Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    I'm not doubting what you're saying, @007Blofeld ... I was just saying his right of center may not be what we're seeing today. And my original point was, I don't think political affiliations would ever stop Mr. Fleming from sleeping with a sexy, intelligent and sassy lady (like PWB).

He wasn't for gay marriage though he had gay friends, he was an alpha who wants to dominate women I don't think he would be welcomed with progressives there there's at least two big checks he said he would vote conservative over labor he was born from a conservative rich family his father was a conservative mp he admired churchill an imperialist conservative. I don't know I think he might be turned off when she fights back at him. According to everything or nothing the documentary he created James Bond as a response to the ussr which is the far left i don't know the first two points are pretty telling at the very least Its really the whole clash of his conservatism vs today's progressivism @peter

And you think all his women shared his political views? I'm sure he appreciated fighting with some of his women about these topics.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I'm not doubting what you're saying, @007Blofeld ... I was just saying his right of center may not be what we're seeing today. And my original point was, I don't think political affiliations would ever stop Mr. Fleming from sleeping with a sexy, intelligent and sassy lady (like PWB).

He wasn't for gay marriage though he had gay friends, he was an alpha who wants to dominate women I don't think he would be welcomed with progressives there there's at least two big checks he said he would vote conservative over labor he was born from a conservative rich family his father was a conservative mp he admired churchill an imperialist conservative. I don't know I think he might be turned off when she fights back at him. According to everything or nothing the documentary he created James Bond as a response to the ussr which is the far left i don't know the first two points are pretty telling at the very least Its really the whole clash of his conservatism vs today's progressivism. It's a fascinating debate but the two things above and the racism and stuff I don't think any of that would fly with progressives. @peter

I think that when Fleming was alive not many people were for gay marriage. And I also fail to see what that has to do with this thread.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    00Agent wrote: »

He wasn't for gay marriage though he had gay friends, he was an alpha who wants to dominate women I don't think he would be welcomed with progressives there there's at least two big checks he said he would vote conservative over labor he was born from a conservative rich family his father was a conservative mp he admired churchill an imperialist conservative. I don't know I think he might be turned off when she fights back at him. According to everything or nothing the documentary he created James Bond as a response to the ussr which is the far left i don't know the first two points are pretty telling at the very least Its really the whole clash of his conservatism vs today's progressivism @peter

And you think all his women shared his political views? I'm sure he appreciated fighting with some of his women about these topics.

No @00Agent I'm saying he isn't a progressive your missing the whole point

I think Fleming was very progressive for his time, but some might think he was conservative. It's all up to personal interpretation at the end of the day. Fleming was very supportive of Womens rights. He was also very supportive of the Black community for example, something that was not exactly popular in the 50's. He emigrated to a majority black country after all, and embraced the local culture wholeheartedly. But on other points he was rather conservative. I think Fleming was a guy who did not look at thinks through a left/right lense but looked at every topic individually and made his mind up with the information that he had. He was always reading and studying.

But conservative/progressive mean different things in different parts of the world also, it's not the same in europe as it is in america. But let's not turn this into a political debate and rather move on.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

He wasn't for gay marriage though he had gay friends, he was an alpha who wants to dominate women I don't think he would be welcomed with progressives there there's at least two big checks he said he would vote conservative over labor he was born from a conservative rich family his father was a conservative mp he admired churchill an imperialist conservative. I don't know I think he might be turned off when she fights back at him. According to everything or nothing the documentary he created James Bond as a response to the ussr which is the far left i don't know the first two points are pretty telling at the very least Its really the whole clash of his conservatism vs today's progressivism. It's a fascinating debate but the two things above and the racism and stuff I don't think any of that would fly with progressives. @peter

I think that when Fleming was alive not many people were for gay marriage. And I also fail to see what that has to do with this thread.

Your not in this discussion I doubt he would still be literally he doesn't seem like a radical person based on his background. He would be attacked so badly from the left. Anyway let's move on.

Your not in this discussion I doubt he would still be literally he doesn't seem like a radical person based on his background. He would be attacked so badly from the left. Anyway let's move on.

I'm "not in this discussion"...

qDnYSHk.gif
  • peterpeter Toronto

He wasn't for gay marriage though he had gay friends, he was an alpha who wants to dominate women (the sweet tang of rape) I don't think he would be welcomed with progressives there there's at least two big checks he said he would vote conservative over labor he was born from a conservative rich family his father was a conservative mp he admired churchill an imperialist conservative. I don't know I think he might be turned off when she fights back at him. According to everything or nothing the documentary he created James Bond as a response to the ussr which is the far left i don't know the first two points are pretty telling at the very least Its really the whole clash of his conservatism vs today's progressivism. It's a fascinating debate but the two things above and the racism and stuff I don't think any of that would fly with progressives. @peter

@007Blofeld ... progressive thinker... some of Fleming’s ideas and the way he wrote were progressive. Or forward thinking. Ahead of the times.

Indeed, there were some ugly opinions based on sex and race, for sure. And they were certainly based on the sins of the very recent past. No doubt about that. And I’d happily lump these ugly thoughts in a certain category that doesn’t include the word “progressive”.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126

I think Fleming was very progressive for his time, but some might think he was conservative. It's all up to personal interpretation at the end of the day. Fleming was very supportive of Womens rights. He was also very supportive of the Black community for example, something that was not exactly popular in the 50's. He emigrated to a majority black country after all, and embraced the local culture wholeheartedly. But on other points he was rather conservative. I think Fleming was a guy who did not look at thinks through a left/right lense but looked at every topic individually and made his mind up with the information that he had. He was always reading and studying.

But conservative/progressive mean different things in different parts of the world also, it's not the same in europe as it is in america. But let's not turn this into a political debate and rather move on.

I'm for most those things and I'm not progressive conservatives were the ones that started the women's rights movements and gave women voting rights until it turned and conservatives were for blacks and were part of the union during the civil war and still are contrary to what the media says. You could say for different countries the us and uk but Fleming said he was conservative in his own words. In todays world he would lean conservative based on me too and gay marriage I have no doubt just based on my thinking It's a lost debate really he isn't alive.

I'm for most those those things and I'm not progressive conservatives were the ones that started the women's rights movements until it turned an conservatives were for blacks and were part of the union during the civil war and still are contrary to what the media says. It could be for different countries but much are the same but in todays world he would lean conservative based on me too and gay marriage I have no doubt just based on my thinking It's a lost debate really he isn't alive.

Yupp, that's true. We can only speculate.

He wasn't for gay marriage though he had gay friends, he was an alpha who wants to dominate women (the sweet tang of rape) I don't think he would be welcomed with progressives there there's at least two big checks he said he would vote conservative over labor he was born from a conservative rich family his father was a conservative mp he admired churchill an imperialist conservative. I don't know I think he might be turned off when she fights back at him. According to everything or nothing the documentary he created James Bond as a response to the ussr which is the far left i don't know the first two points are pretty telling at the very least Its really the whole clash of his conservatism vs today's progressivism. It's a fascinating debate but the two things above and the racism and stuff I don't think any of that would fly with progressives. @peter

@007Blofeld ... progressive thinker... some of Fleming’s ideas and the way he wrote were progressive. Or forward thinking. Ahead of the times.

Indeed, there were some ugly opinions based on sex and race, for sure. And they were certainly based on the sins of the very recent past. No doubt about that. And I’d happily lump these ugly thoughts in a certain category that doesn’t include the word “progressive”.

@peter just because he was a progressive thinker doesn't mean he was progressive it depends really how much value he puts into his beliefs and his beliefs were conservative. I'm getting tired I need some sleep been up all night this could go on and on.

I'm for most those those things and I'm not progressive conservatives were the ones that started the women's rights movements until it turned an conservatives were for blacks and were part of the union during the civil war and still are contrary to what the media says. It could be for different countries but much are the same but in todays world he would lean conservative based on me too and gay marriage I have no doubt just based on my thinking It's a lost debate really he isn't alive.

Maybe if we meet him in heaven we can ask him who knows.

Not sure he made it up there. :))
    But by the way i'm conducting my own life, i'm pretty sure i will have a cabin right next to him no matter where he ended up at lol
    And i will gladly ask him ;)

But by the way i'm conducting my own life, i'm pretty sure i will have a cabin right next to him no matter where he ended up at lol

Let's hope he did

I'm "not in this discussion"...

qDnYSHk.gif

You kind of seem to be jarring in. unless you have something to add but you want to move on and so do I. @JamesCraig
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Someone who created a misogynist character that lasts 60 years should have a reserved VIP section for him ;)

Someone who created a misogynist character that lasts 60 years should have a reserved VIP section for him ;)

Yeah, this guy :D
    AGF-l7_Nd4NNKejUXwohEWYMONt55y6vHEgTMfRUdw=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Yeah, this guy :D
    AGF-l7_Nd4NNKejUXwohEWYMONt55y6vHEgTMfRUdw=s900-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

=))
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,025
    Gee, @007Blofeld gets really touchy when someone suggests Fleming had progressive tendencies. Maybe we shouldn’t bring up that Fleming even liked a certain American democratic politician...
    Gee, @007Blofeld gets really touchy when someone suggests Fleming had progressive tendencies. Maybe we shouldn’t bring up that Fleming even liked a certain American democratic politician...

But we are only jarring in. :-?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Can we all get back to oogling pictures of Ana de Armas 🤣😍
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Mallory wrote: »
    Can we all get back to oogling pictures of Ana de Armas 🤣😍

PREACH

@MakeshiftPython I'm not being touchy I'm just trying to tell the truth at least I'm not a smart alec like you and some other people on here its really making the forum unwrite-able and unreadable. he was catholic and usually those people these days are conservative we live in different times I'm sure JFK would be a conservative today so that's a bad argument anyone could have been a Democrat or Republican and flipped flop and now more separate it all started after the 60s with the sexual revolution.

But we are only jarring in. :-?

@JamesCraig just drop it

@MakeshiftPython I'm not being touchy I'm just trying to tell the truth at least I'm not a smart alec like you and some other people on here its really making the forum unwrite-able and unreadable. he was catholic and usually those people these days are conservative we live in different times I'm sure JFK would be a conservative today so that's a bad argument anyone could have been a Democrat or Republican and flipped flop and now more separate it all started after the 60s with the sexual revolution.

One thing is certain: Fleming definitely would have thought Trump was an utter moron.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 5,185

He was not a devoted christian at all, and lived his life pretty much in the opposite direction of what a devoted christian would do. I don't know where you got that from, but let us not turn this into a religious or political debate. This is getting tedious, and has very little to do with "the women of NTTD".

So let me pick up where we left off with that.

2dcfa8f7184e744bba39e1076d224a2e.jpg

ana-de-armas-photoshoot-for-global-ambassador-chopard-february-2020-5_thumbnail.jpg

ana-de-armas-attends-the-saint-laurent-show-f-w-2020-during-paris-fashion-week-in-paris-france-250220_9.jpg

ana-de-armas-latest-2020-z1-640x960.jpg

Fleming would definitely like to chat her up.
    Fleming would definitely like to chat her up.

Wouldn't we all? That, we can all agree on. :))

5e5d8585-0f06-4d9b-bbac-9dd8519f5b5a_text_hi.gif
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

He was not a devoted christian at all, and lived his life pretty much in the opposite direction of what a devoted christian would do. I don't know where you got that from, but let us not turn this into a religious or political debate. This is getting tedious, and has very little to do with "the women of NTTD".

ana-de-armas-photoshoot-for-global-ambassador-chopard-february-2020-5_thumbnail.jpg

ana-de-armas-attends-the-saint-laurent-show-f-w-2020-during-paris-fashion-week-in-paris-france-250220_9.jpg

This is what we're here to look at. Thank you for this.

This is what we're here to look at. Thank you for this.

My pleasure. I also invite you all over to the Bond Girl Friday's thread, plenty more of this over there. ;)

One thing is certain: Fleming definitely would have thought Trump was an utter moron.

Not all Republicans like trump I hope everyone doesn't think this but its probably true @MakeshiftPython

So he was a fake catholic? his wife had prayers with his kids I would Google it https://www.wbur.org/news/2017/05/25/kennedy-catholicism-presidential-campaign if your interested you might be surprised. but whatever I remember reading people where worried the Pope would have control of the u.s. government from history class so I think he was very much faith based but anyway yeah let's move on and yes oh yes Fleming would dive in and make a move on her haha lol. Friday's are the best. @00Agent 8-} :x B-) O:-) :P ;;) :D