Sir Roger Moore (1927 - 2017)

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Can I just say (now I've had a drink) what a solace it is to have this community to be sad with, so none of us has to be sad alone?
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Can I just say (now I've had a drink) what a solace it is to have this community to be sad with, so none of us has to be sad alone?

It is so much better to have the community to go through this together.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Just got home from work going to have a drink and raise a toast to the great man, pop one of his films on there will only ever be one Roger Moore.

The Spy Who Loved me because Nobody does it better
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.

Aye, it is a comfort. Though I haven't had the courage to watch one of Sir Roger's films yet.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Roger Moore was special. As a kid, I wanted to be him.

I just read that his burial place will be in Monaco.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    watching TSWLM at the moment, amazing to think I first watched it
    40 years ago..... Nobody does it better. I've also raised a glass in memory
    of Dear old Roger.
  • IGotTheMessageIGotTheMessage United States
    I was really sad to hear this today. He had a great career and seemed to be a very kind and genuine person. I wish his family the best.
    I smiled when the title song for TSWLM played you never forget your childhood heroes and memorys, The Saint, The Persuaders and Bond I watched them countless times as a kid it ingrains into you. It's a sad loss as you feel like part of you has died, though I am philosophical about death those memorys are eternal and Rogers passing allows us to revisit his and our own lives and celebrate those memorys.
  • GumboldGumbold Atlantis
    I don't know if this has been posted, but here's a wonderful story I found on twitter.

Vijay from Octopussy even commented on it.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 503
    Great Twitter stories about Sir Roger, brought a tear to my eye. He must have felt like a sort of Santa Claus when he was around kids who recognized him.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited May 2017 Posts: 45,489
    The whole planet has taken this with a heavy heart.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    mrs.jpg

RCR0003h.jpg

Great photos
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    This song has been echoing in my head all day. TSWLM calling. It will go in the player shortly, with a raised glass to Sir. Rog. It will be bittersweet, but I know it will be even more enjoyable than it ever was, because now it will forevermore be a lasting tribute to his legacy.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 13,384
    Support.jpg

11db84852846d105850a2432341ee706.jpg

articles105-692.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Support.jpg

11db84852846d105850a2432341ee706.jpg

articles105-692.jpg

What a polite man. He even makes himself look shorter next to D.C.
    You just can't learn that attitude.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 12,256
    Even though Moore's passing was very sad, seeing all these posts celebrating his legacy has really brightened my day. The best we can do now is celebrate the life he had and what he gave us.
    jake24 wrote: »
    This interview is a must for every Moore fan:

Thanks so much @jake24 ...that was a lovely memory of the great man.

• peterpeter Toronto
    To all:

I should be working on a project, and, instead, I watched the Pierce Morgan interview someone had posted (thank you!); been scrolling through google images of our man, and; to hell with work (and the Pens hockey game), it's time to watch Moore as 007 once more (pun, sadly intended).

Just heart-broken (he wasn't my favorite 007, but he was one I can and I do admire for bringing out the charm, and unmatched personality... one of a kind)...

Totally right...I still have a few more bourbons to go...

• edited May 2017 Posts: 503
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here are the various reactions to his death from other Bond actors:

Connery:
    I was very sad to hear of Roger’s passing. We had an unusually long relationship by Hollywood standards that was filled with jokes and laughter, I will miss him.

Lazenby:
    [Roger was] a genuine fellow, a really good guy.

Brosnan:
    Dear Sir Roger Moore, It is indeed with a heavy heart that I hear the news of your passing this morning. You were a big part of my life, from The Saint to James Bond.. .you were a magnificent James Bond and one that lead the way for me, the world will miss you and your unique sense of humor for years to come. My sincerest condolences to your family and children. RIP

Craig:
    Nobody Does It Better - love Daniel

(SOURCE)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    @Bond I gathered a few statements on the first post.
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    edited May 2017 Posts: 153
    Had more than a few drinks but I haven't been able to watch any of his DVDs. I don't want to go to bed tonight. Because that will feel like signing off on this.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Flowers have been placed on his star:

flowers-placed-on-the-hollywood-walk-of-fame-star-of-roger-moore-on-picture-id687420906?s=594x594
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2017 Posts: 23,883
    You're among greats now Sir Rog. Immortalized forever.

sC0WeFz.jpg
    pEn8aGw.jpg
    2HtWTAD.jpg
    POw7IJm.jpg
    IHIHWYy.jpg
    uUcV2J9.jpg
    21pR4XN.jpg
    HIebkVS.jpg
    OWAhGBQ.jpg

Grant, Stewart, Sinatra, Peck, Moore
    aim9shO.jpg
    product_detail_011301206329.jpg

Not forgetting the great Lee Marvin
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Roger was the last surviving person from this still:

A-View-to-a-Kill-James-Bond-Lois-Maxwell-Roger-Moore-Desmond-Llewelyn-Patrick-Macnee-Robert-Brown.png
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 4,622
    Moore was the last of his old on-screen Bond gang - the last living link with his old Mi6 group.
    Also gone of course, are Bernard Lee, Desmond Llewellyn​, Lois Maxwell, and later stalwarts of the Rog era, Robert Brown and Geoffrey Keen.
    I'll include Patrick MacNee with this group, even though he only did the one film.
    But MacNee was in that famous shot from AVTAK which featured the group of Mi6 vets adorned in their hats and raceday finery; Brown, Llewellyn, Maxwell, MacNee and Moore.
    Edit. Just noticed now the still is loaded above!
    Bravo!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I know it's been said, but in the face of this sad news with the passing of Sir Rog, it's so nice to see the forums response to the loss of the great man.
    Whether you were a fan of his Bond or not, I don't think anyone of us would dispute his contribution, and his work as an ambassador to the series. In times of sorrow, I'm so glad to see that we can all rally together as one. As Bond fans. I'm sure Sir Rog would approve.
This discussion has been closed.