The MI6 Community Religion and Faith Discussion Space (for members of all faiths - and none!)

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    These folks are actively propagating the idea that our universe and all of us have been created by an all powerful and all knowing cosmic wizard who has pre-destined our lives on our way to a glorious cloud-laden "heaven."

Finally somebody recognises my greatness.

To be fair if I'd created the universe I wouldn't have made the fundamental design error of putting bollocks on the outside rather than encased behind bone like other organs. That's what happens when you try to knock out a job so big in seven days. Perhaps if He'd took a bit more time and effort to design bollocks and just not bothered with say wasps, Findus crispy pancakes or Belgium He might not have made such a pig's ear if it.

That said if any of my deranged worshippers want to strap a bomb to themselves and go to Rory Kinnear's house and blow themselves up I guarantee 72 virgins will be waiting.*

*That's a joke by the way I'm not actually inciting anyone to go and kill poor old Rory (thought I'd better make that clear as we are dealing with the religious here and reason and logic don't feature prominently on their CVs).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @TheWizardOfIce, God should've created other less powerful gods to help him create the universe and humanity, to avoid further mistakes or bad designs in the final products. Maybe that's where Buddha and Allah are from, not competing gods to his power but his special little helpers, like Santa and his workshop of elves? Wow, I think I've cracked the code!

Even with three gods they didn't do a very good job of it, though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just skimmed through that, but on my way to Kinnear. WIZARD AKBAR
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2017 Posts: 28,694

Oh crap. I hope someone has London Metro on speed-dial!

Look what you've done now, @TheWizardOfIce!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 9,117

Good lad.

Hope you remembered to leave all your assets and property to me in your will? Did I forget to mention that? It's a dealbreaker if you want those virgins.

We've all got to start somewhere mate. Just one follower at the moment but give me 2000 years and Wizlam will be massive.

We've all got to start somewhere mate. Just one follower at the moment but give me 2000 years and Wizlam will be massive.[/quote]

@TheWizardOfIce, well I guess the next step for you is to rent some office space and hire some interns to write your religious text from which your followers can study and live according to for the next few hundred years.

I'd keep your title as "The Wizard of Ice" as it has a sort of magical occult feeling to it and part of making someone follow your religion is in terrifying them of the alternative if they don't do as you proclaim in your "bible." God and Satan already have the heaven and hell idea wrapped up, so for your place of punishment you could have a sub-zero ice pit that would basically be like the equivalent of a hell. Except in this case instead of burning alive for eternity your heathen non-believers would be perpetually freezing alive and feel like they have pneumonia and a deep headache for all of their time there. I'll leave up the heaven equivalent to you, but I'm sure there will be a no clothes dress code for all the women and swimming pools filled to the brim with every kind of alcohol imaginable.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @DarthDimi - People thinking for themselves? I don't think there are enough Darwin Awards for that. People need to be told which end of the knife to cut with.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2017 Posts: 17,816
    @TheWizardOfIce is a False Prophet. Please do not send him your life savings!

Oh, and his religious text is already written - Never Send Flowers is its title!
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    @TheWizardOfIce is a False Prophet. Please do not send him your life savings!

He may be a False Prophet, but if he set up churches for himself he wouldn't be such a donkey's rear to not pay taxes on the properties like your representatives of the faith.

But what's a True Prophet anyway, considering all these "gods" are man-made?
    But what's a True Prophet anyway, considering all these "gods" are man-made?

Indeed. I thought you were an advocate of freedom of religion Draggers? @Thunderfinger has the right to believe in whatever garbage he wants and if he thinks killing Rory Kinnear will grant him eternal paradise who are any of us to ridicule or criticise him?

It just so happens that in this matter he is right and you are wrong so needless to say he will have the last laugh.

There's a more serious point here: does one man's delusional belief have the same right as the delusional belief of millions? In theory it does but I can't help feeling the law would not leap to defend @Thunderfinger writing to the Beeb to complain about a programme starring Rory Kinnear as it would a load of Muslims whining about a programme depicting images of Muhammed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I can t find the infidel Kinnear s house. I need help from some brotheres.
    I can t find the infidel Kinnear s house. I need help from some brotheres.

And this is why Bond stopping Nine Eyes was so important. Knowing where everyone is at every second can be dangerous if that power is placed in the wrong hands. Like yours, basically.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited October 2017 Posts: 3,985

A 'conservative' Muslim endorses stoning to death for adultery.

Terrifying that she's so matter of fact about it...she finds adultery 'disgusting' but stoning someone to death is apparently perfectly reasonable...

Terrifying that she's so matter of fact about it...she finds adultery 'disgusting' but stoning someone to death is apparently perfectly reasonable...

If that was the BNP or EDL saying perfectly innocent people who have committed no crime should be executed the police would get involved. Has this woman been arrested for inciting violence? Of course not because its religion so the authorities turn a blind eye.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

If that was the BNP or EDL saying perfectly innocent people who have committed no crime should be executed the police would get involved. Has this woman been arrested for inciting violence? Of course not because its religion so the authorities turn a blind eye.

The sad truth of it.
    Regarding Kinnear, I'm not against him as an actor but I understand some people here dislike him and are offended by him. So surely out of respect for these people whoever employs him should apologize. So should fellow actors. Surely casting him in anything is pure provocation for some and thus completely uncalled for. And for those saying Kinnear has the right to make a living and people to watch him or not, well, you are so rude and insensitive and disrespectful. I daresay this is pure intolerance. But I have nothing against Kinnear, no siree no.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Regarding Kinnear, I'm not against him as an actor but I understand some people here dislike him and are offended by him. So surely out of respect for these people whoever employs him should apologize. So should fellow actors. Surely casting him in anything is pure provocation for some and thus completely uncalled for. And for those saying Kinnear has the right to make a living and people to watch him or not, well, you are so rude and insensitive and disrespectful. I daresay this is pure intolerance. But I have nothing against Kinnear, no siree no.

I don't hate the actor, I hate the performance.

And for this he must apologize. Because you have a right to be offended and have your feelings respected.

And for this he must apologize. Because you have a right to be offended and have your feelings respected.

But what if being an actor wasn't Rory's choice? What if he was born that way? Can we show prejudice for him simply being who he is?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I think this thread's getting a little bit silly now, isn't it?

I don't think so. We're taking the piss now, but overall when the ratio of atheists to theists rises, things usually get less silly as the former aren't big supporters of fairy tales and inject some rationality into the proceedings. ;)

So it's ok for the religious to be offended at cartoons of the prophet or of Jesus shagging Mary Magdalene (remember all the furore of Scorcese's film? Seems quite quaint now) but it's silly if I'm offended by images of Kinnear being shown by the nation's broadcaster?

Who decides what it is silly to be offended by and what is perfectly acceptable?

Personally I think being offended by cartoons of a bloke with a beard is silly but most of the UK seems to disagree seeing during the Danish cartoon controversy no one had the bottle to reprint them.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 14,840
    Let's be very careful here: although most people would not be violent because Rory Kinnear plays whoever on TV or in cinema, some might. And, while I am against violence, completely against violence mind you, I insist, well, it is useless to be provocative for the sake of it and people have a right to be against Kinnear's acting. So to be respectful of all, let's ask him to apologize and let's avoid having him play in anything, or mention him in any way anywhere. I also suggest that his scenes are cut from every movie and TV programs he played in. Just ignore the guy ok? So we are careful and respectful. Not that I condone violence, mind you. I am so against violence. But it is about respect.

And yes @Dragonpol what I wrote is utterly ridiculous, but not more than the fundamentalist argument for censorship of opinion, whether it is from an Islamist or Christian Voice.
    Very true @Ludovico. Wizlam is a religion of peace. We merely strive for Britain to be turned into a Kinnear free caliphate.

Anyone advocating violence against Rory does not represent the peace loving majority of Wizlamists (I distance myself from the radical sect of @Thunderfingerism) but at the same time we demand that our beliefs be respected and will burn down the offices of any film or TV company who hires him.

Christians don't like letting African villagers prevent HIV by wearing condoms or priests being held to account for raping children and we don't like films or TV programmes featuring Rory but bizarrely we live in a world where the former is respected and the latter ridiculed.
    Christians don't like letting African villagers prevent HIV by wearing condoms or priests being held to account for raping children

Somehow this part never felt like anything religious but far more like genocide covered by the guise of religion. After all it happens in Africa where the white man has had little to say politically but economical is another question.

SaintMark wrote: »
    Christians don't like letting African villagers prevent HIV by wearing condoms or priests being held to account for raping children

Somehow this part never felt like anything religious but far more like genocide covered by the guise of religion. After all it happens in Africa where the white man has had little to say politically but economical is another question.

You are giving faith a huge cop out. It has everything to do with religion. I don't think you can consider it genocide, certainly not if by that you mean ethnic cleansing: there are plenty of African Catholic priests and Africa might be one of the few places in the world where Catholicism can still thrive. It is pure, irresponsible, ignorant, superstitious madness. Religious madness. And let's not forget that the Catholic Church is against contraceptives everywhere in the world. I remember my grandmother telling us that a priest refused to give her absolution when she told him in confession that she was trying not to get pregnant using the so tame and unreliable calendar method. After having six children.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    I also suggest that his scenes are cut from every movie and TV programs he played in. Just ignore the guy ok? So we are careful and respectful. Not that I condone violence, mind you. I am so against violence. But it is about respect.

Okay, I'll play along.

Now you're trying to deny the historical fact of Kinnearvatism. Kinnearvatists the world over will never stand for this offensive disrespect to our sacred history. We insist that our monuments to Roryvation must stand forever and if that offends you well that's just too bad. Snowflake.
    I think I've exhausted the Kinnear analogy. To get back on topic I just hope he never gets targeted by Christian Voices. Because they have succeeded in the past to censor artists.
    I for one would pay handsomely just to see Rory's reaction to what has been said about him this week, and the religions that have been created in defense and in retort to his artistry.
    Back on topic, I mean more directly on topic, people should take a (worried) look at Christian Voice and its leader Stephen Green. Islamists are not the only danger the West faces and Christian Voice is downright fascistic. A clear example of how dangerous and destructive religion can be.
This discussion has been closed.