The MI6 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Seasons greetings to new and older members alike-even the ones I don't like. I give these seasonal wishes and calls of Happy Christmas/Merry Christmas/Merry Xmas to the following:

*Hardcore Christians who think they're celebrating Jesus' birthdate and make a manic celebration of it.
    Christmas_-_Jesus_is_the_reason3.gif

*Hardcore Christians who dispute Jesus' birth as being in another month and perhaps closer to Spring, but who celebrate as dictated by their faith and tome regardless.
    d3fb5468c574fa67052afc9414fc694a.gif

*Anti-Christian pagans who are trying to take back their holiday by practicing the rituals of their forefathers. If you lot promise to abstain from practicing child sacrifices to your sun god I will allow you to get as loose as you please on any liquid courage of your choice. Climate change is on, we don't need things getting any warmer.
    Happy_Saturnalia.jpg

*Casual pagans who have no commitment to tradition and simply enjoy being counter-cultural and anti-puritan. I don't think you people are into sacrifices, but I issue the same warning to you as well. You're also probably already drunk, so...continue to have at it.
    Saturnalia09.jpg

*My fellow atheists who are practicing a strictly secular version of the holiday predicted on spending time with family and friends. If you are around like minded atheistic company this coming Christmas morning, afternoon and/or evening who have a sense of humor, by all means educate them on the wacky history of Christmas and how olden day Christians stole the holiday from the original party animals, the pagans. Chortle with amusement as you absorb the irony of an ancient holiday being retooled from a time of sacrifice for first born children to one where those same children are instead given wrapped boxes to tear apart from under the same trees their lifeless bodies would be offered to the gods from. History, right?!
    ef169d8bf702395004474f106ca803f6--xmas-cards-holiday-cards.jpg
    49829ded2b52c375ede273023d019c30.jpg

*Anyone who thinks Christmas is largely a commercialized sham orchestrated by merchandising and retail outlets, card companies and jewelers who guilt trip you into buying things for others you may not even like. I'm partly with you on this one, but think of all the bargains you can selfishly scoop up for yourself online and in store at this time of year? Trade-offs.
    ecardregift.jpg?fit=420%2C294

*People who don't celebrate anything surrounding Christmas at all and just want to be left alone. To this group in particular I wish you a merry day of introspective solitude and peaceful comfort and relaxation free of distraction, annoying relatives or package opening. Talk about priceless gifts!
    13d451cc79714a88e0607596520d31af.png
    thumbRNS-XMAS-CARD121115g.jpg

I think that's everyone accounted for!
    merry-christmas-greeting-house-lights-animated-gif-image.gif
    christmascoverphoto.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Merry Christmas one and all.
    Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday.
    I hope everyone here has a wonderful Christmas and new year. I am very ready for a new year. Always a time of reflection and hope for me. Christmas, while still somewhat enjoyable, has lost a lot of its magic for me over time. Still, I love the snow and lights whenever they’re present.
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Merry Christmas!
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!
    Merry Christmas!
    giphy.gif
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    From @Thunderfinger and myself:

cthulhu-carcossa.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »

cthulhu-carcossa.jpg

cf9f22211b518e621e12ad400ea955c3
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Only a couple of bears so far, but we r e here all day.
    They all float down there...
  • Andi1996RueggAndi1996Ruegg Hello. It's me, Evelyn Tremble.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    I think you and I would get along very well, too well maybe ha ha...

What a great Christmas post. As long as we all can accept all variations of people and always take everything with a needed portion of humor, we won't have too many problems in the world.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2017 Posts: 4,441

1cd83474a05df3c127d68b7b7368e28c.jpg
    (Mexican) Feliz Navidad

muursticker-kerstman.jpg
    (Dutch) Happy Christmas

2caa104e-6c53-43c9-8f41-aa7381c138f5.jpg
    Merry Christmas

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSxaT5O1ociI6FrJczDiufHD0Rjw8NFfnp7OTslsumERRg8ChY
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Some classic Owl City from the Balje!
    Remember the Christmas truce of 1914
    Illustrated_London_News_-_Christmas_Truce_1914.jpg

It should be Christmas all year.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    My best wishes of a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for everyone that is a part on this forum and makes it even better. I might not be here that frequently as I used to be 2 or 3 years ago, but I surely feel like I'm in home when I'm here.

Got this gift from my parents. Very happy I am, indeed.

25994744_1780067068670976_2329846898509691586_n.jpg?oh=3369f2d31848b0d39799e836fcbdde41&oe=5AB255BA
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited December 2017 Posts: 17,804
    Remember the Christmas truce of 1914
    Illustrated_London_News_-_Christmas_Truce_1914.jpg

It should be Christmas all year.

Indeed, an end to the inhumanity and injustice of war should be on all of our wishlists' for 2018 and the years ahead!

Paul McCartney - 'Pipes of Peace' (1983):

Jona Lewie - Stop The Cavalry (1982) (sadly not heard this one on Heart Radio at work this year at all):

@X3MSonicX
    The Ocean variety is one I really love. Excellent choice!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to everyone. I hope you all get to spend quality time with loved ones and friends, enjoy lots of great food and drink, and I look forward to discussing all things Bond and film with you in 2018.

All my best for what I'm sure will be an entertaining and exciting year ahead!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthDimi wrote: »

cthulhu-carcossa.jpg
    Cross out the "H," add a "Dr" at the start and I think you'll find that A LOT more people will show up.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    I think you and I would get along very well, too well maybe ha ha...

What a great Christmas post. As long as we all can accept all variations of people and always take everything with a needed portion of humor, we won't have too many problems in the world.
    From the time we've spoken and what I know of you, @Andi1996Ruegg, I don't think we're too different at all. Kind of like Bond and Alec, but the non-conflict version of that. ;)
    X3MSonicX wrote: »
    My best wishes of a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for everyone that is a part on this forum and makes it even better. I might not be here that frequently as I used to be 2 or 3 years ago, but I surely feel like I'm in home when I'm here.

Got this gift from my parents. Very happy I am, indeed.

25994744_1780067068670976_2329846898509691586_n.jpg?oh=3369f2d31848b0d39799e836fcbdde41&oe=5AB255BA
    Thanks for stopping by, @X3MSonicX, and I wish you happy holidays, my friend. I think of you every once in a while and hope you're doing well. Don't be a stranger. :)
  • on_her_majestys_secret_service_george_lazenby_in_santa_hat_big.jpg

Merry Christmas, fellow Bond fans!
    edited December 2017 Posts: 28,694
    I made this Bond gag with Christmas Jones for the holidays many years back, and try to share it annually on relevant threads:
    https://i.imgur.com/fLOGlVl.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I made this Bond gag with Christmas Jones for the holidays many years back, and try to share it annually on relevant threads:
    https://i.imgur.com/fLOGlVl.jpg

Superb. Thank you!
    I sincerely hope all forum members had a Merry Christmas this year! I wish you all good health for 2018!!!!!!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Look what thread I’ve dug up.

Merry Christmas one and all. Thanks to everyone for continuing to make this the finest Bond forum on the net.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Merry Christmas everyone! I wish you all the best.

Caravaggio-Nativity%281600%29.jpg
    Mary
    mary-goodnight-film-characters-photo-u1?w=280&h=280&fit=crop&crop=faces&q=50&fmt=jpg
    Christmas
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSO3lDPYTEeakJlGEc_Yf3HYmxQ6sDHvn06WnuEq4lgHwNz9MTL
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    7331f5322955562611deca15220a25ab--high-roller-pierce-brosnan.jpg
    Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. May peace, love and prosperity follow you always
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    200.gif
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my chums here on MI6!!!!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Season's greetings.