The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 recently bought To Live And Die in L.A. was a first time watch for me, great 80's crime thriller.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I think there's a good chance I'll like it, and I'll be sure to post my thoughts in the appropriate thread when I do see it. I've bought so many movies through deals in the last months that I really need to set some free time aside to cut into them.

Did you get the Arrow release of the film?

Just the standard blu-ray, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I've never seen Arrow distributed blu-rays in any store in the states, actually, so I don't know if they're rare or exclusive to certain places.

I was wondering if they distributed in the States, Arrow do fantastic presentations on certainly all the releases I have bought so far. There Blurays have glossy booklets, double sided art work on the covers and excellent special features.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 recently bought To Live And Die in L.A. was a first time watch for me, great 80's crime thriller.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns, I think there's a good chance I'll like it, and I'll be sure to post my thoughts in the appropriate thread when I do see it. I've bought so many movies through deals in the last months that I really need to set some free time aside to cut into them.

Just the standard blu-ray, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I've never seen Arrow distributed blu-rays in any store in the states, actually, so I don't know if they're rare or exclusive to certain places.

I was wondering if they distributed in the States, Arrow do fantastic presentations on certainly all the releases I have bought so far. There Blurays have glossy booklets, double sided art work on the covers and excellent special features.

I want to say that most Arrow titles are Region B/2 locked, but I know there are some that are Region A/1 or at least Region Free. Some of the cover art for those Arrow titles is even better than the Criterion Collection - particularly that one you're mentioning for 'To Live And Die In L.A.'.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I want to say that most Arrow titles are Region B/2 locked, but I know there are some that are Region A/1 or at least Region Free. Some of the cover art for those Arrow titles is even better than the Criterion Collection - particularly that one you're mentioning for 'To Live And Die In L.A.'.

The BD's I have from Arrow have the original poster art and reverse is a retro cinema art cover the Remo art I loved especially, the cover of Remo hanging from the statue of liberty is good, I have a framed print of the same artwork. A few of the Arrow BD's I bought were advertised as region free.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

They do actually have a few USA only releases, so check them out. Their most recent US release is a box set of ReAnimator and like most of their stuff it's a limited edition. My favourite label, just don't have the money to buy all that I want…
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    5197SAE5KCL._SY445_.jpg

They do actually have a few USA only releases, so check them out. Their most recent US release is a box set of ReAnimator and like most of their stuff it's a limited edition. My favourite label, just don't have the money to buy all that I want…

There is an increasing library of Arrow releases, had to be disciplined and curb myself buying too many.

There is an increasing library of Arrow releases, had to be disciplined and curb myself buying too many.

Speaking of, saw a pretty cool Romero collection this morning:

https://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1007
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Speaking of, saw a pretty cool Romero collection this morning:

https://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1007

I do like the look of that box set :\
    It's got a great look to it. I've still never seen the original version of 'The Crazies,' only the remake.
    Tatort -
    Schimanski - boxset of the first eight tv movies
    Thiel und Boerne tv-movies 11-22 boxset
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2017 Posts: 8,127
    The Way Back (2010)

Dreadful. Even The American was more eventful and cheery than this. I was actually stunned when this movie ended.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    5197SAE5KCL._SY445_.jpg

I really liked that one when it came out, but seeing it again a while back wasn t so great.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    511jN149zLL.jpg and 81Mh1SnJJdL._SX342_.jpg
    91+X85ksGPL._RI_SX200_.jpg

HD download
    10045792-1318936781-193924.jpg

71q4NGsdPbL._SY445_.jpg

DVBSBS.jpg

1c6ee873-0054-467d-965f-239c9e317e12_grande.jpg?v=1473776633
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    11441324-1154496439636861.jpg
    11446730-1804505294061756.jpg
    dvd-theark.jpg
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I went to my local Best Buy to get copies of Daredevil Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 1 but they apparently don't carry them. So instead I walked out with these.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    52475183?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

Spawn - Director's Cut
    Spawn-Blu-ray.jpg

If they would do a remastered release of this movie, like updating the CGI, it would still hold up today.
    The TV show The Crow Stairways to Heaven I missed this one and am still curious.
    I went to my local Best Buy to get copies of Daredevil Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 1 but they apparently don't carry them. So instead I walked out with these.

Spawn - Director's Cut
    Spawn-Blu-ray.jpg

If they would do a remastered release of this movie, like updating the CGI, it would still hold up today.

I have Spawn on dvd always found it a mixed bag, I should probably get it on BD I have upgraded most of my Superhero/Anti Hero movies
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

I just got this today myself. *happy*
    51J%2B3vckSJL._SY300_.jpg
    I have all the films on BD though found this steelbook ridiculously cheap, had to buy it
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    5851401_sa.jpg

I'm looking forward to watching this one again. I think many of the recent MCU films have been pretty dull, but this one actually gave many of the characters some good arcs.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    DVD: American Beauty (1999) € 1,50 (NEW)
    M_Balje wrote: »
    DVD: American Beauty (1999) € 1,50 (NEW)

Great price for a great movie.
    51v4dzL4EeL.jpg

Steelbook
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Daredevil - Season 2
    11429300-1674470025872363.jpg

Finally found a copy of this on blu-ray. I'm still having trouble finding Jessica Jones - Season 1 on blu-ray.
    01-2437.jpg?w=950

Just ordered this though no Bluray release for some reason
    Well, it might solve the little problem we will certainly have over here about the programming of the various series.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Well, it might solve the little problem we will certainly have over here about the programming of the various series.

In what sense?
    Well, apart from Legends of Tomorrow, the three other series of the CWDCUniverse airs on one channel, circa 23.30 CET, and at two to three episodes a night. Given that they airs at different times, and for Legends on different channels, I doubt we'll be getting the crossover the way it's supposed to air. Especially since we are only on the first season for Supergirl, while having the first season of legends being aired, and Flash being on its thrid season, while we're still waiting for the fifth season of Arrow. So, it's rather complicated here in France to get the crossovers the way they're supposed to air. Not the first time this has happened (Third Watch / Medical Investigation, or CSI / Without a Trace).