Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2023 Posts: 23,375
    Exercise At Gibraltar (From The Living Daylights)

Listened to The No Time To Score Bond covers album, liked it so much I ended up buying it, I have listened to some of Douglas's other Bond themed work...

PHOENIX RISING 007 concept album and Never Say Never Again: Alternate Score are worth checking out.

Spectre
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Space March (Capsule In Space)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    The new JMY stuff. That Hip's Trip remix is great.

mattjoes wrote: »
    The new JMY stuff. That Hip's Trip remix is great.

Great stuff, I am subscribed to his channel though only listened to a couple of those.

---

James & Felix On Their Way To Church

I just listened to the full score and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite not been overly keen on the score back in 1989 when i saw the film at the cinema (at the time it not being john Barry felt very jarring to me). LTK has become one of my favorite scores from the series, the production is excellent

edited September 2023 Posts: 23,375
    I recently bought a Internet Radio player which is pretty awesome, it gives you access to over 25'000 radio stations across the world. Just out of curiosity i entered James Bond into the search and found a James Bond music only radio station which is pretty cool...

fa98a80cbcc832e556952efc02f1186b?t=_120x120
    https://laut.fm/007
    (for Star Trek fans Laut.FM also have an exclusive Star Trek radio station)

All the tracks are listed which is good if you find a track you have not heard before...

The James Bond Theme (LTJ Bukem Remix)

Skye - A View To A Kill

I like this.

Goldfinger (Propellerheads Mix)
    edited September 2023 Posts: 6,730

This is delicious. And it's been a while since I heard something I hadn't heard before. Propellerheads being involved is the icing on the cake.

It led me to this as well (from the same remix album):

This is delicious. And it's been a while since I heard something I hadn't heard before. Propellerheads being involved is the icing on the cake.

It led me to this as well (from the same remix album):

I am going to have to get hold of this remix Album, I listened to the James Bond Radio station for a few hours yesterday and was surprised by how many remixes and covers I had not heard before.
    Flight into space with DJ Drax

Thanks for sharing!

I've recently been completing my collection of library music from Octopussy. IMDb has had most of the tracks listed for a while, but on my last search, I couldn't find the tracks of KPM Music, only the ones from the De Wolfe library. I don't know if I'd searched poorly or they weren't available, but now they are on YouTube. Very catchy music that they used on the circus scenes. Here's what I recently added.

Some, if not all of the De Wolfe tracks are also on YouTube. They're also on their website.

As far as I can tell, there are, at most, one or two circus tracks that remain unidentified. One consists of a snare drum roll, and another (if not already part of the previous track) is an orchestral flourish that is used multiple times in the film. Just a major chord played on brass and percussion.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    This morning outside my office door a counterpart played "A View to a Kill" on his phone.

Part of the Duran Duran performance he recorded Wednesday at the Capital One Arena in Washington, DC.

Of course they sounded great. From a couple weeks prior:

Duran Duran - A View to a Kill (Chicago, Ill 9/1/23) (4:01)

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 8,696
    I recently bought a Internet Radio player which is pretty awesome, it gives you access to over 25'000 radio stations across the world. Just out of curiosity i entered James Bond into the search and found a James Bond music only radio station which is pretty cool...

All the tracks are listed which is good if you find a track you have not heard before...

laut.fm (laut is German for loud) has been running an Internet radio station for 15 years or so where users can generate their own program or channel. laut.fm undertakes to pay the royalties to GEMA (the German performance rights and collecting organisation) but reserves the right to add commercials of their own choosing to those programs. I believe they have over 10,000 user-generated channels now, so it is rather unlikely not to find even the most obscure genres there. And Bond and Star Trek are definitely nowhere near obscure.

Thanks for sharing!

I've recently been completing my collection of library music from Octopussy. IMDb has had most of the tracks listed for a while, but on my last search, I couldn't find the tracks of KPM Music, only the ones from the De Wolfe library. I don't know if I'd searched poorly or they weren't available, but now they are on YouTube. Very catchy music that they used on the circus scenes. Here's what I recently added.

Some, if not all of the De Wolfe tracks are also on YouTube. They're also on their website.

As far as I can tell, there are, at most, one or two circus tracks that remain unidentified. One consists of a snare drum roll, and another (if not already part of the previous track) is an orchestral flourish that is used multiple times in the film. Just a major chord played on brass and percussion.

They were a lot of fun to listen to, I always find it very effective when jolly music juxtaposes a tense scene.
    This morning outside my office door a counterpart played "A View to a Kill" on his phone.

Part of the Duran Duran performance he recorded Wednesday at the Capital One Arena in Washington, DC.

Of course they sounded great. From a couple weeks prior:

Duran Duran - A View to a Kill (Chicago, Ill 9/1/23) (4:01)

Awesome I would definitely be buzzing in that crowd when the gun barrel appears.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

laut.fm (laut is German for loud) has been running an Internet radio station for 15 years or so where users can generate their own program or channel. laut.fm undertakes to pay the royalties to GEMA (the German performance rights and collecting organisation) but reserves the right to add commercials of their own choosing to those programs. I believe they have over 10,000 user-generated channels now, so it is rather unlikely not to find even the most obscure genres there. And Bond and Star Trek are definitely nowhere near obscure.

I had never heard of laut.fm until a week ago or so, I live in the UK.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 6,730
    That hits the spot.

edited October 2023 Posts: 23,375
    Cafe Martinique (Remastered)

It really does not get much better than this, the score has many high points from the entire series.
    That hits the spot.

That is funky which is never a bad thing.
    Cafe Martinique (Remastered)

It really does not get much better than this, the score has many high points from the entire series.
    I was just listening to this and the Geoff Love cover of Thunderball the other day. Great stuff.

And more recently, I was listening to the Bond 25 album again. Keeps growing on me, especially these:

edited October 2023 Posts: 6,730
    Revisiting this classic Bond gunbarrel remix which blends the DAF and TMWTGG gunbarrel themes:

Love the part that starts at 2:14 in this video.

Generally speaking, I can't get enough of the Bond theme. I just don't seem to get tired of it. My favorite piece of music.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @mattjoes , listening to this in the back of an Uber, full volume through my pods, I felt like Bond for three and a half minutes, 😂
    peter wrote: »
    @mattjoes , listening to this in the back of an Uber, full volume through my pods, I felt like Bond for three and a half minutes, 😂

Good, maybe I'll listen to some Bond music myself on my next Uber ride, haha.
    Hooked on this now. Listen to 2:01. The melody that starts playing a few seconds later sounds ridiculously beautiful on trumpets. Such a bright, majestic sound. This is the best instrumental I've heard of this song. And not at all inferior to the sung version.

From the same album, this version of Never Say Never Again is rather catchy, but what's notable is how it transitions into the James Bond Theme at the end, something that was, of course, impossible in the film itself.

This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite Bond tracks of all 25 EON films. And that's saying a lot when it competes with the work of people like Barry, Conti, Arnold, etc. I'm very happy we finally got a full version of it. Sheer magic. I hope a party scene in a future Bond film justifies the creation of more laid-back tracks like these.

This is friggin' awesome, especially the ending part at 1:26. The choice of key, the crescendo, the flamboyant wah-wah brass... it's perfect.

The original version is also magnificent. Had it never been released, it would've been a tragedy. The part that begins at 1:28 is incredibly exciting, especially when the brass melody comes in at 1:47.
    Hooked on this now. Listen to 2:01. The melody that starts playing a few seconds later sounds ridiculously beautiful on trumpets. Such a bright, majestic sound. This is the best instrumental I've heard of this song. And not at all inferior to the sung version.

From the same album, this version of Never Say Never Again is rather catchy, but what's notable is how it transitions into the James Bond Theme at the end, something that was, of course, impossible in the film itself.

I will have to look for this album, I was never than keen on Crowe's title track in fact I often forget about it and regard Surrender as the main theme. Saying that this orchestral take does it improve it.

They did a good job with NSNA also, the end transition was a nice touch
    edited October 2023 Posts: 23,375
    This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite Bond tracks of all 25 EON films. And that's saying a lot when it competes with the work of people like Barry, Conti, Arnold, etc. I'm very happy we finally got a full version of it. Sheer magic. I hope a party scene in a future Bond film justifies the creation of more laid-back tracks like these.

There is an expanded version of the album available for purchase?

Yeah, still being sold here:
    https://lalalandrecords.com/tomorrow-never-dies-expanded-remastered-limited-edition-2-cd-set/

Yeah, still being sold here:
    https://lalalandrecords.com/tomorrow-never-dies-expanded-remastered-limited-edition-2-cd-set/

I knew there were expanded scores of a few of PB's other films though did not realize TND had one, will have a look.
    Journey To Blofeld's Hideaway (Remastered)

Listening to scala RADIO and Mark Kermode is playing this in tribute to what would have been John Barry's 90th birthday just past.
    Listening to these wonderful cues.