The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    barryt007 wrote: »
    The fight between Franks and Bond is really under-rated and brutal...

A fight broke out in the middle of a comedy!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Birdleson, I agree... DAF is up there for me (mid-pack. Highly entertaining. Connery's out of shape, but on his toes); my favorite line being "I'm afraid you caught me with more than my hands up"...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    p.s. @Birdleson, it helps that Barry's work was, once again, just plain awesome
    peter wrote: »
    p.s. @Birdleson, it helps that Barry's work was, once again, just plain awesome

Thanks ,as Connery's stand in,i did give Tiffany a good seeing to....

Bugger ,you mean the late,great John Barry don't you @peter
  • peterpeter Toronto
    No, no, @barryt007, you were correct the first time: I was talking about the uncut and unrated version of DAF, where it's clear you certainly gave Tiffany a good time (but only when she was a blonde)...

But yes, John Barry's score was quite good, wasn't it?
    No, no, @barryt007, you were correct the first time: I was talking about the uncut and unrated version of DAF, where it's clear you certainly gave Tiffany a good time (but only when she was a blonde)...

But yes, John Barry's score was quite good, wasn't it?

It was,but its difficult to shag to..my fellow namesake did a great job,but when Tiffany's wig came off and I realised she was a redhead I went for glory !!!!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @barryt007, as only any true blooded man would!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I've started to re-watch DAF again, and it's the closest thing to a live-action LOONEY-TUNES cartoon, starring James Bond-- and I say that in a good way!
    I've started to re-watch DAF again, and it's the closest thing to a live-action LOONEY-TUNES cartoon, starring James Bond-- and I say that in a good way!

But it is so difficult to hate compared to ,say, MR imo.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    absolutely, @barryt007 , this is non-stop fun, with great actors camping it up...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited July 2017 Posts: 8,548
    "I'll have two stacks now"-- Connery is still commanding, even without trying..
    I'm at the Bambi & Thumper stage !
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

That man is effortlessly cool. He never has to try.

DAF was the last Bond movie I watched, and you lot already have me wanting to pop it in again.
    The ending of DAF where Bond finds about Blofelds stupid oil rig by throwing out names is so random and crap...aw well,i've come this far,but I hate this bit.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That man is effortlessly cool. He never has to try.

DAF was the last Bond movie I watched, and you lot already have me wanting to pop it in again.

Oh its fine my old friend,well worth a pop in the old DVD....doesn't descend to stupidness ala MR...
    The ending of DAF where Bond finds about Blofelds stupid oil rig by throwing out names is so random and crap...aw well,i've come this far,but I hate this bit.

Along with that, why would Blofeld leave such an obvious clue there? He obviously knows the purpose of the oil rig, why he had to go out and buy a miniature to add to the rest of Whyte's property miniatures is beyond me.

Along with that, why would Blofeld leave such an obvious clue there? He obviously knows the purpose of the oil rig, why he had to go out and buy a miniature to add to the rest of Whyte's property miniatures is beyond me.

It was probably on offer at Tesco or Walmart/Asda....'Blofeld oil rig half price while stocks last '
    @barryt007, I love a good sale so I can't fault him for that.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 19,339
    @barryt007, I love a good sale so I can't fault him for that.

Fair play...I must admit though ,as I'm watching it,the part where Bond is under the rig on the rope ,the gun shots bouncing around ,producing all the little smoke clouds is impressive,a small titbit but always something i have liked,adding a little realism.

And its good to hear the 007 theme played for the last time ex MR.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I love how Tiffany treats Bond like an idiot in Las Vegas... thinking she's tricked him in letting her handle the diamonds
    I love how Tiffany treats Bond like an idiot in Las Vegas... thinking she's tricked him in letting her handle the diamonds

Indeed. Bond quietly owns the upper hand from the moment he rings her doorbell.
    Though I have always wondered why she greets the real Franks with the same "Third floor" line. She thought she already met him, why tell him what he already knows?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    good one @Creasy47 -- this, for me, is: I never noticed that before... Good catch
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Birdleson, I agree... DAF is up there for me (mid-pack. Highly entertaining. Connery's out of shape, but on his toes); my favorite line being "I'm afraid you caught me with more than my hands up"...

Why doesn t he just say it straight out?

"I have a boner."
  • peterpeter Toronto

Why doesn t he just say it straight out?

"I have a boner."

The Sean Connery way of saying "I have a boner" is, naturally, far cooler (and if his words were cool, his delivery was ice)...
    Watching DAF right now actually.
    The Zambora sequence is playing.
    Moon buggy!!!! Great Barry score that I tend to hum to as it plays.
    I've never been to Vegas. I imagine if one wanted to drive along the route Bond 's Mustang chase takes place, it might be difficult to find those exact spots now.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    There are enough landmarks that you can still figure it out. I go often (much as I dislike the place, others in my life seem to think it's a swell place to visit).

Someday I'd love to visit if only for the Bond locations.

Blofeld in drag sequence. I still don't think it works- however worth it just for Q's little bit.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Blofeld should have disguised himself as Ted Knight. :))