CLOSED

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2018 Posts: 12,459
  • Anybody else ready for a rousing chant of "Lock Them Up! Lock Them Up!" that should last for at least 15 minutes while the balloons and confetti fall?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

I saw a meme: For a witch hunt, they're finding a lot of witches...
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    jobo wrote: »
    "The fact of the matter"??

The fact is that the full extent of the collusion is for the moment in time known to the investigators only. Only when the results are made official will we know the facts of the matter!

And do you seriously suggest that the hacked revelations, published daily with the purpose of ruining Hillary's campaign, had absolutely no effect at all om the outcome of the election? Come on!

You mean the hacked revelations that told us the DNC had rigged the nomination process against Sanders, and that Donna Brazile was feeding debate questions to Hillary?

Pfft. No sympathy for those losers.

I'm also not going to feel sorry for the folks who couldn't distinguish between legitimate news sources and Russian propaganda. Maybe they shouldn't be voting.

Wether you feel sorry for them or not is irrelevant. But by admitting that some "idiots" were fooled into voting republican because of "Russian propaganda", yoy are not exactly strengthening your claim that Trump win it "fair and square"...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    There is always a lot of propaganda on both sides.
    There is always a lot of propaganda on both sides.

Of course. The difference is that in this case one side (how knowingly and willfullingly we will know in the foreseeable future) used the help of a forreign state and their sophisticated system of hackers to construct their propaganda.
    You're welcome to spin it any way you like, jobo.

I've already yawned and moved on.
    Escalus5 wrote: »

Spinning it any other way seems to be your speciality... You are basically saying; "yes, Russia influenced the election, but I don't feel for Hillary so it's fair".

I am not very impressed by your argumentation...
    The US is well on its way to becoming a totalitarian state. Trump has already said he wants the American people to bow and scrape before him like they do for Little Rocket Man
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Getafix wrote: »
    The US is well on its way to becoming a totalitarian state. Trump has already said he wants the American people to bow and scrape before him like they do for Little Rocket Man

He's also intrigued by Xi's proposal to rule for life. Too bad he doesn't realize that the people sit up at attention for Kim because they're under threat of execution...or maybe he does realize that, and that's why the idea is so interesting to him. What a clueless psycho.
    Obama said the same thing. A dictatorship isn t so bad, as long as he is the dictator.
    Link? I can't find anything on that past some conservative video, where he says absolutely nothing about wanting to rule for life.

Thanks for posting a video which proves your comment was not true and completely fabricated! Talk about making a fool of yourself...

• Oh come on. Obama is clearly delivering a joke here and the right-wing site that posted this clip TREATS IT as if he were serious. I call BS and you know better...unless you're just trying to be a feces stirrer, as is so often your nature.
    Same exact video I was talking about - couldn't be more obvious that it was made by some racist conservative. Nowhere in the video does he says he would love to alter things so that he sits as President for life, just that the idea of being able to do more on his own is intriguing (which I'm sure literally every President has thought before at some point during their tenure).

I like the clueless AI-narrated text that follows - "you cannot do whatever you want to do." Yes...that's the entirety of what he just said in the video. The idea is intriguing, but it's not how things work.
  • Escalus5 wrote: »

If you had really moved on you wouldn't bother to tell us so. You just have no half-way solid rebuttal, so your response is "la-la, I'm not listening..."
    That was exactly my point. Anything either one says is spun out of proportion by the other side.
  • "They all do it" is a false dichotomy. Yes, Hillary is and was corrupt. Just exactly as corrupt as the system has been willing to tolerate for most of our lives. Donnie is far, far worse. The USA is substantially worse off with him as president than it would have been with her in the office. At least under Hillary we wouldn't be alienating our long-term allies and empowering our long-term enemies.
    "They all do it" is a false dichotomy. Yes, Hillary is and was corrupt. Just exactly as corrupt as the system has been willing to tolerate for most of our lives. Donnie is far, far worse. The USA is substantially worse off with him as president than it would have been with her in the office. At least under Hillary we wouldn't be alienating our long-term allies and empowering our long-term enemies.

But... the stock market!
  • Hey, trade wars are EASY to win...!
    Hey, trade wars are EASY to win...!

I'll trade you an Iran war for Trudeau war...
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 7,503
    chrisisall wrote: »
    "They all do it" is a false dichotomy. Yes, Hillary is and was corrupt. Just exactly as corrupt as the system has been willing to tolerate for most of our lives. Donnie is far, far worse. The USA is substantially worse off with him as president than it would have been with her in the office. At least under Hillary we wouldn't be alienating our long-term allies and empowering our long-term enemies.

But... the stock market!

Stable economic growth is never short term or the result of recent desicions. You see results over time. To suggest America's improved financial situation (although in the long scheme of things they are losing out to China) is Trump's achievement, basically proves a lack of understanding. I know it can seem like an easy argument to pull in favor of the democrats because it makes the legacy of the recent republican presidents look bad, but it is still common sense. Clinton and Obama inherited bad economies and steadily improved them so the next Republican in office could take credit for it. And it makes sense politically. Continues and endless tax cuts combined with intense military spending will hurt your economy sooner or later. Incentives to stabilize the economy helps. Time will tell if Trump manages to ruin the American economy like the Bushes did. Lets hope not... although the recent tax reform is inauspicious long term. Luckily for the GOP and Trump, another president will have to deal with the mess. Probably a democrat they can push the blame on...
    Stable economic growth is never short term or the result of recent desicions. You see results over time. To suggest America's improved financial situation (although in the long scheme of things they are losing out to China) as Trump's achievement, basically proves a lack of understanding. I know it can seem like an easy argument to pull in favor of the democrats because it makes the republican presidents' legacy's look bad, but it is still common sense. Clinton and Obama inherited bad economies and steadily improved them so the next Republican in office could take credit for it. And it makes sense politically. Continues and endless tax cuts combined with intense military spending will hurt your economy sooner or later. Incentives to stabilize the economy helps. Time will tell if Trump manages to ruin the American economy like the Bushes did. Lets hope not... although the recent tax reform is inauspicious long term. Luckily for the GOP and Trump, another president will have to deal with the mess. Probably a democrat they can push the blame on...
    @jobo, we Republican alt-righters are getting SICK AND TIRED of YOU using FACTS and TRUTH in discussions concerning what we WANT to believe, okay???
    ;)

But... the stock market!

Stable economic growth is never short term or the result of recent desicions. You see results over time. To suggest America's improved financial situation (although in the long scheme of things they are losing out to China) is Trump's achievement, basically proves a lack of understanding. I know it can seem like an easy argument to pull in favor of the democrats because it makes the legacy of the recent republican presidents look bad, but it is still common sense. Clinton and Obama inherited bad economies and steadily improved them so the next Republican in office could take credit for it. And it makes sense politically. Continues and endless tax cuts combined with intense military spending will hurt your economy sooner or later..

So basically, endless war is fine, as long as you turn up the taxes.

But... the stock market!

Stable economic growth is never short term or the result of recent desicions. You see results over time. To suggest America's improved financial situation (although in the long scheme of things they are losing out to China) is Trump's achievement, basically proves a lack of understanding. I know it can seem like an easy argument to pull in favor of the democrats because it makes the legacy of the recent republican presidents look bad, but it is still common sense. Clinton and Obama inherited bad economies and steadily improved them so the next Republican in office could take credit for it. And it makes sense politically. Continues and endless tax cuts combined with intense military spending will hurt your economy sooner or later..

So basically, endless war is fine, as long as you turn up the taxes.

Your endless trolling starts to get tedius...
    What is hurting now, exactly?
    What is hurting now, exactly?

Oh, no nothing is hurting. Feel a bit sorry for you though...
    No need for that.
    No need for that.

Good. I can't help it though... We might talk again when you decide to make a serious contribution to the discussion.
This discussion has been closed.