Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    :)

This has triggered me to share my collection of Sir Roger Moore books:

- 007 Diaries
    - À Bientôt…
    - Bond on Bond (book + audio book)
    - Last Man Standing
    - My Word is My Bond (book + audio book)

I've yet to read Last Man Standing and 007 Diaries.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Don't forget to use the Roger Moore appreciation thread set up for chatting about the great man
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/3288/the-roger-moore-appreciation-thread-discuss-his-life-his-career-his-bond-films#latest

This thread was for tributes following his death.

Yes, I'm being petty, but I've got to justify my extortionate salary for modding these forums.
    I have carried on the book talk in the applicable thread,as per Nackers request,peeps.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I've loved and enjoyed The 007 Diaries. It is really exhaustive as an almost day-per-day account of LALD's filming. Full of anecdotes, stories and good humor... a must-have without a doubt.

Just one thing. Why do you think Roger did NOT mention his visit to Goldeneye? Filming in Jamaica in December'72 he wrote about every day in the island... but no mention to this??

G7KF6Ys.jpg

In Parker's book about Goldeneye he quoted Moore about the visit, but through a personal email, no mention in any of Roger's books. Did he forget??
    I doubt he forgot ,but as to why ,i cant give an answer...good question...anyone ?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Maybe he thought it wasn t relevant to what he was writing about?
    But in later years (and i met and chatted with the great man twice ..idiot Baz,you could have asked him) he could have mentioned it.
    Any other Bonds who visited Goldeneye?
    It might have been relevant in his later books due to the film etc,but we will never know..and as Thundy says,its not really concrete to include it in what what Sir Roger was writing.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Any other Bonds who visited Goldeneye?

I don't know if Connery was invited in 1962. But this one was there:

ramsey_brosnan_tree1.jpg
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It might have been relevant in his later books due to the film etc,but we will never know..and as Thundy says,its not really concrete to include it in what what Sir Roger was writing.

Yes, it could be relevant or not, but he wrote about all kind of things: visits from friends, what his kids did, a dull concert...
    I know Brosnan bought his typewriter. Was that in Jamaica?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I thought that Pierce Brosnan had visited Goldeneye at some point. Not sure about the others.

Pierce Brosnan bought Fleming's golden typewriter at auction somewhere but it was not revealed until years later that it was him who had bought it.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I thought that Pierce Brosnan had visited Goldeneye at some point. Not sure about the others.

Pierce Brosnan bought Fleming's golden typewriter at auction somewhere but it was not revealed until years later that it was him who had bought it.

Pierce Brosnan can write the next Bond book, then.

You wouldn't read it, if he did, though. ;)

It would be the 8th novel, coming after DN, FRWL, GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS and DAF. Anyone remember that dumb comment?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

"Too close for comfort"
    Pierce Brosnan writing as Ian Fleming

It would be the 8th novel, coming after DN, FRWL, GF, TB, YOLT, OHMSS and DAF. Anyone remember that dumb comment?

Who said that? Brosnan?

Who said that? Brosnan?

Oh yes, Fleming wrote those seven books, as far as he could tell.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,804

Who said that? Brosnan?

Craig doesn't seem all that hot on the literary Bond either, at least in interviews.

Who said that? Brosnan?

Craig doesn't seem all that hot on the literary Bond either, at least in interviews.

Not Fleming, that is. Horowitz seems more to his liking.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

A minute from the end, "There was only seven books"

With that, best continue this in Roger's or Pierce's threads.

This thread has had its use, so time to lock it.
This discussion has been closed.