The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

HD Download
    11089658-1424783870-721803.jpg

Whats different about the Directors cut?
    Remember vividly seeing this in the cinema on its release! Had a blast watching it! ("You're a funny guy Sully,...I kill you last!!")
    My abiding memory is of the two youngsters in front of me in the queue outside the cinema, with their bag of goodies, hopping with excitement! My thoughts were, theres no way you two are getting into see this...and sure enough the Usher shooed them away! I do hope they got to see it sometime. Greaf fun, with marvellous stuntwork!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    HD Download
    11089658-1424783870-721803.jpg

Whats different about the Directors cut?
    Remember vividly seeing this in the cinema on its release! Had a blast watching it! ("You're a funny guy Sully,...I kill you last!!")
    My abiding memory is of the two youngsters in front of me in the queue outside the cinema, with their bag of goodies, hopping with excitement! My thoughts were, theres no way you two are getting into see this...and sure enough the Usher shooed them away! I do hope they got to see it sometime. Greaf fun, with marvellous stuntwork!

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4373

The above link compares both cuts, the changes are very subtle for the most part and a bit pointless to be honest. I already have the R - Rated version on Bluray. The Directors Cut was going for £3.99 on Amazon Prime so bought it as I wanted a digital copy of the film.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    81w3Jar5SGL._AC_SY445_.jpg

71rqJSRaX1L._AC_SY445_.jpg

81P9MP2guOL._AC_SY445_.jpg

51-zZ2Mig-L._AC_.jpg
    5402101_so.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    550x550.jpg
    CD Soundtrack Score: Captain Corelli's Mandolin (2001) by Stephen Warbeck. € 4,00 ( € 5,00- 20%).

IMG-20200815-150713.jpg
    BD: Thor (2011) - 3 disc 3D Limited edition (3D+2D+DVD) € 6,40 ( € 8,00- 20%). The first release from Paramount released in 2011 who include DVD too.
    I already own all the Bond films on Blu-Ray and DVD, but I caved and bought the complete collection online as well for quick access on my computer. I don't normally buy movies digitally, but made an exception for my favorite series! Plan on watching TWINE later tonight.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    1917 (Sam Mendes, 2019)
    AD ASTRA (James Gray, 2019)
    ALIEN: COVENANT (Ridley Scott, 2016)
    FAUST (F.W. Murnau, 1926)
    ZORRO (Duccio Tessari, 1975)
    DRACULA (Todd Browning, 1931)
    FRANKENSTEIN (James Whale, 1931)
    THE MUMMY (Karl Freund, 1932)
    THE INVISIBLE MAN (James Whale, 1933)
    THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (James Whale, 1935)
    THE WOLF MAN (James Waggner, 1941)
    PHANTOM OF THE OPERA (Anton Lubin, 1943)
    THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON (James Arnold, 1954)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I already own all the Bond films on Blu-Ray and DVD, but I caved and bought the complete collection online as well for quick access on my computer. I don't normally buy movies digitally, but made an exception for my favorite series! Plan on watching TWINE later tonight.

Its great having digital copies, I have them all on my PC, Tablet and Mobile phone. If I am sat waiting somewhere I often just put on a few scenes of any one of the films.
    1917 (Sam Mendes, 2019)

Great selection there, The Invisible Man one of my all time favourites, Claude Rains is brilliant the film is so atmospheric.

Its great having digital copies, I have them all on my PC, Tablet and Mobile phone. If I am sat waiting somewhere I often just put on a few scenes of any one of the films.
    1917 (Sam Mendes, 2019)

Great selection there, The Invisible Man one of my all time favourites, Claude Rains is brilliant the film is so atmospheric.

I don t think I have ever bought this many films at once before. Never saw The Mummy, Phantom of the Opera or The Creature From the Black Lagoon, so I am curious about those.

1917 (Sam Mendes, 2019)

I don t think I have ever bought this many films at once before. Never saw The Mummy, Phantom of the Opera or The Creature From the Black Lagoon, so I am curious about those.

I have watched most of the classic Universal Horror films and similar films of that era though years ago, I had many of them on VHS or taped on VHS from TV. I think I have The Invisible Man on DVD in storage.

I have always liked films from the 30's, 40's and 50's the British Era of Hitchcock pre war films like The Lady Vanishes and The 39 Steps were my introduction to B&W films as a kid.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 4,447
    101 Dalmatians (1961) - 2 Disc SE with sleeve. € 1,95

834x1200.jpg
    M_Balje wrote: »
    101 Dalmatians (1961) - 2 Disc SE with sleeve. € 1,95

834x1200.jpg

Good one.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    The Only Son (1936)
    There Was a Father (1942)

Two pack from Yasujiro Ozu, Criterion Edition
    theatre-de-sang-film-horreur-Blu-ray-DVD-edition-collector.jpg

Yup, it's Theater of Blood, with Vincent Price and Diana Rigg. Made me see Shakespeare in a whole new light when I saw it the first time.
    Gerard wrote: »
    theatre-de-sang-film-horreur-Blu-ray-DVD-edition-collector.jpg

Yup, it's Theater of Blood, with Vincent Price and Diana Rigg. Made me see Shakespeare in a whole new light when I saw it the first time.

Cool artwork.
    51v516lSFNL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Note : It's Blue Skies with Fred Astaire and Bing Crosby, not The Sound of Music with Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. Yes, both movies have the same title in France.
    All on BD:
    Darkest Hour (2017) € 3,00
    Jersey Boys (2014) € 3,00
    The Big Sick (2017) € 3,00 (New)
    superman_manoftomorrow_v_dd_ka_tt_2000x3000_300dpi_en_1.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited September 2020 Posts: 17,691
    Supernova in blu ray. Sometimes I think I'm this movie's only fan... 114286_large.jpg
  • Us by Jordan Peele. Excellent movie.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Supernova in blu ray. Sometimes I think I'm this movie's only fan... 114286_large.jpg

Is that the movie that Walter Hill disowned?
    I must give it a watch!

I must give it a watch!
    Yes, and it was re-edited by Francis Ford Copolla (again, uncredited). It's not as bad as some reviews have made it out to be. In fact, I like it a LOT.
    81vvEyg9L-L._SX300_.jpg

I have mixed feelings about the film, masterful direction though gets a bit too schmaltzy. Though saw this extremely cheap, had a quick look the picture is amazing a noticeable difference to my Blu ray version of the movie. John Williams score is brilliant.

I must give it a watch!
    81vvEyg9L-L._SX300_.jpg

I have mixed feelings about the film, masterful direction though gets a bit too schmaltzy. Though saw this extremely cheap, had a quick look the picture is amazing a noticeable difference to my Blu ray version of the movie. John Williams score is brilliant.

I must be one of the few that hates E.T.!
    Never liked. Stupid looking alien, and annoying bloody kids!!

I must be one of the few that hates E.T.!
    Never liked. Stupid looking alien, and annoying bloody kids!!
    I'll admit to not owning this one. We got the DVD for my Son when he was young, and he liked it enough to watch it twice, but it's really a kid's movie.
    I like E.T., but I'll definitely concede it's a bit overhyped.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,020
    Some pre-orders from Criterion and Kino Lorber:

Released September 29th
    9C1Sv0QkPLjj5eoMqM8d1M0kAiaWoK_large.jpg

Released October 27th
    RNidF6S3Trf2Tsx8O2eriidn46V4Uo_large.jpg

Released October 27th
    738329250942.jpg

Released November 17th
    VbwzZncr0bEK58yFHtter6zkPZEVJg_large.jpg

Released November 24th
    kT0FaLFVzZ8HUvpqsoKIi98fEdZL8i_large.jpg
    As I said E.T. is schmaltzy though technically Spielberg's direction is superb, some of the camera work is as good as anything he has done.
    71KL4HvbomL._RI_.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    the-conversation-vintage-movie-poster-original-1-sheet-27x41-7767.jpg?v=1535850920