The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    On the male stunt man idea. I always find it funny in YOLT when Aki has to
    Climb down the rope. As it too is obviously a thin stuntman.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    On the male stunt man idea. I always find it funny in YOLT when Aki has to
    Climb down the rope. As it too is obviously a thin stuntman.

Or when Pussfeller turns into a white man during the tussle with Bond in DN. Someone pointed that out in the last few months to me, couldn't believe I never caught it.
    Yes, lots of funny moments. Although these modern girls do their own stunts.
    The YOLT moment is so obvious its actually funny in what is supposed to be a serious scene !
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I give up with you Rosie haters ... ;)

I always liked Rosie.

Solitaire seduction scene. That's a good idea. I should get a stack of cards slightly stacked in my favor.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I give up with you Rosie haters ... ;)

I always liked Rosie.

Solitaire seduction scene. That's a good idea. I should get a stack of cards slightly stacked in my favor.

Wow you are the first !!..bravo Sir..

It's going to be a beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful day.
    One of my favorite airport scenes in cinematic history: rivaling the climax of CASABLANCA.

"Well hello, Jim! What's happening, baby?
    Just ease back now, Jim. RELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX. Mr Big wants to see you".
    Yes, lots of funny moments. Although these modern girls do their own stunts.

Do they? It's a genuine question, I just assumed most of them still opt for a stunt double, but in today's day and age it's much easier to hide that sort of thing.
    Can't say I've watched that closely unless it's Scarlet Johansson, as I've studied her very closely !
    Although seriously, I'd expect it would be a lady stunt person these days, with a very close body
    Shape ?
    I love when Felix is taking Mr Blinker's crap over the phone.

Then he completely tunes him out to give Bond an update. I love it.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Then he completely tunes him out to give Bond an update. I love it.

It's a great scene.
    Nearing the end of the boat chase. Tommy Lane has some great facial expressions as he's circling around wondering where Bond's boat went. I remember a kid in elementary school, who whenever he'd get into a beef with someone, made those exact facial expressions.
  • Watching TMWTGG right now, I love how much of a bastard Roger Moore is in this film, it makes the movie so unique from his other installments.
    Watching TMWTGG right now, I love how much of a bastard Roger Moore is in this film, it makes the movie so unique from his other installments.

Agreed! That was one of the big things that made such a huge turnaround for me (in terms of enjoyment) regarding TMWTGG, particularly the scene where he first meets Andrea. Sarcastic, cold, rude, and puts some physical hurting on her, too.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Watching TMWTGG right now, I love how much of a bastard Roger Moore is in this film, it makes the movie so unique from his other installments.

Agreed! That was one of the big things that made such a huge turnaround for me (in terms of enjoyment) regarding TMWTGG, particularly the scene where he first meets Andrea. Sarcastic, cold, rude, and puts some physical hurting on her, too.

I always don't get the complains regarding Moore in TMWTGG. Moore is playing Bond how he SHOULD be played, a man willing to go to any extremes to achieve his objective, even if it means slapping a woman around. The rudeness that Moore has towards Goodnight is something I find amusing as well, particularly in the hotel room scene with the two of them and Andrea.

"Don't worry, your time will come!"

Love it.

I always don't get the complains regarding Moore in TMWTGG. Moore is playing Bond how he SHOULD be played, a man willing to go to any extremes to achieve his objective, even if it means slapping a woman around. The rudeness that Moore has towards Goodnight is something I find amusing as well, particularly in the hotel room scene with the two of them and Andrea.

Love it.

Even the obvious frustration on his face when he first runs into Goodnight is great. He's definitely a bit of a dick in the movie, but I love it.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

Love it.

Even the obvious frustration on his face when he first runs into Goodnight is great. He's definitely a bit of a dick in the movie, but I love it.

Also when he pushes the kid into the canal. I remember Moore not being too fond of that but I just think it's hilarious, probably moment in the film.

"I'm afraid I'll have to owe you"
    "Bloody Tourist!"
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I know many don't like the tougher edge he brought to this film, thinking it didn't suit him or his portrayal.

I on the other hand think only he could have pulled this kind of 'cold a$$#@!#' off, because his natural smooth charm balanced the tougher edge nicely.

I think it's his best performance as Bond by far.
    Would've been interesting to see him maintain that same style of Bond in a few more films, before it started to get very lighthearted and much more comedic.
  • Well they did bring back some of those characteristics for FYEO, but other than that his performances were the same somewhat.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I always thought he brought a lot of the tougher Bondian attributes to his character in Gold. It was made around the same time as TMWTGG. I'm going to give that watch again this weekend.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    I always thought he brought a lot of the tougher Bondian attributes to his character in Gold. It was made around the same time as TMWTGG. I'm going to give that watch again this weekend.

Directed by Peter Hunt as well. I'll need to watch that film too!
    Gold is VERY underated ..
    Watching AVTAK. Nice music but still all feeling quite limp and blandly directed.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited May 2017 Posts: 2,721
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I loves this Goddamned movie, always have. It's never fallen lower than 8 in my rankings. No new observations (as with the other entries, I reviewed it in depth in our MI6 Community Bondathon thread), but Roger is do cool ; almost unbelievably so. I predict that sometime soon LALD will be the next Bond film to be rediscovered as one of the truly great ones by both casual fans and us types.

You'll get no argument from me!

My favourite Moore film. This film gets by on style. Awesome atmosphere, great cast of villains, best non-Barry score in the series, killer title song, excellent opening titles, mysterious plot, iconic action sequences and with the crocodile farm it has one of the best Bond escapes in the series. All of it with Moore being suave and looking so damn cool in the black turtleneck with holster and magnum in one hand and sword in the other fight the embodiment of death.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I loves this Goddamned movie, always have. It's never fallen lower than 8 in my rankings. No new observations (as with the other entries, I reviewed it in depth in our MI6 Community Bondathon thread), but Roger is so cool ; almost unbelievably so. I predict that sometime soon LALD will be the next Bond film to be rediscovered as one of the truly great ones by both casual fans and us types.

Like Dr No for Connery, LALD is the best Moore performance and Hamilton the best director for him. He has the charm and his own personality, and I love how he has his cigars. Later entries he becomes overshadowed by the film, much like what happened with Connery and Craig.
    Just switched on FYEO.
    The OTT "Blofeld" voice and constant cackle is pretty daft.