R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

Comments

:(
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2023 Posts: 17,786
    Sad to hear of the death of Topol. Columbo was a great larger than life character in FYEO. The character was well adapted on-screen from the short story 'Risico'. Topol also featured in the last episode of Tales of the Unexpected ("Mr Know-All") in 1988, one of my favourite TV shows.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Topol!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    This is incredibly sad. Pistachios in your honour sir.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    R.I.P.Topol one of Bond's best allies in the movies.

'You can't beat the human spirit'.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Columbo is one of my favorite Bond allies. RIP Topol. :-(
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Sad to learn about Topol’s passing.

Such a likeable actor, and he definitely made one of the best allies in series as Columbo.

RIP Topol :(
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I just read it elsewhere, too. RIP Chaim Topol. His Milos Columbo was one of the best characters in FYEO.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2023 Posts: 4,437
    He was also seen in Jeroen Krabbé (The Living Daylights) directed Left Luggage.

Another source of his death: https://nos.nl/artikel/2466773-israelische-acteur-topol-fiddler-on-the-roof-overleden

I remember from Inside FYEO that Dana Broccoli sugest him. I think Kerim Bay and Columbo set's humor of Valentine. All three actors are death now.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Colombo meaning dove.

RIP Chaim Topol.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Really sad news to wake up to. Growing up on this series, FYEO was one of the first installments I saw and one that always lingered in my mind, in part due to his great performance. I was so amazed as a kid watching him go from this possibly terrifying villain to a close ally of Bond's and I love how the two team up and work together (seeing Bond working with criminals over a shared goal is always so fun) through the back half of FYEO. RIP, Chaim Topol.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    He will team up with Roger Moore in heaven now..... 🥲
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    He was the best part of my least favourite Bond film. He was up there with Kerim, Draco and Felix as the best allies in the series. I hope heaven has an unlimited supply of pistachios.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Colombo meaning dove.

RIP Chaim Topol.

Yes, I heard that the Italian word columba meant "dove" a while ago on the TV and noted it down. I remember thinking how clever it was of Fleming to include that little in-joke for those in the know by giving him that nickname. Still, that doesn't surprise me as Fleming was obviously a very clever and knowledgeable man.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
  • sad loss about Topol.. Great character in vastly underrated Bond film FYEO
    RIP. One of the Bond series’ very best allies thanks to a great, charismatic performance.
    R.I.P. Topol
    One of the most memorable allies in the series!
    Topol was perfect casting. He wasn't rotund like Fleming's original but otherwise captured the roguish charm and zest for life that characterize Bond's allies in the books.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Rest in peace Topol, he was a legend. Definitely watching FYEO this weekend.
    RIP Topel. One of my favorite Bond allies characters in the whole franchise.
    Milos Columbo, Kerim Bey, and Tiger Tanaka gotta be my 3 favorite Bond allies in the series. Not counting Felix old boy of course.

Topol was excellent in FYEO and it’s one of my favorite Bond films. Best film of 1981. Yes much better than Raiders. And Conti’s score I always maintained and continue to do so is still more exciting and memorable than Williams’ score for Raiders.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's very sad. She was pretty incredible.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    We don't need another hero. We had Tina. RIP. You were fantastic, Tina.
    Simply the Best wasn't just a song title as far as she was concerned. A true living legend. RIP.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 8,677
    That leaves me exceptionally sad. For me, she wasn't just a Bond theme singer, but one of the greatest performers in the world long before she sang GoldenEye. I fondly remember her from a concert at the Hamburg Volkspark Stadium in 2000 (I think it was the "24/7" tour). She had (now get this!) John Fogerty and his crew as the opening act, who gave the complete Greatest Hits of CCR but unfortunately failed to perform Proud Mary with Tina and John together. She was 60 then (younger than I am now), but her energy and dancing skills were still second to none. I'll miss her, though she obviously did not record any songs any more. One of my personal hall of fame. RIP.

PS: One of the rare cases outside my own family when I actually cried a bit.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    River Deep Mountain High what a belter that was, Tina Turner incredible vocalist. Hard to believe Tina has passed away. R. I. P.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn, that's very sad to see. Even beyond her genius work on Goldeneye, she was an amazing performer with deep, expansive talent. She'll be missed.