Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

Back to square one. This new job I took let me go today. I thought it had been going great, but apparently not.
    I feel like Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Back to square one. This new job I took let me go today. I thought it had been going great, but apparently not.

Sorry to read that, @ToTheRight. Look, these experiences should make you stronger, not more desperate. There is always a good job waiting for us, and we can always learn from former ones. I hope you can find something new very soon! Hang in there, mate! Today sucked, tomorrow provides new chances.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Sorry to read that, @ToTheRight. Look, these experiences should make you stronger, not more desperate. There is always a good job waiting for us, and we can always learn from former ones. I hope you can find something new very soon! Hang in there, mate! Today sucked, tomorrow provides new chances.

Thanks, @DarthDimi. I wasn't expecting this to happen today in the least. Already I'm formulating some back up plans.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City

Sorry to hear this @ToTheRight. Hopefully things will work out in the end.
    Dwayne wrote: »

Thanks, @Dwayne.
  • ToTheRight wrote: »
    Dwayne wrote: »

Thanks, @Dwayne.

If every job had the same salary and was readily available to you, which one would you choose?
    Less serious : the past few days have been hot here. You have probably heard about it, but for those who haven : heat has risen to record levels : 40° C in Brest, where I am right now (last record was 35.2° C in... 1949 !. Thankfully, it's over, but this hasn't helped with the forest fire situation. Even my Britanny wasn't spared from that. Thank heaven we can breath again, because yesterday, we couldn't, and the car I rented was as hot as an oven in a pizza place.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Keep spirits up @ToTheRight ! Usually chances just float by if you're open to them. So forget about this one, and be ready for the nex!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2022 Posts: 13,894
    Sunak or Truss. #-o Meanwhwile, the Government we have right now, is like a deflated balloon.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2022 Posts: 17,809
    Sunak or Truss. #-o Meanwhwile, the Government we have right now, is like a deflated balloon.

I'm glad that Truss leapfrogged Mordaunt in the final ballot of MPs but I suppose we're now left with two leading members of the Johnson government as candidates for prime minister. So the possibly of either being the "change" candidate is somewhat sullied by having been part of Johnson's Cabinet for so long.

Sunak is more popular with the Conservative MPs whereas it seems Truss is more popular with the grassroots party membership and that's where the power to decide the next prime minister ultimately lies now. Of course a week is a long time in politics, let alone six weeks and anything could happen to help one candidate get ahead at the expense of the other. The hustings and media appearances and interviews will be vital in deciding this.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited July 2022 Posts: 2,928
    Apparently, Mordaunt was the most popular with the Conservative membership who'll be voting and Sunak knew he'd lose the final vote against her, so he asked some of his supporters to vote for Truss to ensure that she beat Mordaunt into the last two. I know that some people are impressed by Machiavellian scheming, but I have to say I'm not. It's pretty low, man.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I was hoping that Mordaunt would get it. For all her lack of experience in this regard, at least she isn't sullied by association with Johnson. And she would have been this much touted fresh start for the Conservatives. Of the remaining two, I pray it's Truss. At least she didn't break the law during lockdown. Richie Rishi should not even be allowed to run. If he does get it, and as @Venutius alludes to, and it wouldn't surprise me if he does get the job, then I hope that Labour are able to force a General Election quicker than in 2 years time. It was predicted that these would be the final two, as Truss would make for an easy defeat for Sunak than Mordaunt. And here they are.

Sorry to read this and I agree with @DarthDimi. There's another job round the corner. Better be let go today than later when working in a toxic environment has been taking its toll on you. I'm speaking from experience here. Two years ago, being made redundant was the best thing that happened to me, both personally and professionally.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2022 Posts: 17,809
    Venutius wrote: »
    Apparently, Mordaunt was the most popular with the Conservative membership who'll be voting and Sunak knew he'd lose the final vote against her, so he asked some of his supporters to vote for Truss to ensure that she beat Mordaunt into the last two. I know that some people are impressed by Machiavellian scheming, but I have to say I'm not. It's pretty low, man.

I think I'm right in saying that the same thing happened back in 2019 when Michael Gove made it to the final three but was excluded from the race and Johnson and Jeremy Hunt made it to the final two candidates for PM. I'm not impressed by political skulduggery either but politics is a very dirty game and scheming such as this is their only stock in trade. It is inevitable that as the candidates get narrowed down and the stakes are raised that a certain amount of political horsetrading will go on. Regrettable, but there it is.

The thing I dislike about Sunak is that there is something a bit too slick and artificial about him. He's also tarred with the same brush as Johnson in that he too attended Downing Street parties and was fined for breaking the law. He clearly also had his campaign video prepared well in advance and even his late in the day resignation from Johnson's Cabinet reeked of self-serving opportunism. Truss has less downsides in my opinion and has held an impressive array of important portfolios in the Cabinet making her more experienced than Sunak whose two Government jobs have both been at the Treasury.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Venutius wrote: »

I think I'm right in saying that the same thing happened back in 2019 when Michael Gove made it to the final three but was excluded from the race and Johnson and Jeremy Hunt made it to the final two candidates for PM. I'm not impressed by political skulduggery either but politics is a very dirty game and scheming such as this is their only stock in trade. It is inevitable that as the candidates get narrowed down and the stakes are raised that a certain amount of political horsetrading will go on. Regrettable, but there it is.

The thing I dislike about Sunak is that there is something a bit too slick and artificial about him. He's also tarred with the same brush as Johnson in that he too attended Downing Street parties and was fined for breaking the law. He clearly also had his campaign video prepared well in advance and even his late in the day resignation from Johnson's Cabinet reeked of self-serving opportunism. Truss has less downsides in my opinion and has held an impressive array of important portfolios in the Cabinet making her more experienced than Sunak whose two Government jobs have both been at the Treasury.

You summed up why I don't like him either. Perfectly skewered. About the only thing I can add is the shallow fakeness he gives off. Such as borrowing a car, for a photo op to show Risi Rich filling it up at a petrol station. And yet, he didn't know how to fill it up properly. He probably has a servant to fill his Rolls Royce up for him. The more that he tries to show how normal he is, the more elitist and out of touch he ends up looking.

Hopefully, Sunak gets royally Trussed up when the votes are counted.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What will change? Nothing.
    Right now, there's a guy who post videos on YouTube, with titles that could make the unobservant think that the person he's talking about is deceased. Among others, that Clickbaiter has targeted Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Judi Dench. Is there any way to make YouTube stop him, preferably with extreme prejudice ?
    Gerard wrote: »
    Right now, there's a guy who post videos on YouTube, with titles that could make the unobservant think that the person he's talking about is deceased. Among others, that Clickbaiter has targeted Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Judi Dench. Is there any way to make YouTube stop him, preferably with extreme prejudice ?

Maybe if you can mass report, I don’t know, maybe YouTube will do something.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited July 2022 Posts: 3,391
    Guys, I'm asking for your prayers......

What happening in my country now is bothering.

The news is everywhere.

The incident happened at Ateneo University.

CNN news:
    Three dead in graduation shooting at top Philippines university
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/24/asia/philippines-shooting-ateneo-de-manila-university-intl-hnk/index.html

NBC News:
    Ex-mayor among 3 dead in graduation shooting at Philippines university
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/three-dead-graduation-shooting-philippines-university-rcna39725

abc news:
    Man opens fire on Philippine campus, killing 3 people
    https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/killed-wounded-philippine-university-shooting-87316869

BBC news:
    Philippines shooting: Ex-mayor among three dead
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-62285110
    The suspect a medical doctor. That s terrible.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 3,391
    The suspect a medical doctor. That s terrible.

Yes, it's really bothering. A graduation that should be peaceful and happy became a tragedy.

He should be arrested, he ruined his career for this.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It's as if every major event has its own shooter these days, and I'm not smiling while writing this.
    Oh, thank goodness!

I'm having a hard time entering this site last night, I've tried several times, but cloudflare had been blocking me.

If not for SSL Handshake failed, it would be A Timeout occurred, it's just repeating again and again.

Okay this is the example:

52244307360_4f9d1209da_b.jpg

I've even downloaded Opera Mini, Mozilla Firefox and even some web hosting servers just to enter this site, but none of it works.

I even created an account in Cloudflare, but that didn't helped either.

I thought for a second that the problem was really on this site.

Why is that happening, is there something or someone's blocking me from entering?
    Okay, while currently typing this I'm having a problem, I couldn't post this comment, and this notification keeps appearing:

Duplicate entry '1283837' for key 'PRIMARY'|Gdn_Database|Query|insert `GDN_Comment` (`Body`, `DiscussionID`, `InsertUserID`, `Format`, `DateInserted`, `InsertIPAddress`) values (:Body, :DiscussionID, :InsertUserID, :Format, :DateInserted, :InsertIPAddress)

Guys, what's happening?

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    It happened to me as well. I couldn't post anything for several hours. :((
    Same here.
    And me! Posted my account of my trip to see 'TLD' on the big screen last night just as I got home, had to change the txt this morning!
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Same here. Tried a few times, but got the 'duplicate entry' notification every time.
    So many people exist only to be nasty and mean. At the store I work at, I’m rounding the corner with my cart and have someone that purposefully steps aside that’s coming right at me. After I get where I need to they call me an asshole. They voluntarily let me move first just to suddenly accuse me of being rude and put me down. Like they wanted a reason so they could act cruel. And the best part? Any response other than silence would get me in trouble, because the goddamn customer’s always apparently right. I just wish people wanted to build others up instead of tear them down. And if not that, at least wish I could stop being sad and get used to the world hating me quicker.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    So many people exist only to be nasty and mean. At the store I work at, I’m rounding the corner with my cart and have someone that purposefully steps aside that’s coming right at me. After I get where I need to they call me an asshole. They voluntarily let me move first just to suddenly accuse me of being rude and put me down. Like they wanted a reason so they could act cruel. And the best part? Any response other than silence would get me in trouble, because the goddamn customer’s always apparently right. I just wish people wanted to build others up instead of tear them down. And if not that, at least wish I could stop being sad and get used to the world hating me quicker.

The person probably didn t have time to think things over, and reacted in a polite way by mistake, by pure instinct. After thinking it over, that civil behaviour must have been a huge regret, tearing at the person s conscience.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    FoxRox wrote: »

The way behave to others is usually a reflection of what we think of ourselves. Hence, saidd person had a shitty day and inadvertently communicated that to the nearest person. It has nothing to do with you at all.
    The world therefore doesn't hate you, most people hate something of their own. So don't be sad, it wasn't you this person was calling a donkey. Just recp for yourself: is there anything I wouldn't have liked of my behaviour if I were the other person? If not, it's got nothing to do with you (selfreflection is imperative but seldom around).
    Go out tonight and offer yourself a drink/gift. Smile at a person you pass by and see what happens. (don't do this in LA, in my experience nothing can safe those people).