The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,459
    8686_large.jpg

Just bought this I guess it's finally been released as it's got Sir Roger in, I bought it for that reason alone.

MV5BNGI4NDBmZmUtZTM2ZS00MjBlLTg1ZjEtNDc1MWY4Y2VhMGM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Bought this boxset a few weeks back for £10 from a charity shop still in its cellophane wrapping, really enjoying rewatching the colour series great fun.

5027626247348_850.png
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    WHO_DARES_WINS_2D_BDNEW.jpg

LIVE_AND_DIE_2D_BD%20copy-500x500.png
    Ah Who Dares Wins! A guilty pleasure. Great action, great score from Roy Budd. I have it on DVD. Passed on purchasing blu ray as i dont think it would add anything (GE Phil Meheaux was on cinematography duties).
    Good late night watch!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Ah Who Dares Wins! A guilty pleasure. Great action, great score from Roy Budd. I have it on DVD. Passed on purchasing blu ray as i dont think it would add anything (GE Phil Meheaux was on cinematography duties).
    Good late night watch!

Roy Budd's theme gets alot of play at my place classic theme, I have it on DVD though not the best transfer. Arrow usually do excellent Bluray presentations that made me buy it.

Just ordered this never seen it though just watched a short synopsis video on the film that I found intriguing.

12737056?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

Just ordered this never seen it though just watched a short synopsis video on the film that I found intriguing.

I love that movie. It's pure popcorn nonsense, but visually it's crazy. One reviewer said "It looks like an explosion at a crayon factory", hehehehe.
    chrisisall wrote: »

I love that movie. It's pure popcorn nonsense, but visually it's crazy. One reviewer said "It looks like an explosion at a crayon factory", hehehehe.

Ha ha Just watched a video on YouTube saying similar things, the visuals look totally out there, the directors I like Cloud Atlas was flawed though the visuals were stunning and of course The Matrix was a classic.

Ha ha Just watched a video on YouTube saying similar things, the visuals look totally out there, the directors I like Cloud Atlas was flawed though the visuals were stunning and of course The Matrix was a classic.

It's 2 hrs of silly fun- I'm sure it'll make you smile. I am a lifelong fan of the cartoon series from the 60's, and I think they got it mostly right. A little more serious would have sat well with me, but you can't always get what you want. However, they updated the car (Mach 5) nicely. The die cast I HAD to get! r3h6mMA.jpg

It's 2 hrs of silly fun- I'm sure it'll make you smile. I am a lifelong fan of the cartoon series from the 60's, and I think they got it mostly right. A little more serious would have sat well with me, but you can't always get what you want. However, they updated the car (Mach 5) nicely. The die cast I HAD to get! r3h6mMA.jpg

Hey that's pretty cool I did not know it was based on a cartoon series, it possibly did not air in the UK? You cant beat die cast models been considering getting the Aston Martins from SP to go on a new glass shelf I just bought.

Hey that's pretty cool I did not know it was based on a cartoon series, it possibly did not air in the UK? You cant beat die cast models been considering getting the Aston Martins from SP to go on a new glass shelf I just bought.

Not being a fan you go into it with no preconceptions. But you also won't get the many fan references... I'll be really interested what you make of this crazy movie coming to it cold!

Not being a fan you go into it with no preconceptions. But you also won't get the many fan references... I'll be really interested what you make of this crazy movie coming to it cold!

Should arrive on 10th August just from the trailer it looks like there are Manga influences, one reviewer said the film goes against conventional Hollywood films which peaked my interest. I'll post on here when I have watched it, managed to get the BD for £3 bargain.
    Just ordered
    89091_large.jpg
    A GREAT movie I haven't seen PROPERLY since the 70's. VHS and the crappy DVD did NOT do it justice. I'm eagerly awaiting this one. And bonus: Pamela Hensley is in it! ;)
    Just ordered
    89091_large.jpg
    A GREAT movie I haven't seen PROPERLY since the 70's. VHS and the crappy DVD did NOT do it justice. I'm eagerly awaiting this one. And bonus: Pamela Hensley is in it! ;)

Nice not seen Rollerball probably since the 80's on TV, as I headed off for work Speedracer was in the letter box will watch that tomorrow.
    I have both films on dvd it was time to upscale both...

Packshot_043396323940_E0D76C2F.jpg.jpeg

51xskKvVZXL.jpg
    Nice.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Excellent choices there. Children of Men is easily one of the greatest films I've seen in the last fifteen years. Haven't seen 'Moon' in years but I recall it being amazing, with a really wild ending.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Excellent choices there. Children of Men is easily one of the greatest films I've seen in the last fifteen years. Haven't seen 'Moon' in years but I recall it being amazing, with a really wild ending.

I am a big fan of Alfonso Cuarón always find his films visually stunning in a way that really benefits the story telling, Moon I have on dvd though only ever watched it once I thought I may as well buy it on BD for a revisit found it for a few pounds.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Children of Men is easily one of the greatest films I've seen in the last fifteen years.

I fully endorse this statement.
    Right on both counts!

51cT6zc4AaL._SX342_.jpg

Just found this Bluray on Amazon so ordered it I had no idea this Anniversary edition existed.

5704028901015b.jpg

The special features looks decent.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    I should upscale my DVD of Moon to BD soon as well.

I watched Moon 3 times over a weekend, once with the director commentary. Just love the film and Sam Rockwell is incredible in it.

Love the 'LO-FI' special effects as well. Proving that a strong story and script beats out fancy special effects any day of the week.
    I should upscale my DVD of Moon to BD soon as well.

I watched Moon 3 times over a weekend, once with the director commentary. Just love the film and Sam Rockwell is incredible in it.

Love the 'LO-FI' special effects as well. Proving that a strong story and script beats out fancy special effects any day of the week.

The box just arrived the Bluray artwork is different than the DVD and Bluray I have seen advertised, there is a UV digital copy included also and alot of special features very good at the low price I got it for.

20746292_284042192080190_8863130857588160142_o.jpg?oh=c75e083656585ac9184595950dfff400&oe=59F3B912

Not seen this artwork online, though I do like it.
    Batman-Harley-Quinn-2D.jpeg?quality=85&strip=info&ssl=1&w=800
    Getting a head start on my 4K purchases, already have 'Terminator 2: Judgment Day' and 'Westworld: Season 1' pre-ordered. I'm sure both will look stellar in that quality.
    Getting a head start on my 4K purchases, already have 'Terminator 2: Judgment Day' and 'Westworld: Season 1' pre-ordered. I'm sure both will look stellar in that quality.

Good choices welcome to the next level of home entertainment ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    519tEw7kQAL.jpg

I am quite foggy on this film and, after having not thought of it for a decade now, I thought I'd give it a rewatch with it on the cheap. The tension and quiet somber mood of the piece and the very repressed performance from Clooney would make it a great double-bill partner for when I watch The American, so I may see these movies across two nights to see how they go together. Could be interesting.

ronin-blu-ray-widescreen_924047.jpg

One of my biggest cinephile sins is that I've not seen this film beyond the heavily touted car chase scenes, so I wanted to remedy that at some point.

51lqyy0AHgL._SX342_.jpg

I think Friedkin is a very interesting and diverse filmmaker, so I'm always looking for ways to attack his catalogue. I don't hear this one talked about much, but it seems to have a noir edge I could appreciate. On top of that we've got William Petersen and Willem Dafoe in leading roles so did you really think I was going to just put this back on the rack once I read that? Who do you think I am? WHO?!
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,504

Good choices welcome to the next level of home entertainment ;)

Why thank you! I endured a lot of favorable 4K reviews on here (particularly Jason's screenshots he was sharing from watching the Bond series in 4K), and it's been at the forefront of my mind ever since.

Once it arrives I'll likely make a point to go through every film in my collection to see how much better they look upscaled. Eagerly awaiting a James Bond 4K Collection.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 recently bought To Live And Die in L.A. was a first time watch for me, great 80's crime thriller.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 recently bought To Live And Die in L.A. was a first time watch for me, great 80's crime thriller.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I think there's a good chance I'll like it, and I'll be sure to post my thoughts in the appropriate thread when I do see it. I've bought so many movies through deals in the last months that I really need to set some free time aside to cut into them.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I think there's a good chance I'll like it, and I'll be sure to post my thoughts in the appropriate thread when I do see it. I've bought so many movies through deals in the last months that I really need to set some free time aside to cut into them.

Did you get the Arrow release of the film?

Did you get the Arrow release of the film?

Just the standard blu-ray, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I've never seen Arrow distributed blu-rays in any store in the states, actually, so I don't know if they're rare or exclusive to certain places.