Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Can you think of a female colleague under the age of 70 CraigBond doesn't attempt to shag? :D

Not exactly a colleague but... :D
    roqreqdibxb4tz80dvxo.jpg[/quote]

Quite clearly a mistake on Bond's part there[/quote]

Because...?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Just a play on the “men aren’t allowed to be men”.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mtm wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    BBC's Outside Source just showed a news clip of how Rome has shut down. The report walked pst a luxury watch store and you can see a NTTD poster for Omega.

It includes the one with Craig in the tuxedo. But also another new poster of Nomi in a red suit. Looks cool.

Definitely new.
    This is interesting - another new NTTD outfit, or non-NTTD Omega advert?

No, it was this outfit but taken from a photoshoot....

191227-no-time-to-die-lashana-lynch-lea-seydoux.jpg

Cool: I like that outfit- she looks very sharp and confident.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Here is that article from the telegraph
    "This is an article from the online edition of The Telegraph. I have taken the liberty of cutting and pasting it whole, to save you from the irritating subscription requests. Enjoy"
    "James Bond is confronted by '2020 women' in new film after harassing them in the workplace, says star
    There were rumours last year that a woman would be the new 007
    By Helena Horton
    Premium
    Lashana Lynch, who plays Nomi, said the film has had a #MeToo update Credit: Nicole Dove
    James Bond is confronted by '2020 women' in the new film after harassing them in the workplace, one of the stars has said.
    The womanising character's behaviour towards his female colleagues is questioned in the #MeToo age, Lashana Lynch, who plays new spy Nomi said.
    Saying she would feel "uncomfortable" playing a "Bond Girl", the star explained that No Time To Die has updated the franchise's view towards women for a more equal age.
    Ms Lynch told the Sunday Times magazine: "I was more concerned as to how Nomi holds her own in a male-dominated space. And it's exciting to see Bond try to be his normal self among women of a 2020 mindset.
    "The reaction to him is what's important. You see how women like Nomi have to deal with men like him in the workplace."
    The actor added that her character could be seen as more senior than Bond in the new film as her methods are "more up-to-date".
    She said: "Bond's been gone a long time and now here comes this new agent who is hungry. Yes, you could say she thinks she is more capable of getting the job done in 2020, since her methods are up to date."
    Last year, there were rumours that Nomi would be the new 007, taking the title from her older colleague.
    When asked if she saw the rumours, she said: "I did, I'm really glad that conversation's happening. Because black women have very rarely in cinema been given the opportunity to be in power, where they're able to be the example."
    Daniel Craig this weekend insisted that the delayed No Time To Die will be his final Bond film, meaning a replacement will have to be found soon.
    Craig had been set to appear in his fifth Bond movie next month, but its release was pushed back to November due to the global spread ofcoronavirus.
    While it had been widely believed a new actor would take over following No Time To Die, recent reports suggested Craig was contemplating staying on.
    However, he used his hosting gig on Saturday Night Live to confirm it would be his final 007 film."

Anyone here ever seen a film called Goldeneye, 25 years ago?
    Samantha Bond feels really insignificant right now, thanks Lashana...

If you spend enough time on this planet, you kinda start seeing the endless repetition of the same ideas sold as something new over and over so that the next generation can have their 5 minutes in the spotlight. It's gets a bit predictable and boring to be honest.
    Pretty much nothing is going to change for the next Bond either, they found a nice sweetspot of Bond being a jerk and constantly called out for it, by progessively more agressive and capable women... bring on rhonda rousey next :))

That's good: someone previously was saying how Bond never does this to women in the workplace. It's always fun to read all of the different -and often contradictory- reasons why Lynch is wrong! :D

Well it's her opinion. I would not call what he does sexual harassment myself (depends),

Can you think of a female colleague under the age of 70 CraigBond doesn't attempt to shag? :D

roqreqdibxb4tz80dvxo.jpg

Him checking out every girl he sees is proof that he's not sex-obsessed? :D
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'm not sure I equivocate him being very promiscuous with him being a harasser though. He certainly enjoys shagging, but it's usually strongly reciprocated.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,541
    QBranch wrote: »
    BBC's Outside Source just showed a news clip of how Rome has shut down. The report walked pst a luxury watch store and you can see a NTTD poster for Omega.

It includes the one with Craig in the tuxedo. But also another new poster of Nomi in a red suit. Looks cool.

Definitely new.
    This is interesting - another new NTTD outfit, or non-NTTD Omega advert?

No, it was this outfit but taken from a photoshoot....

191227-no-time-to-die-lashana-lynch-lea-seydoux.jpg

Cool: I like that outfit- she looks very sharp and confident.
    "This is an article from the online edition of The Telegraph. I have taken the liberty of cutting and pasting it whole, to save you from the irritating subscription requests. Enjoy"
    "James Bond is confronted by '2020 women' in new film after harassing them in the workplace, says star
    By Helena Horton
    Premium
    Lashana Lynch, who plays Nomi, said the film has had a #MeToo update Credit: Nicole Dove
    James Bond is confronted by '2020 women' in the new film after harassing them in the workplace, one of the stars has said.
    The womanising character's behaviour towards his female colleagues is questioned in the #MeToo age, Lashana Lynch, who plays new spy Nomi said.
    Saying she would feel "uncomfortable" playing a "Bond Girl", the star explained that No Time To Die has updated the franchise's view towards women for a more equal age.
    Ms Lynch told the Sunday Times magazine: "I was more concerned as to how Nomi holds her own in a male-dominated space. And it's exciting to see Bond try to be his normal self among women of a 2020 mindset.
    "The reaction to him is what's important. You see how women like Nomi have to deal with men like him in the workplace."
    The actor added that her character could be seen as more senior than Bond in the new film as her methods are "more up-to-date".
    She said: "Bond's been gone a long time and now here comes this new agent who is hungry. Yes, you could say she thinks she is more capable of getting the job done in 2020, since her methods are up to date."
    Last year, there were rumours that Nomi would be the new 007, taking the title from her older colleague.
    When asked if she saw the rumours, she said: "I did, I'm really glad that conversation's happening. Because black women have very rarely in cinema been given the opportunity to be in power, where they're able to be the example."
    Daniel Craig this weekend insisted that the delayed No Time To Die will be his final Bond film, meaning a replacement will have to be found soon.
    Craig had been set to appear in his fifth Bond movie next month, but its release was pushed back to November due to the global spread ofcoronavirus.
    While it had been widely believed a new actor would take over following No Time To Die, recent reports suggested Craig was contemplating staying on.
    However, he used his hosting gig on Saturday Night Live to confirm it would be his final 007 film."

If you spend enough time on this planet, you kinda start seeing the endless repetition of the same ideas sold as something new over and over so that the next generation can have their 5 minutes in the spotlight. It's gets a bit predictable and boring to be honest.
    Pretty much nothing is going to change for the next Bond either, they found a nice sweetspot of Bond being a jerk and constantly called out for it, by progessively more agressive and capable women... bring on rhonda rousey next :))

That's good: someone previously was saying how Bond never does this to women in the workplace. It's always fun to read all of the different -and often contradictory- reasons why Lynch is wrong! :D

Well it's her opinion. I would not call what he does sexual harassment myself (depends),

roqreqdibxb4tz80dvxo.jpg

Him checking out every girl he sees is proof that he's not sex-obsessed? :D

It's called being hetrosexual. You forgot that the girl was the one whispered Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...... then bond turn around to check her out . You also don't take into account that most men have higher sexual drive compare to women. Being obsessed and having higher sexual drive are two different things, learn to differentiate.
    While we are at it , you advocating against bond being sex-obsessed is the proof that you are a simp? :D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,961
    I'm not sure I equivocate him being very promiscuous with him being a harasser though. He certainly enjoys shagging, but it's usually strongly reciprocated.

Sure (and on the reciprocation, it's a Bond film- that's just how it works for him :) ) but the point is perhaps it's not actually okay to try to tap your work colleagues up for a shag (and it's not like he's often up for much more: I don't think Fields was ever going to be the love of his life- he didn't even catch her first name!). No-one's saying they're going to change Bond from this attitude, just that it's okay to address that it's not okay, in much the same way that the films don't necessarily condone him for being a snob or a murderer: he's not presented as perfect. But it's okay to recognise that he's a bit of a dick too :)
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,034

Sure (and on the reciprocation, it's a Bond film- that's just how it works for him :) ) but the point is perhaps it's not actually okay to try to tap your work colleagues up for a shag (and it's not like he's often up for much more: I don't think Fields was ever going to be the love of his life- he didn't even catch her first name!). No-one's saying they're going to change Bond from this attitude, just that it's okay to address that it's not okay, in much the same way that the films don't necessarily condone him for being a snob or a murderer: he's not presented as perfect. But it's okay to recognise that he's a bit of a dick too :)

I wouldn't disagree with any of that. He's often used sex as a tool, and I think he certainly did with Fields and it ultimately got her killed. Just the response in relation to the word harassment threw me a bit. Sorry.
    I do wonder though, how can a man be sex obsessed can leave a girl like that for mission? It would be hard for me as well :D
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSfJDrgg-IfLOGIqrV9kcAfP4V-VaDvC-KD-vLQw4pVl6bAFhAE
    Yes...very hard.

:-D
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126
    By Helena Horton
    Premium

@00Agent we live a different more polarized world then back then so we really can't compare maybe the the two scenes in Goldeneye we can but this maybe the whole 3 hour long film that will never get released.

You really start to sound like a broken record. I would recommend you lay off the internet, and the conspiracy websites, and go play some video games... or follow some cooking course on youtube or whatever. Get a hobby, something constructive.
    Seriously.

I probably sound like a broken record because it's a warning. I have done some things yes not cooking I'm terrible video games yes definitely you video game? @00Agent
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126

She seems pretty happy there and not harrassed.

Neither she is harassed nor bond is obsessed. Yes she might be a little upset that bond left her there to pursue her husband (i am pretty sure a man who is sex obsessed can hardly keep up for Queen & Country).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I do wonder though, how can a man be sex obsessed can leave a girl like that for mission?

So you're trying to say that James Bond isn't sex obsessed? And your proof is a photo of him dry humping a beautiful woman on the floor? Okaaay... :D

I'm not sure it would stand up in court, m'lud ;)
    I do wonder though, how can a man be sex obsessed can leave a girl like that for mission?

So you're trying to say that James Bond isn't sex obsessed? Okaaay... :D

We have very different definition of obsession. Someone who can leave a girl like that to pursue a terrorist(her husband) cannot be sex obsessed. The photo was to show he left in the middle of his obsession (what you call it) . But again you are more interested in cherry picking than the actual argument. :)

I am not sure if bond ever was accused of sexual harrasment in court.

Neither she is harassed nor bond is obsessed. Yes she might be a little upset that bond left her there to pursue her husband (i am pretty sure a man who is sex obsessed can hardly keep up for Queen & Country).

i was talking about the photo of him at the ocean club golf course starting at the blondie.

i was talking about the photo of him at the ocean club golf course starting at the blondie.

Oh, of course she wasn't harrased.

Oh, of course she wasn't harrased.

yeah
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 5,185

We have very different definition of obsession. Someone who can leave a girl like that to pursue a terrorist(her husband) cannot be sex obsessed. The photo was to show he left in the middle of his obsession (what you call it) . But again you are more interested in cherry picking than the actual argument. :)

Wait for Bond 26 ;)

No but i would also say that he is definitly not sex obsessed. Neither is he sex addicted, which could be a serious condition. He just has a high sex drive, and has been doing that whole casual thing for such a long time that he has become extremely good and efficient at it.

Wait for Bond 26 ;)

No but i would also say that he is definitly not sex obsessed. Neither is he sex addicted, which could be a serious condition. He just has a high sex drive, and has been doing that whole casual thing for such a long time that he just has become extremely good and efficient at it.

Studying psychology for the last 5 years has taught me a lot about addiction & obsession. I am actually obsessed with the word "obsession" ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Just to check: you're talking about James Bond here? :D

Someone who wasn't sex-obsessed wouldn't be there in the first place to leave! I'm not trying to claim he's insane and puts his own sexual desires above the fate of the western world(!), but he does manage to conveniently slot an awful lot of shagging into his day job ;)

Again: your proof of him not being a huge shagger is to show him... on the verge of shagging :D You can laugh at that?

Yup
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is it just me who can see the joke, then? :)
    And apparently I'm the one 'cherry-picking' :D

So what is the actual claim here? That Bond doesn't harass women in any way, that he has a totally professional relationship with his colleagues and never tries it on with them, and that he has a very cool disinterest in sex? James Bond. What are we actually arguing?

Someone who wasn't sex-obsessed wouldn't be there in the first place to leave! I'm not trying to claim he's insane and puts his own sexual desires above the fate of the western world(!), but he does manage to conveniently slot an awful lot of shagging into his day job ;)

Again: your proof of him not being a huge shagger is to show him... on the verge of shagging :D You can laugh at that?

I think we are splitting hairs here. No one claims he isn't a shagger, but being "obsessed" are two different things. You can be efficient at something and not be obsessed about it.

I thought the original point of debate was whether he was guilty of sexual harassment or not! :))
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I thought the original point of debate was whether he was guilty of sexual harassment or not! :))

I know: I've lost track a bit of the argument too! That's why I asked what the actual point attempting to be proven was :) And every bit of 'proof' that he hasn't got shagging on the mind at all times seems to involve him... trying to or thinking about shagging someone :D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I think we are splitting hairs here. No one claims he isn't a shagger, but being "obsessed" are two different things. You can be efficient at something and not be obsessed about it.

'Efficient'? So he doesn't enjoy it or seek it out? Perhaps a little more than most men? What is your actual point here? Or are you only in this to play semantics over my use of the word 'obsessed' under that picture of him in the car park? I'm happy to admit he's not clinically obssessed, whatever the clinical definition of that is: I just used that word because it seemed the most appropriate in an internet post I took a few seconds to write: it wasn't an official medical diagnosis!
    :D

I'm sure Bond won't mind :D

So what is the actual claim here? That Bond doesn't harass women in any way, that he has a totally professional relationship with his colleagues and never tries it on with them, and that he has a very cool disinterest in sex? James Bond. What are we actually arguing?

Apparently shagging and having sex with a colleague is equal to harrasment. I bow to your superior intellect, Sir. Bond isn't very professional in terms of spy rule book but that doesn't make him harasser/sex obsessed. You can't understand the difference between higher sex drive and obsession/harrasment so there is no point engaging with you.

I am done here, your ignorance, bigotry and hypocrisy actually have it beat.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Apparently shagging and having sex with a colleague is equal to harrasment.

Seeking to have sex with all non-elderly female colleagues is on the edge of harassment, yeah.
    I bow to your superior intellect, Sir. Bond isn't very professional in terms of spy rule book but that doesn't make him harasser/sex obsessed. You can't understand the difference between higher sex drive and obsession/harrasment so there is no point engaging with you.

See my post above. You've rather cherry-picked that one word and hung a whole crusade on it.
    I am done here, your ignorance, bigotry and hypocrisy actually have it beat.

I'm a bigot? Because I think trying it on with female work colleagues is perhaps a bit outdated? That is a new definition of bigotry on me!
    :D
    And I'm a hypocrite... because I do that with all my female colleagues? You'll have to break that one down for me :)

I'm not exactly taking these accusations terribly seriously, as you may have noticed :D
    edited March 2020 Posts: 5,185

Seeking to have sex with all non-elderly female colleagues is on the edge of harassment, yeah.

But where did he ever do that?
    Where did he ever hit on a colleague from work? Except for Moneypenny, and even then i always found it to be more of a game between the two. Bond can get all the women he wants on a mission, why would he risk having an affair with Moneypenny, a woman he can't get rid of and who knows his Boss?

I think realistically speaking, women at work would be off limits to him. Except maybe for a harmless flirt, like Penelope Smallbone - and even then MP tells her "that's all you'll ever get from him". He is neither needy nor addicted. He's proficient and strategic to some degree ( He's not even interested in Vesper at first, a colleague (technically) and he's shagging villains mistresses so they turn against them, which worked very well for him in FRWL, GF, TB, so much so that Fiona Volpe made a speech about it).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

But where did he ever do that?
    Where did he ever hit on a colleague from work? Except for Moneypenny, and even then i always found it to be more of a game between the two.

We did this on the previous page where I asked you "Can you think of a female colleague under the age of 70 CraigBond doesn't attempt to shag?"
    Moneypenny, Fields, Vesper (not quite an MI6 colleague but certainly on a mission with him and working for the British Government).

When did he ever have a colleague he didn't hit on? :)

And incidentally: 'harmless flirts' aren't really harmless any more. That's just the way it is: and I'm know that's coming from a 'bigot' like me. :D

I do find Bond's attitude to women in those old films funny because he's a terrible dick. But it's not good and if he were real, the way he sees women as sex objects, especially at the office, would not be cool at all. But I think even at the time, we were supposed to laugh at Bond's famous "a woman?" in Moonraker. In those moments we're supposed to laugh at him slightly, or at least kind of enjoy that he can get away with being such a terrible man!