So if Blofeld returns for Bond #25? How should we bring him back effectively?

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    patb wrote: »
    Trouble is, and now I'm arguing against myself, they tried to put Swann on a higher level. Bond can't just slap her on the bottom and say "say goodbye to Felix" (that would be fun). The SP script implied a much deeper relationship and, therefore, if they dont want to undermine that, they need a more dramatic end to that relationship. If not, then why go to the effort of trying to make her more special. If Bond does not care, then why should we care? And if we dont care, then whats the point of trying to build the character up. Its all very strange.

Its a lose/lose scenario.

You nailed it, that's the problem. SPECTRE was meant to set Blofeld as the ultimate villain and Madeleine as Bond's new great love, but it failed to do both and now you can't just forget them (what would the point be in bringing Craig back if you're going to have a clean slate?), but even if you bring them back we don't care about either of them.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    RE Bond and Madeleine: look no further than Bond and Tiffany Case and her mention at the beginning of FRWL to see how to do it properly. When in doubt always go back to Fleming.

I couldn't agree more...good point.

I don't understand why some people think she MUST die or MUST be ignored completely. For one we can have a insight of what happens to the Bond girl after credit rolls and why Bond remains single so why not go that route?
  • GamesBond007GamesBond007 Golden Grotto
    RE Bond and Madeleine: look no further than Bond and Tiffany Case and her mention at the beginning of FRWL to see how to do it properly. When in doubt always go back to Fleming.

I don't understand why some people think she MUST die or MUST be ignored completely. For one we can have a insight of what happens to the Bond girl after credit rolls and why Bond remains single so why not go that route?

As I said in my previous post, it would be great to see Bond make that decision to leave the girl behind. We never get to experience the moment when he realises his duty puts these women in danger and walks away because of it. Use the end of the Bond novel SOLO within the film.

Given the setup in Spectre I think we have the perfect opportunity to shed some light on this for once.

• Ludovico wrote: »

As I said in my previous post, it would be great to see Bond make that decision to leave the girl behind. We never get to experience the moment when he realises his duty puts these women in danger and walks away because of it. Use the end of the Bond novel SOLO within the film.

Given the setup in Spectre I think we have the perfect opportunity to shed some light on this for once.

Boredom, arguing, breaking up. All I ever wanted from a Bond film. The ideas and wishes of some of you never cease to baffle me.
  • GamesBond007GamesBond007 Golden Grotto

Boredom, arguing, breaking up. All I ever wanted from a Bond film. The ideas and wishes of some of you never cease to baffle me.

Wasn't exactly alluding to an angsty high school breakup but hey, if you want to interpret it that way.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Drop Blofeld down a chimney

Have you read FRWL?
  • Ludovico wrote: »

Have you read FRWL?

Yes I have. Bond gets ditched by Tiffany, tells M about it and not even one page later ... voila. 007 back on mission.

Have you read FRWL?

Yes I have. Bond gets ditched by Tiffany, tells M about it and not even one page later ... voila. 007 back on mission.

So that's the way to do it.
  • zerozerozerozero The far far east
    I'd put money on some kind of Blofeld jail-break scene, possibly in the PTS.
    Please God, we are spared any "back-story" with Blofeld working out in the prison yard, hangin' with his homies, or eating prison slop.
    zerozero wrote: »
    Please God, we are spared any "back-story" with Blofeld working out in the prison yard, hangin' with his homies, or eating prison slop.

I'd think such prisoner would be completely isolated from the others and heavily guarded. Heck, for safety reason I would keep Blofeld in a prison all by himself!
  • zerozerozerozero The far far east
    I'd think such prisoner would be completely isolated from the others and heavily guarded. Heck, for safety reason I would keep Blofeld in a prison all by himself!

...segue to totally derivative X-Men knock-off.

"Bond? M here. Blofeld has escaped from Blofeld Prison."

...segue to totally derivative X-Men knock-off.

Not really it's merely a common trope. And it happens in real life too, at least to a degree.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Rudolf Hess had his own prison.
    Rudolf Hess had his own prison.

And right off the bat I can think of Maurice "Mom" Boucher in Quebec who was completely isolated before his trial for the murder of two prison guards. He was isolated in the aisle of a women's jail with no contact to any prisoner. His spouse and his lawyer could visit him but that's it. If they did this for a common mobster I can easily see the Brits doing this to an international terrorist who had infiltrated the British government.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited October 2017 Posts: 1,165
    "How dare they treat I, Ernest Stavro Blofeld, the greatest criminal mastermind of the 21st century, as a common crook!"
    Sneak peek of Bond 25:

Milovy wrote: »
    Sneak peek of Bond 25:

My God.
    Even Jailbreaking Blofeld would be ripping off Austin Powers XD.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Would it be copying from AP? Or take inspiration from Lecter’s escape in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS? As Bond says, “it’s all a matter of perspective “...
    SOTL references were there in SF
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The funny thing is, Even if their was a case against Blofeld, it would probably get thrown out due to lack of evidence and mucking up from M and Bond. I mean C's dead and can't give any information. MI6 is gone so any evidence there is gone, Blofeld's desert facility is gone. Aside from possibly some info on Q's laptop which would most likely be inadmissible, Blofeld probably won't be in jail long. Bond and Madeline are gone so there goes the star witnesses. It would just be another mess for Clair Dowar to get involved in. :))
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 4,599
    One of the key points of the licence to kill (as with Dredd and, to some extent, Dirty Harry ) was the ability for our hero (and the audience) to administer instant justice.

Most people respect the rule of law, innocent til proved guilty, rules of evidence etc, but it's just human nature to want instant, clean justice with no loose ends (even better to be sanctioned by the country you are paid to protect). Surely, thats why the licence system exists?

To leave Blofeld to go down the criminal justice procedure (I want a phone call, fill in this form to apply for legal aid etc etc) is as un-Bond like as anything IMHO
    patb wrote: »
    To leave Blofeld to go down the criminal justice procedure (I want a phone call, fill in this form to apply for legal aid etc etc) is as un-Bond like as anything IMHO
    Completely agreed @patb.
    Maybe have Blofeld already out of their custody and hiding somewhere in the world. I could picture a scene where M briefly mentions it.
    M: "Ever since Blofeld escaped, all possible links to Spectre have evaporated."
    Leave it up to the imagination as to how he escaped?
    M: "If only you had killed him when you had a chance! Now thanks to you, we're in this bloody mess and the 00 section is under review again. Until you sort out this Blofeld nonsense, you are suspended. Now go to Q branch to steal some gadgets."
    peter wrote: »
    Would it be copying from AP? Or take inspiration from Lecter’s escape in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS? As Bond says, “it’s all a matter of perspective “...

So now you guys are arguing with each other whose movies they are ripping off? Tell me - which would be less shameful? Is it really that extreme to ask for a bit of originality?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @noSolaceleft, no one was arguing, and; it’s called inspired by. Yes, I’d like to see a Blofeld that’s inspired by a SOTL’esque eeriness.

Don’t take things so literally. Films, filmmaking, scriptwriting— you look for inspiration in other stories in other films. Then you put your own unique spin on it.

You should try it some time, maybe it’ll lighten your mood and take the edge off your usual misguided indignation!
    peter wrote: »
    @noSolaceleft, no one was arguing, and; it’s called inspired by. Yes, I’d like to see a Blofeld that’s inspired by a SOTL’esque eeriness.

Don’t take things so literally. Films, filmmaking, scriptwriting— you look for inspiration in other stories in other films. Then you put your own unique spin on it.

You should try it some time, maybe it’ll lighten your mood and take the edge off your usual misguided indignation!

The achievement of excellence never ever has been reached by people thinking "well, whom could I take for inspiration ( meaning whom to imitate )this time?"
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @noSolaceleft, taking/stealing is not the same as being inspired by. You're not grasping a very simple concept.