R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

1333435363739»

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    PC0550_master.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh yeah, those blu-ray releases really were horrendous. Night and day difference in quality between those two posters.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The LALD poster always confused me, though. It looks like someone is firing a colossal cannon of sorts, yet I can't remember seeing one of those. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    The LALD poster always confused me, though. It looks like someone is firing a colossal cannon of sorts, yet I can't remember seeing one of those. ;-)

There's a story behind that. Apparently when they were filming, a local naval vessel was docked, and had this massive gun on board. An over eager photographer thought it be cool for Rog to pose behind it. When they came to choosing publicity shots for the film, it got thrown into the mix, and the artist doing the poster used it, even though it had nothing to do with the movie!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »

There's a story behind that. Apparently when they were filming, a local naval vessel was docked, and had this massive gun on board. An over eager photographer thought it be cool for Rog to pose behind it. When they came to choosing publicity shots for the film, it got thrown into the mix, and the artist doing the poster used it, even though it had nothing to do with the movie!

Cool! Thanks, @Mathis1. I wish we could have actually seen Roger firing off this enormous gun in the film somehow.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Robin Browne - (1941-2024)

Photographer and Special Effects Cameraman on TSWLM and MR, along with countless other non-Bond films, has sadly passed away.
    His passing was reportedly on 28th March, he was featured on many of the 'making of' documentaries of the SE DVD Bond films.

RIP
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    MV5BZGU2YmFkYjAtYzQwZC00MzAwLTg0ZWItOTk1YjNmYjI0YTFhL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxMjk0Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Yolt
    OHMSS
    TSWLM
    Moonraker
    The Jewel of the nile

Thank you... Rip
    Benny wrote: »
    Robin Browne - (1941-2024)

Photographer and Special Effects Cameraman on TSWLM and MR, along with countless other non-Bond films, has sadly passed away.
    His passing was reportedly on 28th March, he was featured on many of the 'making of' documentaries of the SE DVD Bond films.

RIP

Truly one of the unsung heroes of the Bond films, a man whose name hasn't passed our keyboards often enough.

RIP, Robin. Your legacy will live on in the heart of every Bond fan.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    RIP Robin Browne great contributions to some truly iconic visual Bond films.