PETITION: Give the fans a more influential say in the (uncertain) future of the James Bond franchise

Comments

I prefer to use my democratic right

Can you tell me when the next Bond election is where I get to have my say? I've been a fan for fast approaching 40 years but never realised your could register to vote on matters Bondian until now.

Are there other democratic rights that I haven't been told about? Because I'd love to be able to vote for Klavan to be axed from Liverpool and for Armando Iannucci to make more of The Thick of It.

No need to worry, Klopp is fully aware of the internet.
  • vzok wrote: »

Can you tell me when the next Bond election is where I get to have my say? I've been a fan for fast approaching 40 years but never realised your could register to vote on matters Bondian until now.

Are there other democratic rights that I haven't been told about? Because I'd love to be able to vote for Klavan to be axed from Liverpool and for Armando Iannucci to make more of The Thick of It.

May I ask what this Klavan actually means? Obviously something in connection with Juergen Klopp, but I just don't get the wordplay.
    vzok wrote: »

May I ask what this Klavan actually means? Obviously something in connection with Juergen Klopp, but I just don't get the wordplay.

He is a defender for Liverpool,who Wiz,has NO time for.
    (Cant say I blame him !).
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    vzok wrote: »

May I ask what this Klavan actually means?

I've asked myself that question numerous times old chap. There's no known answer.
    Petition time I will take a pass nothing is as worse as when the looneys take over, take the US as an example with the clown in chief.

I do not want fans running the franchise they is crazy.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Petition time I will take a pass nothing is as worse as when the looneys take over, take the US as an example with the clown in chief.

Quite. Just look at the traction 'Monica Belucci is the real head of SPECTRE and Oberhauser was just pretending to be the leader' is getting in the B25 thread

I'm very close to starting up a counter petition which states 'EON please let the fans nowhere near the series as they are utter morons.'.

Quite. Just look at the traction 'Monica Belucci is the real head of SPECTRE and Oberhauser was just pretending to be the leader' is getting in the B25 thread

I'm very close to starting up a counter petition which states 'EON please let the fans nowhere near the series as they are utter morons.'.

I'm not !!
  • SaintMark wrote: »

I'm one of those pushing the Oberhauser was just pretending to be Blofeld twist, if only because it's the only way to get rid of Brothergate. Otherwise people will still be making jokes about it in 20 years from now. The Bellucci idea of course it's ridiculous.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why would he pretend to be someone completely unknown to Bond?
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Exactly. To screw with Tanner most probably.
    Screw with or just screw ? ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,327
    Eon should just not acknowledge the previous films events happened, they have done it before
  • I rest my case @DarthDimi :-).

Well, I find that notion a bit grotesque. I am not asking in my petition to let all Bond fans take over the bloody Bond franchise. *sigh*
    edited November 2017 Posts: 4,421
    Ah, you've have to wait until Bond 25 comes out. All with be revealed. Personally I'm hoping for a ménage à trois between Tanner, Blofeld and Lucia. Grrr.
    royale65 wrote: »
    Ah, you've have to wait until Bond 25 comes out. All with be revealed. Personally I'm hoping for a ménage à trois between Tanner, Blofeld and Lucia. Grrr.

That poor poor woman...
    She would be on top. Poor, poor Tanner, I think was what you meant.

Either way,even with the lovely Lucia,i think I will pass on the DVD.
    I do hope you don't scare easily Bazza ;)
  • SaintMark wrote: »

Does that include...you :-)?

I am sorry @TheWizardOfIce, but I think every Bond fan has something interesting to tell. Even your opinion to me is grounded in some realism. Regarding the news about Monica Bellucci..........to me it is interesting to see what opinion are floating around regarding that rumour. Some make sense, other make less sense. No reason to belittle the entire Bond fan community :-). This community in here exists because of it, and I am able to find some focused ideas:

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/17654/geopolitics-in-bond-films-and-the-growing-discord-between-creative-and-commercial-bond-souls#latest

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/13322/realistic-serious-story-ideas-for-bond-25-to-be-used-by-eon-productions-ltd#latest

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/1760/spectre-so-whos-going-to-play-ernst#latest

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/16671/the-kennedys-james-bond#latest

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/10424/from-doctor-no-to-spectre-the-official-bond-movie-poster-topic#latest

And regarding your lovely remarks @TheWizardOfIce , which cynism, irony and total sarcasm Always put a smile on my face.......I think that as well is valuable :-).

I do hope you don't scare easily Bazza ;)

I didn't think I did,but now I'm not so sure !!
  • royale65 wrote: »

Not me. Lucia's character was a bit like a side dish in SP. It does make a bit sense to expand her character. Off course, some fans are starting to show suicidal tendencies when this news is surfacing, which I find ridiculous, but there's some common sense and plain logic to such news. No reason to start thinking about threesomes...

Not me. Lucia's character was a bit like a side dish in SP. It does make a bit sense to expand her character. Off course, some fans are starting to show suicidal tendencies when this news is surfacing, which I find ridiculous, but there's some common sense and plain logic to such news. No reason to start thinking about threesomes...

Lucia I could accept coming back as well Gustav,Madeleine I wouldn't.
  • Why would he pretend to be someone completely unknown to Bond?

He just pretended to be the brilliant, omnipotent and most of all frightening beyond your imagination head of Spectre whose name happens to be Ernst Stavros Blofeld.
    Since Bond had even managed to be at the meeting in Rome there was no reason for him to absolutely believe that he hadn't learned about his (the real Blofeld) name. In my imagination Oberhauser was just in Rome speaking in his name, which is why he is treated so devout.
    And the white cat and face scar is just a coincidence.
    Actually it suddenly makes sense that Bond and Blofeld didn t recognize each other in OHMSS. Donald Pleasence was Franz Oberhauser, and used that same trick. He was just looking after the cat, emptying the litter box and so on while Blofeld was on vacation.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    In my headcanon Donald Pleasence's Blofeld was a decoy for the real one while in DAF Charles Gray's Blofeld was Henderson posing as Blofeld. And since I place OHMSS after YOLT and DAF. OHMSS is where Bond finally meets the real Blofeld.
  • And the white cat and face scar is just a coincidence.

So in this timeline everything is possible except that Blofeld hasn't got this laughable, pretentious scar they only gave Pleasance so he looked a little frightening?
    The cat is of course because he is imitating ... try a guess.
  • Anyway, I am going to watch "The Pink Panther" (1963). Has been a while since I saw that film.
    And the white cat and face scar is just a coincidence.

So in this timeline everything is possible except that Blofeld hasn't got this laughable, pretentious scar they only gave Pleasance so he looked a little frightening?
    The cat is of course because he is imitating ... try a guess.

"By the way, James...this cat proves I really am the guy calling himself Blofeld."

I get it now.

Wouldn't Tanner just randomly pop up with plot exposition.
This discussion has been closed.