Sir Roger Moore (1927 - 2017)

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    So sad. The passing of my personal hero, Sir Roger Moore at 89 years. Although a Fleming purist at heart, I have always loved him and his Bond films. Of course it would've been nice had he lived to 90, but I take great comfort in the knowledge that he had a full long life, well lived. Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends and fans around the world at this difficult time for them.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    RIP Sir Roger Moore. You'll forever be in my heart and memories, and thank you for all these wonderful hours of entertainment you gave us in your Bond films.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    My tribute to the great man tonight is re-watching the excellent BluRay transfer of The Man Who Haunted Himself. Sir Roger was always very proud of his performance in that film, and I've always loved it. I'll save LALD, TSWLM and FYEO - back to back viewing - my fav Roger Moore Bonds, for this weekend.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    My tribute to the great man tonight is re-watching the excellent BluRay transfer of The Man Who Haunted Himself. Sir Roger was always very proud of his performance in that film, and I've always loved it. I'll save LALD, TSWLM and FYEO - back to back viewing - my fav Roger Moore Bonds, for this weekend.

Yes, those buffoons who say that Sir Roger Moore can't act should watch that film! Perhaps his best ever performance?
  • ThunderballsThunderballs Brighton, UK
    RIP Sir Rog. You will always be a fantastic Bond.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    RIP Sir Roger.
    He had such an accomplished life: not only was he the Bond with the longest tenure but he saved the franchise, he had a rewarding TV career before and was to The Saint what Sean Connery was to Bond (and never had a true successor for that role), was a UNiCEF ambassador, role he took very seriously, he also was great in lesser known works (North Sea Hijack is my favourite)... He was a true polymath. Oh and he spoke a very good French.
    No! Oh my God this is devastating news, was it even public that he had cancer? Very saddened today by the loss of one of the nicest most humble and genuine men ever.
    Utterly heartbroken... The best Bond EVER!
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited May 2017 Posts: 1,400
    BTW, how is it this story isn't on the front page of this website? This was the first site I went to when I heard, and......nothing.
    =bg= wrote: »
    BTW, how is it this story isn't on the front page of this website? This was the first site I went to when I heard, and......nothing.

They're probably writing it up now. I think I will write a tribute for my blog that will look at a few unusual things re Sir Roger and Bond.
    Have seen Sir Roger Moore as James Bond so many times since my childhood, once on the big screen (The Spy Who Loved Me) as the only viewer and never thought that such a sad day would come. RIP Sir Roger.
    Don't know what to say.
    Just heard it on the radio. Horrible news. The world has lost a wonderful, talented man. The first Bond actor to have left us. Rest In Peace, Roger Moore.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    For some reason, the official Bond website/social media accounts have yet to acknowledge this.
    Bond wrote: »
    No! Oh my God this is devastating news, was it even public that he had cancer? Very saddened today by the loss of one of the nicest most humble and genuine men ever.

I understand it was short. Getting cancer at such age I expect it would be short. Which is preferable in a way to a long and dehumanizing agony.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've seen all the social media accounts acknowledge it. I'm sure they're taking their time writing up a lengthy, kind tribute to him.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Sad news. He always came across as the perfect gentleman with a brilliant sense of humour.

Well said. This pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. RIP to a truely great British Icon and Ambassador for our great nation.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Good-bye, Roger. Maybe you'll meet another good friend where you are going...

GW510H360
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've seen all the social media accounts acknowledge it. I'm sure they're taking their time writing up a lengthy, kind tribute to him.

The Bond social media pages? Last thing on there AFAIK is the Scaramanga video.
    This just doesn't seem real. I had thought about how it would be if a Bond actor passed but didn't think it would happen. Roger seemed timeless.

As much as we like the actors, Roger was no doubt the best ambassador the series has had, so this makes the loss that much more personal, at least for me. Sad I never got to meet him.

Thanks for the great work and being who you were.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

The Bond social media pages? Last thing on there AFAIK is the Scaramanga video.

I've seen three separate James Bond fan pages share something about him. It's not like nothing has been posted out of a lack of respect.
    Yes, good tributes take time. I'm sure Sir Roger would have been the first to be gracious and allow them a little time to collect their thoughts.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Words fail me right now. I wasn't ready to say goodbye yet. We've lost a great human being. RIP Sir Roger Moore.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Horrible news. I'm devastated.

Rest in peace Sir Rog.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    As a James Bond addicted fan I can't let this sad day do a blank pass. Sir Roger Moore was the first Pos-Brosnan Bond I've seen in the franchise, and his charisma and heroism as the world's greatest secret agent made it possible for Bond to work his way until nowadays, showing that the character doesn't needs the same actor to move along. Moore's shown his best, his greatest and his goldest while acting as 007. It's sad to know that he's the first of the actors to pass away, but it's also remarkable all of his work to enhance and dignify one of the biggest cinema characters in the world. As a fan of his work, here is my very simple homage onto him. Rest In Peace, sir Roger Moore. You will always be The Spy Who We Loved.

18580473_132393930648144_7613153596032417792_n.jpg
    RIP Sir Roger, my favourite Bond. Prayers go out to his family.
  • EndCredit007EndCredit007 EGYPT
    farewell the only James Bond who shot in my country Egypt 19.7.7

007 roles : 7
    Born : 192.7
    Died : 201.7
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I always had the hopes of seeing him live somewhere, as he was the truest of gentleman, the kindest, giving person in the public eye. "Do you do all the stuntwork yourself? '' 'Yes, I do. I also do all the lying myself'.

A living legend has come to pass. I'm heartbroken. Rest in piece Sir Roger. May your kind spirit live on.
This discussion has been closed.