Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    This is actually Phase 5.

Phase 4 ended with WAKANDA FOREVER.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Looks mid to be honest.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes I wasn’t blown away. Quite funny to spot the bits shot in Surrey.
    I’m still not overwhelmed by ATJ’s charisma.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    mtm wrote: »

He has very little and what he does have is paper thin.
    talos7 wrote: »

He has very little and what he does have is paper thin.

I can see that now. He is no longer high on my list, I tell you that. That voice...bah.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Did anyone make it through that Secret Invasion episode? It seemed terribly bland to me, but maybe I'll give it another go.

So weird that they made Moonknight in some European city but pretended it was London, whereas here they've set it in Moscow but clearly shot it in... London.
    edited July 2023 Posts: 989
    I think that, by now, we all know what the MCU has been currently exploring in Phase 4 (The multiverse), and since, i've been thinking:
    "What universes could they explore?"
    And then, a series of ideas came to my head:

- Timely 1930: A 15-episode series adaptation of Earth-90124 (Marvel Noir), mainly inspired by the 1930's crime serials.

- Atlas 666: A horror-com show adaptation of Earth-666 (as seen on Secret Avengers), inspired, of course, by The Addams Family and The Munsters shows.

- Marvel: 1602: A show based on the 1602 comic series (Earth-311), inspired by The Lord of The Rings books and film series.

What do you think?
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    I think that, by now, we all know what the MCU has been currently exploring in Phase 4 (The multiverse), and since, i've been thinking:
    *"What universes could they explore?"*
    And then, a series of ideas came to my head:

- **Timely 1930:** A 15-episode series adaptation of Earth-90124 (*Marvel Noir*), mainly inspired by the 1930's crime serials.

- **Atlas 666:** A horror-com show adaptation of Earth-666 (as seen on *Secret Avengers*), inspired, of course, by *The Addams Family* and *The Munsters* shows.

- **Marvel: 1602:** A show based on the *1602* comic series, inspired by *The Lord of The Rings* books and film series.

What do you think?

Sounds interesting and fresh compared to the current slate. I'd be very interested in the noir and LOTR style shows.
    Good news : Jennifer Garner returns as Elektra in Deadpool 3.

https://www.cbr.com/jennifer-garner-deadpool-3-elektra-return/

I've always thought that she was the best thing in Daredevil. Good to see her back in the part.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ‘Deadpool 3’ First Look: Hugh Jackman Debuts Wolverine’s Classic Yellow-Blue Suit and Teams Up With Ryan Reynolds
    https://variety.com/2023/film/news/deadpool-3-first-look-hugh-jackman-wolverine-yellow-blue-costume-1235665150/

F0r6GbQacAUng-4-1.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1&resize=1000%2C563
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Even without the mask, it's so great seeing Jackman finally don that suit.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Maybe it's because I'm really tired, but it really does look like someone glued Jackman's head onto a figurine. It's so weird seeing him in the suit after all this time!
    Not a fan of the yellow costume in live action.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    He does look a bit of a tit, doesn't he. I wonder how they'll explain why he's wearing it as the character has been shown to be very resistant to silly costumes over the last 20 years of films.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I read rumors a while back that Deadpool 3 will be another Multiverse movie.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited July 2023 Posts: 1,373
    I think the reason for the suit is to get fans interested in the character again. I mean....they've done all there is to do with the character and even killed him off.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Guys, it’s a Deadpool movie. Not a self serious project.
    Let me explain:
    The original X-Men trilogy and First Class happen on Earth-10005.
    Days of Future Past rewrites the original timeline, creating Earth-TRN414, where Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix and Deadpool take place.
    Deadpool 2 rewrites the timeline again, creating Earth-41633.
    The Deadpool 3 Logan is from a different universe, like the Logan from the 2017 film (which is from Earth-17315).
    Let me explain:
    The original X-Men trilogy and First Class happen on Earth-10005.
    Days of Future Past rewrites the original timeline, creating Earth-TRN414, where Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix and Deadpool take place.
    Deadpool 2 rewrites the timeline again, creating Earth-41633.
    The Deadpool 3 Logan is from a different universe, like the Logan from the 2017 film (which is from Earth-17315).

While that's very interesting, and I know that Deadpool is often over the top, as a fan of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, in whatever universe or timeline, I find the live action, comic accurate , Tweety Bird, yellow, costume , ridiculous
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Apologies for the random thought, but I just saw someone else asking the question if Bond films should be set in period in the 50s, and it made me wonder why you don’t see people asking for superhero films to be set when the characters were originally conceived (although I’m sure every question has been asked on the MCU forums!). A Spider Man film set in the 60s could be pretty cool.
    Pretty much the only one you see is the 90s/2000s Superman and Batman cartoons being vaguely 30s/40s styled.
    Apologies for the random thought, but I just saw someone else asking the question if Bond films should be set in period in the 50s, and it made me wonder why you don’t see people asking for superhero films to be set when the characters were originally conceived (although I’m sure every question has been asked on the MCU forums!). A Spider Man film set in the 60s could be pretty cool.
    Pretty much the only one you see is the 90s/2000s Superman and Batman cartoons being vaguely 30s/40s styled.

Was that Calvin's video? If so, he made a lot of good points as to why it should not, and most likely will not happen.

There's actually an unofficial Batman book that takes place on the 1910's-1930's, look up Gotham 1919 to 1939 and you got it.
    Back on topic, a Spider-Man series set on the 1960's could be very good if done right.
    I actually have a draft pitch for that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I think a 60s Spider Man could be visually interesting.

Was that Calvin's video? If so, he made a lot of good points as to why it should not, and most likely will not happen.

Yes I saw the thumbnail but didn’t watch it. I don’t believe a 50s Bond is a good idea and the producers have ruled it out, so that’s that.
    Yeah I think a 60s Spider Man could be visually interesting.

Yes I saw the thumbnail but didn’t watch it. I don’t believe a 50s Bond is a good idea and the producers have ruled it out, so that’s that.

I think that you would enjoy his take on it.

There are already been four superhero movies that took place at the time where the characters were most popular : Captain America : The First Avenger (World War II), X-Men : First Class (the 1960s, with the Cuban missile crisis), (part of) X-Men: Days of Future Past (the 70s, with the end of the Vietnam War), and X-Men : Apocalypse (the '80s). And let's not forget Captain Marvel, which takes place in the '90s.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah that's a good point.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York

Some have argued that the upcoming Fantastic Four should/will be backdated to the 1960s. Or the characters will come from a 1960s-like universe.