The 2nd Annual MI6 Community Awards Nomination Week #1- Nominations for Biggest Fans of Bond Actors

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
in Trivia & Games Posts: 28,694
Here we are at the opening ceremonies of sorts of the revamped and 2nd MI6 Community Awards.

The rules here are simple. Each week I will open a thread featuring at least five specific categories of the awards for members to vote for nominees on, as listed at the bottom of page 4 in this thread here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7804/the-mi6-community-awards-will-return-the-feedback-and-updates-thread/p4

Every voting thread will be open from Monday to Sunday, at which point nominee selection for those particular categories will end and a new group of categories will be put up for selection that next Monday. The cycle will repeat until we reach the end of the nominations, after which all the nominees in all the categories shall be collected into a final voting thread where a winner will be selected.

This first week, you will all be voting on some of the bigger categories; to be more specific, the biggest Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan and Craig fans.

Instead of picking one category to vote on each day Monday to Friday, I think the system will work better if each member voting in the nomination period of the awards lists all their desired nominations in one post providing their selection for all the categories. Each member's post should like this this, then, using this week as an example:

Biggest Sean Connery Fan
Biggest George Lazenby Fan
Biggest Roger Moore Fan
Biggest Timothy Dalton Fan
Biggest Pierce Brosnan Fan
Biggest Daniel Craig Fan
Every member will be able to select up to three nominees for each category, and after the nomination period ends, all the nominees will be collected later on in a final voting thread, where the top picks will be tallied and a winner selected.

If anyone has an further questions for me or @Creasy47, who will be helping me run this thing throughout the coming weeks, feel free to post in the main MI6 Community Awards thread I linked to at the top of this post, or send us a PM stating any suggestions or inquiries you may have.

With all this out of the way, consider the 2nd Annual MI6 Community Awards officially kicked off, and let the voting begin!

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This thread has failed to get traction, so I'm bumping it with my own votes in the hopes of getting it off the ground.

These categories are by far the hardest to decide on picks for, because MI6C for my money contains some of the most passionate fans of these actors inside and outside their time as Bond that I may ever speak with. It was beyond brutal choosing just three nominees for each Bond actor. Let it be known that I love you all regardless, and no hard feelings are meant by any exclusions. I expect other members to pick up my slack with their nominations too, of course. ;)

Biggest Sean Connery Fan
    @timmer
    @sirseanisbond
    @Birdleson

Biggest George Lazenby Fan
    @GeorgeLazenby
    @TheWizardOfIce
    @OHMSS69

Biggest Roger Moore Fan
    @DaltonCraig007
    @SaintMark
    @RogueAgent

Biggest Timothy Dalton Fan
    @DarthDimi
    @MajorDSmythe
    @chrisisall

Biggest Pierce Brosnan Fan
    @Creasy47
    @Murdock
    @ClarkDevlin

Biggest Daniel Craig Fan
    @Germanlady
    @JWESTBROOK
    @Gustav_Graves
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Thanks for the mention, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I certainly appreciate it. :)

Even though I'm more in Moore's league than Brosnan, sometimes I can't resist but stand up for the latter.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm proud to be selected as a fierce Daltonite.
    There's a Tim in all of us, people. And sometimes, you need to reach out and find your inner Tim.

Also, this:
    timothy-dalton-james-bond-timothy-dalton-daniel-craig-badass-demotivational-poster-1242459332.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm so happy to be included I could run from a tank!
    R7rmv68l.jpg
    I got your back, mate.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    As a fan of Our Lord & Savior Timothy Dalton, it's an honour to be nominated in that category. I would never resort to bribery, but if anyone votes for me, i'll send you a Kennworth Tanker full of... "fuel".
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    ....and a funnel.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Let's get this party started-

SEAN CONNERY- @timmer

GEORGE LAZENBY- @GeorgeLazenby

ROGER MOORE- @RC7

TIMOTHY DALTON- @chrisisall

PIERCE BROSNAN- @Murdock

DANIEL CRAIG- @Gustav_Graves

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Thanks for the nomination!

roger-moore-33333.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Let's get this party started-

SEAN CONNERY- @timmer

GEORGE LAZENBY- @GeorgeLazenby

ROGER MOORE- @RC7

TIMOTHY DALTON- @chrisisall

PIERCE BROSNAN- @Murdock

DANIEL CRAIG- @Gustav_Graves

Thank you for kicking things off, @MayDayDiVicenzo.

I would appreciate it if everyone else contributed other nominees they see as worthy of a nod.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @DaltonCraig007 is a no-brainer for biggest Roger Moore fan.
    The fact alone TMWTGG is his favourite Bond movie proves it.

@Germanlady is by far the biggest fan of Daniel Craig.
    Does really anyone doubt that. No contest. A sure win.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 2,189
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm flattered to be nominated by you for biggest Connery fan. As it turns out, my first name is also Sean, which accounts for my profile name, but part of the name is also a homage to the great Connery, and I would not doubt that I am also probably one of Sean's biggest fans here! Again, thank you!
    My votes.

Sean Connery - @Birdleson

George Lazenby - @TheWizardOfIce

Roger Moore - @DaltonCraig007

Timothy Dalton - @chrisisall

Pierce Brosnan - @Creasy47

Daniel Craig - @Gustav_Graves
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Biggest Sean Connery Fan: @Birdleson
    Keep up the good work.

Biggest George Lazenby Fan: @TheWizardOfIce

Biggest Roger Moore Fan: @SaintMark

Biggest Timothy Dalton Fan: @chrisisall
    Probably my favorite 'homer' on this site. Straight up says whatever he wants!

Biggest Pierce Brosnan Fan: @Murdock
    For Creasy I get the feeling it's more about escapism, but for Murdock it's one level beyond that. I could be wrong!

Biggest Daniel Craig Fan: @Gustav_Graves
    I may have went with Germanlady, but the poster quadrilogy / tetralogy topic sealed it.

I had to bias them slightly toward the conversions I've shared with the nominees.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Mansfield wrote: »

Biggest Timothy Dalton Fan: @chrisisall
    Probably my favorite 'homer' on this site. Straight up says whatever he wants!

Tim rocks. Sean was also good.
    Thanks. Words can't describe my love and appreciation for Pierce's Bond. :D
    Biggest Craig fan : @Germanlady ....no contest ,she has practically moved in with him !!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Biggest Sean Connery fan: @Birdleson
    Biggest George Lazenby fan: @TheWizardOfIce
    Biggest Roger Moore fan: @SaintMark
    Biggest Timothy Dalton fan: @MajorDSmythe
    Biggest Pierce Brosnan fan: @Murdock
    Biggest Daniel Craig fan: @Gustav_Graves
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    To whomever wins the biggest Pierce Brosnan fan category: My deepest sympathies.
    You folks don't have to nominate those that I did as well; you can feel free to pick other members you also deem worthy of each "award."

Choosing nominees Biggest Dalton Fan nearly gave me an aneurysm, for example, so I know there are plenty more nominees in just that category alone to honor with a nod.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Well I am a huge Timothy Dalton fan ha!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm a huge Brosnan fan myself, but @Murdock is definitely worthy of that award.
    I'm the biggest fan of myself....
    Biggest Roger Moore fan is me.
    I nominate @Thunderfinger and @Getafix for biggest closet Brosnan fan.
    Wow, I feel so humble now and promise to be a good representative for all Brosnan fans if I win.
    You folks don't have to nominate those that I did as well; you can feel free to pick other members you also deem worthy of each "award."

Choosing nominees Biggest Dalton Fan nearly gave me an aneurysm, for example, so I know there are plenty more nominees in just that category alone to honor with a nod.

I was being serious. :-<
    Wow, I feel so humble now and promise to be a good representative for all Brosnan fans if I win.

I am serious as well. Please vote for me, dear, dear fellow humans. You won t regret it in your lifetime.

I am serious as well. Please vote for me, dear, dear fellow humans. You won t regret it in your lifetime.
    Here by the Order of PierceBrosnanIsTheBestJamesBond Empire, @Thunderfinger you are knighted.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    I'm so happy to be included I could run from a tank!
    R7rmv68l.jpg
    Hahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!!

=))