Analyzing the Transition of Power After The U.S. Election and Beyond Into Future Global Politics

Comments

• There's a reason we have 2 different threads for the same general topic. 001 would be well advised to find his way over to the other one.

And by the way, Pierce Brosnan was a perfectly suitable Bond for his time. Those who disagree, there are other threads for them as well.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Poor Dubya, it looks like he'll lose that title of "Worst/Least Intelligent POTUS Ever."

XrKyLfN.jpg
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Poor Dubya, it looks like he'll lose that title of "Worst/Least Intelligent POTUS Ever."

XrKyLfN.jpg

To Obama ............. :))
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The hell did Obama do to you?
    There's a reason we have 2 different threads for the same general topic. 001 would be well advised to find his way over to the other one.

And by the way, Pierce Brosnan was a perfectly suitable Bond for his time. Those who disagree, there are other threads for them as well.

2 threads for the same general topic. Why?

So you think Brosnan is the Defender Of The Realm too.............. ;)
    Well, Obama is currently on my s**t list for his lack of action concerning the Standing Rock affair. So I won't be defending him much here...
  • 001 wrote: »
    2 threads for the same general topic. Why?

Because some people just don't play well together with others. You're evidently one of them.
    Well, Obama is currently on my s**t list for his lack of action concerning the Standing Rock affair. So I won't be defending him much here...

What about the lack of action in 8 years ?????????
    He promised so much and delivered so little.
    Polititians are all the same. Hopeless...............
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17,691
    001 wrote: »

ob·struc·tion
    əbˈstrəkSH(ə)n,äbˈstrəkSH(ə)n/
    noun
    the action of obstructing or the state of being obstructed.
    "they faced obstruction in carrying out their research"
    a thing that impedes or prevents passage or progress; an obstacle or blockage.
    Okay, I'll defend him a little bit.... ;)

ob·struc·tion
    əbˈstrəkSH(ə)n,äbˈstrəkSH(ə)n/
    noun
    the action of obstructing or the state of being obstructed.
    "they faced obstruction in carrying out their research"
    a thing that impedes or prevents passage or progress; an obstacle or blockage.
    Okay, I'll defend him a little bit.... ;)

You sound like a polititian too... ;))

Go ahead and defend him then. I'd love to hear your thoughts as i'm a nuetral observer.
    No, I sound like a dictionary.
    (Seems like you could use one.)
    Can you obstruct elsewhere? :))
    No, I sound like a dictionary.
    (Seems like you could use one.)
    Can you obstruct elsewhere? :))

No you sound more like a Dic*............. :))

So you can't defend Obama in any way ????? ;))
  • 001: How are you on history then? Do you remember the state of the economy when Obama took over the ship of state? Just as a reminder, GWBush had run the economy into a ditch and the Republicans in Congress were bound & determined to let the American auto industry completely go up in flames. Obama arranged a loan that kept the auto industry afloat AND was paid back before it came due...thus keeping the rust belt from becoming the tumbleweed territories. That's just in his first six months and Obama doesn't get anywhere NEAR the credit he deserves. Ball's in your court...
    The mindless comeback in 3... 2.... 1.....
    001: How are you on history then? Do you remember the state of the economy when Obama took over the ship of state? Just as a reminder, GWBush had run the economy into a ditch and the Republicans in Congress were bound & determined to let the American auto industry completely go up in flames. Obama arranged a loan that kept the auto industry afloat AND was paid back before it came due...thus keeping the rust belt from becoming the tumbleweed territories. That's just in his first six months and Obama doesn't get anywhere NEAR the credit he deserves. Ball's in your court...

I'm not a republican so relax....... :))
    That's good that you replied with something unlike chrisisall who sounds like a juvenile.

The car industry fix was a thing that his advisors may have told him what to do.
    He's a typical politician though,admit it. They are all the same............

How would you rate his job to tackle racism. It seems to have gotten worse ?

Anything else he has done for the criminals who work for the banks?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Obama should leave the White house now and let the Trumpster take over Now.

Obama treats the White house like a holiday house and wants to celebrate Christmas and New years there with his family and friends while the typical american worker actually works for a living.

:-O
    That's good that you replied with something unlike chrisisall who sounds like a juvenile.
    Okay, I'm pretty young, but please don't get all ageist on me! Young peeps get stuff that really OLD peeps over 30 do not.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 3,564
    TripAces wrote: »
    Obama should leave the White house now and let the Trumpster take over Now.

Obama treats the White house like a holiday house and wants to celebrate Christmas and New years there with his family and friends while the typical american worker actually works for a living.

:-O

Yeah, I know, Trip. Some people!
    001: How are you on history then? Do you remember the state of the economy when Obama took over the ship of state? Just as a reminder, GWBush had run the economy into a ditch and the Republicans in Congress were bound & determined to let the American auto industry completely go up in flames. Obama arranged a loan that kept the auto industry afloat AND was paid back before it came due...thus keeping the rust belt from becoming the tumbleweed territories. That's just in his first six months and Obama doesn't get anywhere NEAR the credit he deserves. Ball's in your court...

I'm not a republican so relax....... :))

The car industry fix was a thing that his advisors may have told him what to do.
    He's a typical politician though,admit it. They are all the same............

How would you rate his job to tackle racism. It seems to have gotten worse ?

Anything else he has done for the criminals who work for the banks?

I'm well aware that there are worse things in this world than Republicans, 001. People who consider themselves numbers rather than people, for instance.

So it's OBAMA's job to tackle racism all by himself, is it? I beg to differ: it's EVERYone's job, and you don't seem to be holding up your end of things. For that matter, the battle against racism and income inequality and lots of other nasty stuff would be a lot farther along if the Rekpublican Party in general and Donald Trump in particular hadn't spent the last eight years trying their best to disparage Obama's very right to serve as President.

No Obama's not a typical politician, far from it. He's not a "billionaire" aiming to make himself a Trillionaire either, and that's more than Trump can say for himself. The car industry thing you think maybe you'll accept as a benefit to the working people of this country -- but surely that couldn't have been Obama's doing at all, oh no, it must have been something his advisors told him to do. I won't for a moment allow that assumption to go unremarked -- but even if 'twere so, at least Obama must have chosen some pretty good, competent, and qualified advisors! Again, that's more than Donnie can claim.

And the criminals who work for the banks? Maybe that's Elizabeth Warren's job, hmmm? What did you think of her performance against Wells Fargo then? Strong enough for you? I think Liz will be having LOTS of fun with Our Orangelord in the times ahead... she seemed to get under his thin skin pretty well during the campaign!
    The bankers are ruining america and the politicians aren't doing anything about it.
    Every politician has advisors and plenty of them.
    Obama as 8 years as president will be remembered for doing nothing.
    He talks the talk but didn't Walk the walk.Like W bush. Clinton will be remembered for having oral sex with monica L.

Aren't you sick of politicians ??????????
    Americans are sick of politicians and voted in trump who isn't a politician but a business man.
    Let's see how he does as president before judging him.

They campaign for 12 months and then after they win the election have to wait about 2 and a half months to start the job ?????? How stupid is that ??????? What a waste of time.
    He talks the talk but didn't Walk the walk.
    Simplistic, jingoistic tripe. But it has to do when ya got nuthin' else, I guess.

:))
    He talks the talk but didn't Walk the walk.
    Simplistic, jingoistic tripe. But it has to do when ya got nuthin' else, I guess.

:))

You voted for him didn't you.... :)) You Democrat you........... :D
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    In other news, Fidel Castro is dead.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The bankers are ruining america and the politicians aren't doing anything about it.
    Every politician has advisors and plenty of them.
    He talks the talk but didn't Walk the walk.Like W bush. Clinton will be remembered for having oral sex with monica L.

Aren't you sick of politicians ??????????
    Americans are sick of politicians and voted in trump who isn't a politician but a business man.
    Let's see how he does as president before judging him.

They campaign for 12 months and then after they win the election have to wait about 2 and a half months to start the job ?????? How stupid is that ??????? What a waste of time.

1. Sick of politicians? Then why did all of the career politicians end up back in congress?
    2. Take a look at what Trump has done with his cabinet.

And you thought you were voting for something different? To "drain the swamp?"

Here is the #1 issue: most Americans don't understand how the government works. The President is not a dictator. He actually has very limited power. Congress writes legislation, not the President. He can only sign bills that Congress gives him.

To whine about Obama is to openly admit ignorance about how this relationship works between the Executive and Legislative branches of government. For six years, Obama had a legislative branch made of of kindergartners. They refused to write laws, refused to compromise, and did whatever they could to hurt the President personally, not caring about how it hurt the country as a whole. And then they had a phony news network spinning that tale as "Obama's mean and polarizing."
    The title says it all. Extended Martial law cancels debt.

51Wc8eDci6L._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Interesting read. Harry Reid is retiring, but going out not holding back. A look at what he had written to Comey in the past couple of months. There are links within this you can read further if you'd like to.

Russia meddling in the U.S. election.

linked story: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-making-inquiry-ex-trump-campaign-manager-s-foreign-ties-n675881

Senator Reid's website.
    http://www.reid.senate.gov/
    OK, here is one in full. Senator Reid:
    Donald Trump Has Done Nothing To Heal the Wounds That He Created
    November 17, 2016 | Press Releases
    “Two days ago I came here and called upon our President-elect to rise to the dignity of his office. I called upon Donald Trump to take responsibility for his rhetoric and his actions, to work to heal the wounds that he created. Our President-elect has chosen to do none of those things.”

“On Tuesday, I said that the Southern Poverty Law Center had reported 315 hate crime since the election. As of yesterday – that was Wednesday – that number jumped to 437. That’s a 40% increase in only two days. That’s startling.”

“There’s only one person who can bring a stop to that quickly, and that’s the President-elect. Our nation is looking at Donald Trump to do something. For the sake of the American people, I hope he will.”

Washington, D.C. – Nevada Senator Harry Reid spoke on the Senate floor today calling on President-elect Donald Trump to do something to end to the vile acts of hate and intimidation happening across America:

Two days ago I came here and called upon our President-elect to rise to the dignity of his office. I called upon Donald Trump to take responsibility for his rhetoric and his actions, to work to heal the wounds that he created. Our President-elect has chosen to do none of those things.

Meanwhile, vile acts of hate and intimidation continue to occur all across America.

On Tuesday, I said that the Southern Poverty Law Center had reported 315 hate crime since the election. As of yesterday – that was Wednesday – that number jumped to 437. That’s a 40% increase in only two days. That’s startling.

Some of the instances, I will ask this be entered into the record that little bit, but I’m only going to pick a few of these.

For example, in Michigan, a Latino family awoke to find that someone has used boxes to form a wall blocking their driveway. The perpetrators left behind vulgar graffiti that denigrated Mexican Americans and praised Donald Trump for ‘taking back America.’

In Tennessee, two men returned home to find a threatening, homophobic note. Using gay slurs, the message told the men to go back where they came from. A folding knife with a picture of Donald Trump on the handle was stabbed through the paper.

At a high school in Missouri, a 15-year old African American student was burned with a hot glue gun and told that he didn’t belong in America. Another African American student at that same school was told by a white student – quote: “Are you ready to get back on the boat now that Trump is president?”

This morning the Washington Post Editorial Board related the story of a student at Baylor University. Listen to this:

“The morning after Donald Trump’s election as president, a student at Baylor University had a nasty, hate-filled encounter on her way to class. A native of Zambia, she was called the n-word by another student, who shoved her off the sidewalk and said he was ‘just trying to make America great again,’ the signature slogan of Mr. Trump’s campaign. What is perhaps most appalling about the incident is that it was not isolated.”

As I said, I picked just a few, a few simple examples. But in this 17-page document, I ask now it be made part of the record. There are hundreds of the same kinds of things happening, as we speak, around the country. These are sickening acts of hate, prejudice, and simple meanness. And they need to be stopped.

The Washington Post Editorial Board called on Donald Trump to do everything he can to bring these attacks to an end. This is what they said – and I quote:

“Mr. Trump should pay heed. These hateful acts are the work of a tiny minority of his supporters, but they have been emboldened by the ugly rhetoric of his presidential campaign. It is his responsibility — not, as his campaign manager has foolishly suggested, President Obama’s or Hillary Clinton’s — to do as much as he can to discourage such actions. Granted, his appointment of media mogul Stephen K. Bannon to a top White House job makes that all the more difficult. So does his mild response when asked about the threats and slurs in Sunday’s “60 Minutes” interview. Only when he was pressed could he muster an “I am so saddened to hear that. . . . Stop it.”

“Mr. Trump promised in his victory speech to be a president for all Americans. His wife has said she wants to make fighting hate and bullying her main priority as first lady. They need not wait until Inauguration Day to start living up to those promises.”

Seventeen pages of these hate-filled, awful things is too much. There’s only one person who can bring a stop to that quickly, and that’s the President-elect. Our nation is looking at Donald Trump to do something. For the sake of the American people, I hope he will.

And thanks, @TripAces for the info.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Yes, @chrisisall, this country has elected an autocrat, one that has his ego front and center as his driving force, and one easily influenced by others. When he has executive powers, it will be ... interesting (in a train wreck kind of way, to put it politely), eye opening. The Republicans will try to keep him in line; he is for sure not a genuine Republican. There will be subtle things we may easily miss. There will be bread crumbs given, some good things pushed ahead. But look at the overall picture and underneath the slogans and rhetoric. We just need to be aware, all the time. Do not accept normalization of things that go against our civil rights, our Constituion, our laws - do not be complacent. It is tiring, sure. But this is unlike anything we have had in our country before.
    Yes, the single worst aspect of Trump winning- the real nuts don't feel they have to hide their shit anymore....
    Yes, I have two overriding concerns: the rise of racist hate crimes/overall politicized violence and the media being compliant, not investigative or standing up when we need them to more than ever. The extreme racists are popping up everywhere. When we see this spreading via children at school, that is another sickening stab into the heart or our society.
This discussion has been closed.