The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    chrisisall wrote: »
    3 Days To Kill on BD; never saw it but I took a righteous dude's word it was cool.

I loved that film, a sort of more Moore-esque version of Taken with a badass Costner and a fantastic soundtrack.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Lifeforce Double disk special edition on Bluray, this film is bonkers.

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation HD love this film, preffered it to Spectre.

Lifeforce is bloody amazing & I prefer RN to Spectre as well as an action movie.

New on BR
    Jurrasic World
    Judge Dredd the new version)
    Let her in

Lifeforce is very underated and pretty much ended Tobe Hoopers career sadly, the special edition has both versions of the film. No film matches this for crazy genius... Maybe Zardoz lol

To be honest the book is very much better, but I kinda like the movie.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2015 Posts: 13,894
    Hulk
    City Hall

Both from Poundland.
  • Just bought Never Say Never Again on Blu-ray. It's crap but I think it deserves a place in the collection.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Just bought Never Say Never Again on Blu-ray. It's crap but I think it deserves a place in the collection.
    You paid real money?

:-j
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Just bought Never Say Never Again on Blu-ray. It's crap but I think it deserves a place in the collection.
    You paid real money?

:-j
    six quid on ebay.
    six quid on ebay.
    *Smiles like Admiral Kirk*
    Six quid... is that a lot?
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    six quid on ebay.
    *Smiles like Admiral Kirk*
    Six quid... is that a lot?
    For a brand new blu-ray? Not really. i wouldn't have paid anymore let's put it that way. i think it's the cheapest bluray i've bought so far.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I paid 6 bucks for it but it also came with Cuba and A Bridge Too Far. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (2015)
    The International (2009)

Both on Blu Ray.
    The International (2009)

Both on Blu Ray.
    Funny, I just got them on BD recently too. Can't heap enough praise on The International- so well written.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    The International (2009)

Both on Blu Ray.
    Funny, I just got them on BD recently too. Can't heap enough praise on The International- so well written.

The International is one of my favorite films - great story, fantastic acting by Clive Owen and Naomie Watts, one of the best soundtracks in recent years and the gun fight in the museum is out of this world.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Picked up the classic 'The Shining' on blu-ray from a pawn shop for only $4! May have posted about it when I got it last week, but completely forgot until now. Going to have to watch this again real soon.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Picked up the classic 'The Shining' on blu-ray from a pawn shop for only $4! May have posted about it when I got it last week, but completely forgot until now. Going to have to watch this again real soon.

I love that film; my favorite horror film of all time. Also my favorite of Kubrick's works, and I like most of his films.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. :)
    Picked up Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation earlier today.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    MI - RN as well, on blu ray. I'll sneak in a watch of this and GP prior to the New Year.

I also bought Angels & Demons and the 3 Maguire Spidey films on limited edition 4K remastered blu (I purchased the 1998 Godzilla on this format and the quality just blew me away). Angels is one of my favourites, so I'm looking forward to seeing it in this version.

I agree on The International. It's a superb film. So Bondian, and that Guggenheim shoot out is almost as good as Mann's best.
    FoxRox wrote: »

I love that film; my favorite horror film of all time. Also my favorite of Kubrick's works, and I like most of his films.

Agree with you on both points

Bluray
    MI -RN
    Gotham Season 1
    Dredd
    bondjames wrote: »
    I agree on The International. It's a superb film. So Bondian, and that Guggenheim shoot out is almost as good as Mann's best.
    I think the director intentionally set out to make a 'realistic' Bond-like movie with that. And it worked.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2015 Posts: 40,477
    I remember being really excited for 'The International' and then not really enjoying it once I finally saw it. Think I'll have to give it another watch, haven't seen it since it came out six years ago.
    I remember being really excited for 'The International' and then not really enjoying it once I finally saw it. Think I'll have to give it another watch, haven't seen it since it came out six years ago.

My first reaction to the film was *meh*, a waste of two hours. But it's a thinking person's film- not a fun actioner. When I gave it another chance last year I really liked it. When I got the BD recently that cemented it as an all time fave in the serious spy genre; a midpoint between Smiley & Bond. Taken that way, I think you should see it one more time at least.
    Just listening to the soundtrack makes me want to rewatch 'The International'.

• edited December 2015 Posts: 1,009
    The Universal Monsters pack (Bluray)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Woman of Straw costarring Sean Connery. He gives a great performance in an atypical role that takes advantage, in a positive way, of his Bond image..
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2015 Posts: 45,489
    Dredd

Too bad the sequel to this got scrapped.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Batman Forever
    The Bourne Legacy
    Enemy At The Gates
    Dredd

Dredd

Yes indeed that bloody poor carchase from SP could have funded the next Dredd movie and would have offered a shedload more excitement than SP did.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Fast and Furious 6. :)
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 9,771
    I normally don't buy myself anything during Christmas but after Christmas I believe (unless I get it for Christmas)

will be picking up the following films

Captain America the Winter soldier
    Star Wars the original trilogy (I only have the prequel trilogy)
    the Bourne trilogy
    Mission Impossible
    A Good Day to Die Hard
    and possibly

Clive Barker's Lord of illusion I am not a huge fan of horror films but I like dark films with interesting characters and a intriguing plot and based on the trailers Lord of Illusions seems much more like a Dark Supernatural Noir Film. however if it is nightmare enducing and someone has a better suggestion let me know.

Of ocurse I also need to complete my Halloween collection as I am missing I believe 4 and that's it for what I want (I have no desire to buy Halloween 3 Halloween Resurrection or those Rob Zombie Halloween films)