Comments

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,416
    All on BD:

The Manchurian Candidate (2004)
    Unbreakable (2000)
    Chappie (2015) 2 disc SE Steelbook
    The Love Punch (2013)

Movie releated: Soundtrack score: John Powell - The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)
    Bluray
    Pillow Talk - Doris Day & Rock Hudson
    LALD - Great entry by Sir Moore
    OHMSS - the other fella
    On flew over the cuckoo's nest - Jack being brilliant
    Banlieu 13 - French freerunning movie, quite amusing.
    Zorro's whip - a b/w serial from the forties (bloody good fun) - a dvd actually
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Bluray
    Pillow Talk - Doris Day & Rock Hudson
    LALD - Great entry by Sir Moore
    OHMSS - the other fella
    On flew over the cuckoo's nest - Jack being brilliant
    Banlieu 13 - French freerunning movie, quite amusing.
    Zorro's whip - a b/w serial from the forties (bloody good fun) - a dvd actually

Pillow Talk - one of my absolute favourites!
    "The Battle of the Five Armies", extended edition, of course. Saw it in two evenings. Now waiting for my next vacations to see the whole shebang (Hobbit + LOTR), one movie per day.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Gerard, how was the extended edition in comparison to the regular version released in theaters? Any noticeable differences in the R-rating it received?
  • augie7107augie7107 Boston
    Pre-ordered Spectre on Google Play movies. Last one actually available when purchased, The Eiger Sanction.
    Taken 2 (2012) - 2 disc (BD/DVD) Digipack version. Bluray include Unrated Cut and dvd cinema version of movie.

1435337115-the_incredible_hulk_meets_daredevil_dutch-swivv-customcovers.nl.jpg
    DVD: The Incredible Hulk Meets Daredevil aka The Trial of the Incredible Hulk (1989)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Chain of Events, from Network Distribution part of the The British Film imprint. A late 50s B-picture about bank clerk played by Kenneth Griffith who attempts to dodge a bus fare and gives out the name and address of one of the bank's client setting in motion a chain of events that lead to blackmail and murder!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Gerard, how was the extended edition in comparison to the regular version released in theaters? Any noticeable differences in the R-rating it received?

Well, there are quite a lot of orc decapitations. And the chariot scene, that was deleted in the theatrical print, is there now, with quite a bit of cut limbs as well.

Found the first of the french Gamera compilations, featuring the first four movies. I think I will watch the first one right away.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 I thought the extended version of 'Battle of the Five Armies' is fantastic. Much, much better than the theatrical version. So much better I now rank the 3rd Hobbit as my favorite of the trilogy (and not my least favorite like when I first saw the shorter version).
  • 12226980_10100792728792321_5910300834712684107_n.jpg?oh=ffe9ca3cacf7bf6fc4665932e1ad26fa&oe=56EA21E0
    Over a week old now, but I nabbed the steelbook of Terminator Genesys the same day I got Fallout 4!
    TG gets a lot of hate, which I totally get, but I'll add that it does get better with additional viewings. On the TG thread I said it felt like the first real sequel to T2 and I stand by that!
    M_Balje wrote: »
    DVD: The Incredible Hulk Meets Daredevil aka The Trial of the Incredible Hulk (1989)
    LOL I love when they try to sell the same movie again by simply renaming it. 'The Incredible Hulk meets DareDevil', that's a new one! Did they also have 'The Incredible Hulk meets Thor' aka Incredible Hulk Returns and 'The Incredible Hulk meets the Pavement' aka Death of the Incredible Hulk?
    =))

Kidding aside, those movies were a ton of fun- the only real problem with Trial of the Incredible Hulk is
    there's no trial
    As a kid I hated DareDevil's black costume but now that the Netflix on is out it doesn't seem as out of place!
    @Gerard, I remember realizing (after I initially saw TBOTFA in theaters) that there was absolutely no chariot scene in the finished film, even though I saw it in a few trailers. I'm going to pick up the Extended Trilogy one day when it's on sale for $30 or so.

As for me, used some Best Buy certificates and picked up 'Bad Boys'/'Bad Boys 2' double pack on blu-ray last night. After nearly a decade, 'Bad Boys 2' has finally hit blu-ray in a nice little remastering and I can't wait to re-watch it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Just bought all 3 Hunger Games films (HG, HG-Catching Fire & HG-Mockingjay 1) on blu ray.

I'll try to get through them all in the next few days and catch the lastest film in the theatre by the end of the week. Hopefully I'm entertained (I've only seen the first one before, and liked it).
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Dragon Inn (1967) EUREKA! The Masters of Cinema Series. A film by King HU in a brand new 4k transfer.
    81Mmfif3JYL._SX385_.jpg
  • Lifeforce Double disk special edition on Bluray, this film is bonkers.

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation HD love this film, preffered it to Spectre.
  • Taking advantadge of the pre-Black Friday sales, a pack with all Pirates Of The Caribbean films and The Karate Kid I
    Lifeforce Double disk special edition on Bluray, this film is bonkers.

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation HD love this film, preffered it to Spectre.

Lifeforce is bloody amazing & I prefer RN to Spectre as well as an action movie.

New on BR
    Jurrasic World
    Judge Dredd the new version)
    Let her in

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    New on BR
    Jurrasic World

Since you're wasting money, wanna send some to ME?

:))
    chrisisall wrote: »
    New on BR
    Jurrasic World

Since you're wasting money, wanna send some to ME?

:))

Why can I not buy my 12 years old daughter a movie she enjoyed a lot, Her older sister likes the twilight series I find Jurrasic world very much better. That said I found JW more enjoyable viewing than SP to be honest. JW was an unadulterated joyride while SP had its moments but lasted to long for what it had to offer.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Sorry, yeah, JW is a perfect kid's movie!

:P
    Kingsman: the secret service
    Ex Machina
    Mad Max: Fury Road
    Just bought the James bind blue ray collection released in September.I went with the white box edition didn't want to pay 60 dollars more for a book of posters and digital copies of the movies which I wouldn't use.Do any of you have this collection,was it a good buy.This will be first time I own all the movies so I'm pretty excited.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Just bought all 3 Hunger Games films (HG, HG-Catching Fire & HG-Mockingjay 1) on blu ray.

I'll try to get through them all in the next few days and catch the lastest film in the theatre by the end of the week. Hopefully I'm entertained (I've only seen the first one before, and liked it).

Be careful...I for one thought the latest HG movie was pretty boring
    Going to use a $10 certificate at Best Buy to nab the upcoming 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation' blu-ray steelbook for $10, and about to utilize an Amazon Lightning Deal to grab 'Interstellar' on blu-ray for just a few bucks. That'll be all my purchases for the Black Friday weekend, and all from the comfort of my couch.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    INSIDE OUT

Another Pixar gem.
    Bluray:
    Saboteur (1942)
    Shadow of a Doubt (1943)
    Rope (1948)
    Rear Window (1954)
    The Trouble with Harry (1955)
    The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
    Vertigo (1958)
    Psycho (1960)
    The Birds (1963)
    Marnie (1964)
    Torn Curtain (1966)
    Topaz (1969)
    Frenzy (1972)
    Family Plot (1976)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The first three Transformers, Interstellar, and The Walking Dead season 5.
  • meredith44meredith44 the great unknown
    The three Iron Man movies and the first installment of Avengers on DVD. I love them.
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,416
    BD: Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)
    BD: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) - 2 disc set (3D + 2D) with sleeve.
    BD: How To Train A Dragon 2 (2014) - 2 disc set (3D + 2D) with sleeve.
    BD: Edge of Tomorrow (2014) - 2 disc set (3D + 2D) with sleeve.
    @M_Balje, was that the regular release of 'Fantastic Mr. Fox,' or the Criterion version? If it's the former, I'd suggest you return it and pick up the latter, as the inserts and booklets they've included inside are absolutely worth the purchase, along with the beautiful cover it comes in.