The MI6 Community Film Club For Cinephiles [On Hold]

Comments

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    What happens to those listed as (Not making a selection)?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What happens to those listed as (Not making a selection)?

Whenever they tell me their choice I'll update the list accordingly. But as stated, they need to inform me within at least a month before their turn to be fair to the others who need to find the film. If I don't get a response they'll be shuffled until I do.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Sounds good, are we starting this monday?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sounds good, are we starting this monday?

That's the plan, yes.
    Here's my choice:

His Kind of Woman (1951) Dir. John Farrow

Sorry I'm so late on this: it's been quite a week.
    Are we going to discuss the movies in advance or "go in cold"?
    patb wrote: »
    Are we going to discuss the movies in advance or "go in cold"?

The member who selected the film can present an opening post to introduce the film to everyone (no spoilers, just their history with it and why they chose it, etc) and then during the first week where everyone is to watch it we can all post our early impressions of it in a few general posts. Then, the second week is all spoiler-filled discussion and we can really get into the film in broad strokes.
    Sounds great
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,024

Cool I have Memento special edition with the option to watch the film in scene chronological order

I wouldn't recommend it.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Sorry for my late choice @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I had some trouble picking one.

My choice is 13 Assassins (2011).
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Is it time to start?
    Yes, I wonder the same @JamesBondKenya.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just watch Memento some time during the week. I plan on seeing it in the weekend. Maybe sooner.
  • Where were we again?

I don't feel drunk...
    Has Brady gone somewhere?
    I'm still here...

You just watch the movie sometime before next Monday, post some impressions without spoilers, then on Monday we begin spoiler talk. Nothing more to it. I'll wait later in the week on principle, to keep the film fresh for the next week.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll likely do the same and wait until the last moment so it's as fresh as possible when it's time to discuss.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'll likely do the same and wait until the last moment so it's as fresh as possible when it's time to discuss.

Thats very wise when it comes to Memento!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mathis1 wrote: »

That it is! Hell, that one might demand a second viewing.
    I'm still here...

You just watch the movie sometime before next Monday, post some impressions without spoilers, then on Monday we begin spoiler talk. Nothing more to it. I'll wait later in the week on principle, to keep the film fresh for the next week.

And next week, while discussing Memento, should we watch the next film on the list?
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Sounds reasonable, otherwise we'll be losing too much time I suppose?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 28,694
    I'm still here...

And next week, while discussing Memento, should we watch the next film on the list?

After the discussion of Memento, the plan was for the same one week grace period to be present for the next film so that people would have the same time to watch it as the last.

We would have to figure out if people here would be willing to treat each spoiler discussion week as a week to also watch the next movie in preparation for the spoiler talk on that one in the next week after. I know for some that may be too soon, or feel weird. I'm open to suggestions on that though, as the obvious benefit would be saving a lot of weeks of waiting in the future. In the same token, however, it could also get messy as we would be expecting people to talk about one film and watch another at the same time, and give them only one week to do so every time.

Maybe we should see how the pace of this goes in the first few weeks, then see if a change is needed?
    You re the boss. Either way is fine by me.
    You re the boss. Either way is fine by me.

Oh, heavens. I hate that word. Or rather, being called it. ;)
    Film Club Chieftain, then.
    Film Club Chieftain, then.

I think we can leave it up to a vote, and see what others are thinking. The whole idea of this is that it molds to the majority, and not what I want.
  • There's no real reason why people can't be seeking out and watching the next film while discussing the last one, right? Especially since people know what films are coming up at least a month in advance. It would cut the total time in half. Literally.
    I think most will watch during the weekend anyway.
    Like I said, we'll wait and see what others think. Part of the issue so far has been a minority jumping to vote while the majority have yet to speak. It's not as if we're short on time; everything will work itself out.
    Mathis1 wrote: »

That it is! Hell, that one might demand a second viewing.

No need to watch it twice. If you think you might forget anything just write it down.