you mean.)
    Apollo Airways.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Now works for AA.

Apollo Airways.

Wow, you know your aviation history... though history it is.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Now works for AA.

Apollo Airways.

Wow, you know your aviation history... though history it is.
    And more importantly, Bond history!
    He never told anyone what he had witnessed in his various holidays in Italy. Kept it all bottled up. Man with the Bottle had, in fact, become a bottle himself.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Good stuff folks!

Lets keep in time with @Benny great thread with Behind the Scenes photos! Moving on to OP. There is a character who was almost second in command to Octopussy, she seemed to work both for Kamal Khan and Octopussy. She accompanied him to Sotheby's for the auction, to the backgammon game. She offered Bond the egg for his life. I am talking about Magda!

Last seen in the Monsoon Palace battle, Magda was a competent circus performer, great at seduction and an all round help to Octopussy. She was deft at magic and pick pocketing!

58ed323fbe7818b405263352c0daadc1.jpg

I wonder what happened to Magda from OP?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    She kept collecting. Memories.

07f5011bfb5cd4a116cc6b39a2ba8ac1ecc54bc9.pnj
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    LOL.
    nl-l201236-tattoo-animated-led-sign.gif

Oh and she was compelled to represent each new experience through dermal modifications and body art.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVoJHNL8cmQQ5ebnI4sVUWv2kiNyLmbO8B0Ap7fHNKIWMf0d6_
    l100-10131-tattoo-animated-led-sign.gif
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    What happened to Magda? Has anyone thought to check Q's bedroom! :))
    MV5BN2UyZGEwNDItM2Q2Ny00OWFmLTlhNmMtOGY0MzM2ODIxYjIwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg
    @Dwayne Good call!
    Suffering from an obsession with auctions, Magda frequented Sotheby's and other venues.

But still never had the winning bid on pursued items. And seemed to bring bad luck in general with her presence.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ob353oc8r9ytyefnet6ltj8epc1r4bqcqrvrspa2&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

537acf8a-f674-4de8-a7c4-7da4ff6100f9_text.gif
    Magda's dalliance with Q and his hot air balloon eventually led to her giving lessons on ballooning.

One shadowy pupil unexpectedly put 007 himself in peril years later.

tumblr_nf0vwlrvZl1s3uawvo1_500.gif
    4bbaf4c67d093180cf2f32ebde1cd2c0bedf74e5.gif
    Magda fell in love with a Turkish entrepreneur who controlled the entire hot-air balloon industry in Cappadocia, stopped stealing wallets as a consequence and had about 13 children.cappadocia-805626_960_720.jpg

Image by Trudi90 on pixabay.com. Listed as free for use.
    Good stuff! Can we say that Magda had an inflated sense of herself? LOL!

Lets follow in lock step with the behind the scenes thread and look at AVTAK. One thing about this thread we find out how many people Bond kills or who dies in the movies. This one seems to have a high death count. But lets look to a four legged character. Pegasus who won races with inferior breeding lines. He was benefiting from Zorins vitamins.

So lets ponder whatever happened to him? Last seen with some medical work being done on his leg. Pegasus was used to winning, with Max would those winning ways continue? Or did he end up falling on hard times.

Dear mi6 community members, whatever happened to Pegasus?
    I'm afraid to say that Pegasus shared the fate of many galloppers that were simply slaughtered after they became useless to their owners after two or three years (which is why this sickening "sport" should be outlawed). Sad but true. He was turned into dog food soon after the things that happened in AVTAK. And probably several dogs also died from devouring his contaminated flesh. Anybody has a more uplifting tale?
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited August 2023 Posts: 566
    Glue.
    He was turned into dog food soon after the things that happened in AVTAK.
    Glue.

Oh gosh!
    51ll8TawdRL.jpg
    20230727_131013_533x.jpg?v=1690466537

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPaghw1D7mImd0vkigD4Vqmg0sLWUnPmx2fK3C44pru7c9YW72

Riding high on the success of AVTAK and with visions of future glory, Pegasus was ultimately disappointed that a film version of John Gardner's Licence Renewed and its horse-racing scheme failed to materialize.

e2e655c3e256e155dceace1342595695.gif

Pegasus collided with a Sardadream truck.
    Cue puns about feathers and not flying.
    Pegasus made due without further film ventures. And after AVTAK, got by on word of mouth.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9pW0-ACDrNswSi8s9ndt-u5GMdVukG1ynxnW4qxvW2Xcl7U2f
    7f8f31_b2920e377e3c43eb8d603c0da2761f9c~mv2.png
    pegasus-steroid-cartoon.jpg?w=584

In a case of cross-cultural happenstance, Pegasus was infected with the Heracles nanobots.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDiUbQtOO_Ekbtkdq44XKGQbZE71mehCKtgbr531h9ABMG1LkN
    Love it @RichardTheBruce :) :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'm afraid to say that Pegasus shared the fate of many galloppers that were simply slaughtered after they became useless to their owners after two or three years (which is why this sickening "sport" should be outlawed). Sad but true. He was turned into dog food soon after the things that happened in AVTAK. And probably several dogs also died from devouring his contaminated flesh. Anybody has a more uplifting tale?

Pegasus was a winning horse, and nobody ever got to hear about how. So immediately after Zorin's demise, the Russians send a caretaker to take over all his enterprises. Instead of racing, the stud was used for breeding. Only after years, people found out that none of his offspring did perform well, but the millions had already gone to the Russian state. Pegasus was repatriated, got the order of lenin hung around his neck and was the star of many military parades until his death.
    That's a good one @CommanderRoss did he ride with Pushkin or Gogol on his back?

As always the good folks of this community never fail to delight.

I would have thought that Pegasus would have been put out to stud. Creating new inferior blood lines. Sadly with the vitamins that he consumed he would have had a short life after being retired. One of his distant off-spring were seen in the film QOS and did rather well for himself in the chaotic race through the city.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    After Bond destroyed his fishing boat in TWINE, Q decided to retire to a farm instead and adopted the orphaned Pegasus. That's how Zorin's horse became Q's horse.
    Offspring sired by Pegasus were noticeably inferior copies of the original.

tumblr_mjuv5rqmZq1rkf2rso1_500.gif
    mlp-my-little-pony.gif
    large.gif
    photofunky.gif
    df187f9e33163b06ba2c17daf1e2c34f.gif
    medium.gif

tumblr_m6w5s3Bs6W1rthxy9o1_500.gif
    Pegasus was repatriated, got the order of lenin hung around his neck and was the star of many military parades until his death.
    thedove wrote: »
    That's a good one @CommanderRoss did he ride with Pushkin or Gogol on his back?

I'm sure that would have tickled his...Tchaikovsky!

Seems like an appropriate place to end it! So we come to TLD and there are quite a few characters who lived to see another day. Lets start with a small character who ate up the scenery in his few scenes in the movie.

I am talking about everyone's favourite Russian guard. Deep inside Afghanistan this guard had some implied sadism to his character. Knocking people down, then knocking them down again when they tried to get up. He was last seen being locked into a jail cell after tumbling with our man. He got the gas and his prisoners gave him the slip!

So folks whatever happened to the sadistic Russian jail guard from TLD?

After the Afghan conflict, he immigrated to the United States.

And became a schoolteacher.

59775-17221-0.jpg