Lashana Lynch as 007 and the Women of 'No Time to Die' (SPOILERS!)

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    You realize those sites are tabloid garbage, right?

You realize both of these have interviews

So does the National Enquirer. Doesn't make it truth.

What you mean one of them is exclusive.

Two words: tabloid garbage.

Even if they are from her words?
    😏
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    You realize those sites are tabloid garbage, right?

You realize both of these have interviews

So does the National Enquirer. Doesn't make it truth.

What you mean one of them is exclusive.

Two words: tabloid garbage.

Even if they are from her words?
    😏

?
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126
    I don't get what your getting at but whatever.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    He’s asking what you mean by “shoving down out throats”.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 15,072

Yeah you already said that: you said "it's not what I'm getting at but whatever": the question was what are you getting at (but whatever) if not that she's not shoving being a woman 'down your throat'? It's a pretty simple question.
    mtm wrote: »

Yeah you already said that: you said "it's not what I'm getting at but whatever": the question was what are you getting at (but whatever) if not that she's not shoving being a woman 'down your throat'? It's a pretty simple question.

I meant shoving pc stuff down the throat sort of forcing people to change is bad and I'm saying it doesn't work like that and only turns people off.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    'PC stuff' being... women being women?
    And when you say it turns people off, you mean it turns misogynists off.

I can tell this is going to get circular because there's not much logic on the other side. I think I'll bail it now :D Enjoy your opinions.
    'PC stuff' being... women being women?
    And when you say it turns people off, you mean it turns misogynists off.

I can tell this is going to get circular because there's not much logic on the other side. I think I'll bail it now :D Enjoy your opinions.

@mtm No not that your getting me wrong I think we should just drop it your getting confused I didn't say women not being women I meant forcing unnecessary social justice warrior stuff that is in a film that people will get really turned off about.
    BBC's Outside Source just showed a news clip of how Rome has shut down. The report walked pst a luxury watch store and you can see a NTTD poster for Omega.

It includes the one with Craig in the tuxedo. But also another new poster of Nomi in a red suit. Looks cool.

Definitely new.
    @007Blofeld take it easy brother.

U6t7kAf.jpg
    Here is that article from the telegraph
    "This is an article from the online edition of The Telegraph. I have taken the liberty of cutting and pasting it whole, to save you from the irritating subscription requests. Enjoy"
    "James Bond is confronted by '2020 women' in new film after harassing them in the workplace, says star
    There were rumours last year that a woman would be the new 007
    By Helena Horton
    Premium
    Lashana Lynch, who plays Nomi, said the film has had a #MeToo update Credit: Nicole Dove
    James Bond is confronted by '2020 women' in the new film after harassing them in the workplace, one of the stars has said.
    The womanising character's behaviour towards his female colleagues is questioned in the #MeToo age, Lashana Lynch, who plays new spy Nomi said.
    Saying she would feel "uncomfortable" playing a "Bond Girl", the star explained that No Time To Die has updated the franchise's view towards women for a more equal age.
    Ms Lynch told the Sunday Times magazine: "I was more concerned as to how Nomi holds her own in a male-dominated space. And it's exciting to see Bond try to be his normal self among women of a 2020 mindset.
    "The reaction to him is what's important. You see how women like Nomi have to deal with men like him in the workplace."
    The actor added that her character could be seen as more senior than Bond in the new film as her methods are "more up-to-date".
    She said: "Bond's been gone a long time and now here comes this new agent who is hungry. Yes, you could say she thinks she is more capable of getting the job done in 2020, since her methods are up to date."
    Last year, there were rumours that Nomi would be the new 007, taking the title from her older colleague.
    When asked if she saw the rumours, she said: "I did, I'm really glad that conversation's happening. Because black women have very rarely in cinema been given the opportunity to be in power, where they're able to be the example."
    Daniel Craig this weekend insisted that the delayed No Time To Die will be his final Bond film, meaning a replacement will have to be found soon.
    Craig had been set to appear in his fifth Bond movie next month, but its release was pushed back to November due to the global spread ofcoronavirus.
    While it had been widely believed a new actor would take over following No Time To Die, recent reports suggested Craig was contemplating staying on.
    However, he used his hosting gig on Saturday Night Live to confirm it would be his final 007 film."
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    "This is an article from the online edition of The Telegraph. I have taken the liberty of cutting and pasting it whole, to save you from the irritating subscription requests. Enjoy"
    "James Bond is confronted by '2020 women' in new film after harassing them in the workplace, says star
    By Helena Horton
    Premium
    Lashana Lynch, who plays Nomi, said the film has had a #MeToo update Credit: Nicole Dove
    James Bond is confronted by '2020 women' in the new film after harassing them in the workplace, one of the stars has said.
    The womanising character's behaviour towards his female colleagues is questioned in the #MeToo age, Lashana Lynch, who plays new spy Nomi said.
    Saying she would feel "uncomfortable" playing a "Bond Girl", the star explained that No Time To Die has updated the franchise's view towards women for a more equal age.
    Ms Lynch told the Sunday Times magazine: "I was more concerned as to how Nomi holds her own in a male-dominated space. And it's exciting to see Bond try to be his normal self among women of a 2020 mindset.
    "The reaction to him is what's important. You see how women like Nomi have to deal with men like him in the workplace."
    The actor added that her character could be seen as more senior than Bond in the new film as her methods are "more up-to-date".
    She said: "Bond's been gone a long time and now here comes this new agent who is hungry. Yes, you could say she thinks she is more capable of getting the job done in 2020, since her methods are up to date."
    Last year, there were rumours that Nomi would be the new 007, taking the title from her older colleague.
    When asked if she saw the rumours, she said: "I did, I'm really glad that conversation's happening. Because black women have very rarely in cinema been given the opportunity to be in power, where they're able to be the example."
    Daniel Craig this weekend insisted that the delayed No Time To Die will be his final Bond film, meaning a replacement will have to be found soon.
    Craig had been set to appear in his fifth Bond movie next month, but its release was pushed back to November due to the global spread ofcoronavirus.
    While it had been widely believed a new actor would take over following No Time To Die, recent reports suggested Craig was contemplating staying on.
    However, he used his hosting gig on Saturday Night Live to confirm it would be his final 007 film."

To be fair that sounds like the usual guff that actresses in Bond films come out with before the film is released.

Audiences flock to Bond films to see what they've been enjoying for nearly 60 years. If the producers change anything too drastically then they really have dropped the ball. Personally I would be surprised if this is the case.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    BBC's Outside Source just showed a news clip of how Rome has shut down. The report walked pst a luxury watch store and you can see a NTTD poster for Omega.

It includes the one with Craig in the tuxedo. But also another new poster of Nomi in a red suit. Looks cool.

Definitely new.
    This is interesting - another new NTTD outfit, or non-NTTD Omega advert?
    By Helena Horton
    Premium

To be fair that sounds like the usual guff that actresses in Bond films come out with before the film is released.

Audiences flock to Bond films to see what they've been enjoying for nearly 60 years. If the producers change anything too drastically then they really have dropped the ball. Personally I would be surprised if this is the case.

007Blofleld likes to panic I guess. :-?
    QBranch wrote: »

Definitely new.

No, it was this outfit but taken from a photoshoot....

191227-no-time-to-die-lashana-lynch-lea-seydoux.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Ah, I see - old suit, new poster. Thanks for clarifying.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 5,185
    By Helena Horton
    Premium

Anyone here ever seen a film called Goldeneye, 25 years ago?
    Samantha Bond feels really insignificant right now, thanks Lashana...

If you spend enough time on this planet, you kinda start seeing the endless repetition of the same ideas sold as something new over and over so that the next generation can have their 5 minutes in the spotlight. It's gets a bit predictable and boring to be honest.
    Pretty much nothing is going to change for the next Bond either, they found a nice sweetspot of Bond being a jerk and constantly called out for it, by progessively more agressive and capable women... bring on rhonda rousey next :))
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Definitely new.

Cool: I like that outfit- she looks very sharp and confident.
    00Agent wrote: »
    By Helena Horton
    Premium

If you spend enough time on this planet, you kinda start seeing the endless repetition of the same ideas sold as something new over and over so that the next generation can have their 5 minutes in the spotlight. It's gets a bit predictable and boring to be honest.
    Pretty much nothing is going to change for the next Bond either, they found a nice sweetspot of Bond being a jerk and constantly called out for it, by progessively more agressive and capable women... bring on rhonda rousey next :))

That's good: someone previously was saying how Bond never does this to women in the workplace. It's always fun to read all of the different -and often contradictory- reasons why Lynch is wrong! :D
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 17,333
    By MAD Magazine illustrator Tom Richmond:

Definitely new.

By Helena Horton
    Premium

That's good: someone previously was saying how Bond never does this to women in the workplace. It's always fun to read all of the different -and often contradictory- reasons why Lynch is wrong! :D

Well it's her opinion. I would not call what he does sexual harassment myself (depends), but Moneypenny thought it could be qualified as such... her opinion.
    But the whole concept of having that in a Bond film is nothing new.

As Lashana said "The reaction to him is what's important" because that's what EoN is giving her. A reaction. Like M's and Moneypenny's reaction in GE.

Bond dosen't care though. Bond does what Bond does. Even though he got tamer over the years, sure. You probably won't see him zoom in a video camera on some girls cleavage in Q's lab just for the heck of it.
    By Helena Horton
    Premium

Rhonda for teh female Bondz!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Definitely new.

By Helena Horton
    Premium

Well it's her opinion. I would not call what he does sexual harassment myself (depends), but Moneypenny thought it could be qualified as such... her opinion.

As Lashana said "The reaction to him is what's important" because that's what EoN is giving her. A reaction. Like M's and Moneypenny's reaction in GE.

Bond dosen't care though. Bond does what Bond does. Even though he got tamer over the years, sure. You probably won't see him zoom in a video camera on some girls cleavage in Q's lab just for the heck of it.

Yup, that seems to be the way these days. If she likes it good, if she doesn't it's harrasment . Maybe that's why bond doesn't care because he himself will be confused wether or not to flirt at work place or what qualifies as harrasment, so he decided to hell with it.

Definitely new.

By Helena Horton
    Premium

Yup, that seems to be the way these days. If she likes it good, if she doesn't it's harrasment . Maybe that's why bond doesn't care because he himself will be confused wether or not to flirt at work place or what qualifies as harrasment, so he decided to hell with it.

Bond is a trained elite spy, who runs headfirst into danger and risks his life every day. You think he'd be scared of a sexual harassment lawsuit?

I think his mentality would be close to what you described. Something like "if she doesn't like it, it was just a joke... if she DOES like it, i scored." Not much to lose here.

But he's neither desperate nor pushy (ok, maybe a bit pushy on one or two occasions lol, but those involve matters of life and death usually).
    By Helena Horton
    Premium

007Blofleld likes to panic I guess. :-?

Not panic I'm just saying in the sensitive times we live in it probably won't turn out well.
    By Helena Horton
    Premium

@00Agent we live a different more polarized world then back then so we really can't compare maybe the the two scenes in Goldeneye we can but this maybe the whole 3 hour long film that will never get released.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    By Helena Horton
    Premium

@00Agent we live a different more polarized world then back then so we really can't compare maybe the the two scenes in Goldeneye we can but this maybe the whole 3 hour long film that will never get released.

I've never even opened a British tabloid, and with good reason. The sad fact is that when it comes to Bond (remember DC being announced in 2005 and CR's production) "respectable" newspapers here tend to blindly copy their, ahem, articles.

And it's not only the tabloids of course. This Dutch moviesite (Filmtotaal or something) knew for sure that Bond will drink a non alcoholic beer in NTTD just because DC made a commercial for it.
    By Helena Horton
    Premium

You really start to sound like a broken record. I would recommend you lay off the internet, and the conspiracy websites, and go play some video games... or follow some cooking course on youtube or whatever. Get a hobby, something constructive.
    Seriously.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Definitely new.

By Helena Horton
    Premium

Well it's her opinion. I would not call what he does sexual harassment myself (depends),

Can you think of a female colleague under the age of 70 CraigBond doesn't attempt to shag? :D
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,541

Definitely new.

By Helena Horton
    Premium

Well it's her opinion. I would not call what he does sexual harassment myself (depends),

Can you think of a female colleague under the age of 70 CraigBond doesn't attempt to shag? :D

Not exactly a colleague but... :D
    roqreqdibxb4tz80dvxo.jpg
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Can you think of a female colleague under the age of 70 CraigBond doesn't attempt to shag? :D[/quote]

Not exactly a colleague but... :D
    roqreqdibxb4tz80dvxo.jpg[/quote]

Quite clearly a mistake on Bond's part there