The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Possibility, @Milovy. I know that those title sequences take a very long time to put together.

Train fight: I recall someone mentioning recently that Hinx's eye-gouging technique is repeated in the train fight, but I'm afraid that it isn't. There's a moment where Hinx is compressing Bond's skull from behind with a slight crunching sound effect. Isn't going for Bond's eyes though.

Hinx is bloody scary in that fight..i still watch it in disbelief ,not believing CraigBond got 10 bells kicked out of him in that fight...
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    Possibility, @Milovy. I know that those title sequences take a very long time to put together.

Train fight: I recall someone mentioning recently that Hinx's eye-gouging technique is repeated in the train fight, but I'm afraid that it isn't. There's a moment where Hinx is compressing Bond's skull from behind with a slight crunching sound effect. Isn't going for Bond's eyes though.

Hinx is bloody scary in that fight..i still watch it in disbelief ,not believing CraigBond got 10 bells kicked out of him in that fight...

He is. Bond takes some seriously brutal blows.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    So everybody in SPECTRE is multilingual. I'm no linguist, but if everyone understands each other's languages, wouldn't it be easiest to simply choose one language and conduct the entire meeting in it? Have to imagine that would be murder on your brain's electrodes, switching back and forth between languages every time a new person speaks.

I quite like that, it shows SPECTRE as a truly global entity.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    DIE ANOTHER DAY

soon at this theatre in....10 minutes
    Gun-barrel

Even this somewhat CGI Gun-barrel is still 100 times better than the crap we got dished up in the current era.

Brosnan just looks fantastic. Wow. Now that's what Bond should look like!
    Surfing scene 1: beats me how this perfect introduction into the film gets overlooked, instead of bashing the 10 seconds of CGI surfing later people should praise this one.
    Real stunts, real water and exciting and evoking Bond's best times.
    @ClarkDevlin
    watching DAD right now, maybe you'll like what I have to say about it haha...

Colonel Moon's H.Q. in the PTS, now that's what I call set building in an open area.
    Truly amazing!

EON simply produces the overall best PTS' with Brosnan, arguably the best era ever for PTS' only rivalled by Moore probably, imho

The score is bloody fantastic, David Arnold is a genius and has put his stamp on Bond like no one did, except for the master himself John Barry.
    The Hovercraft Chase:

The last truly epic original chase sequence in the series. I wonder how EON could have become so lazy never to even try to be that original again.
    The plane/car chase is fantastic though in SP.
    A little bit of back projection in the hovercraft chase for the close ups but it's easily forgiven.

Beautiful model work when the hovercraft crashes through the gate!! I wish they would do stuff like that nowadays.

The title sequence is innovative and beautiful and it even contains film footage that moves the story forward.
    Kleinman at his best!!

Madonna's DAD song is not very pleasurable to listen to but it's at least not a catastrophe like AWTD.

Pierce Brosnan's acting is top notch and you can easily see he is at least as good an actor as Craig.
    The torture scene funnily reminds me of CR's. But this one is realistic and gritty and doesn't feature a pumped up model body to show off.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 11,189
    I think Brozza's best moment in the film is the scene when he's walking across the bridge. It's a moment where I actually feel for the character and hold my breath just a bit.

Though the unconvincing CG mist undermines the scene a little.
    I'm at that point shortly. CGI mist? Never realised that, must take a look in that case.
    The mist that reveals Zao.
    Now I saw it. Indeed. But that's really a minor thing I think.

The black and white flashbacks. Just proves that everything that people think was innovative in CR, has already been done in the Brosnan era.

The coldhearted bitch is back haha...Dench can be so mean bloody hell!!
    Cuba.

Tamahori is excellent. Beautiful direction and beautiful cinematography too.
    Sure, the slo-mo effect seems silly but that's a minor complaint when you see how good Tamahori is at everything else.

Enter Jinx 36 minutes into the film. One of the iconic moments in the series.
    What was SF's iconic moment? The DB5 getting blown up...or...."Mommy...was...verybad" hahaha...

Sorry, back to topic.

The sexually charged dialogue at the beach bar is fantastic and the sex/love scene that follows makes perfect sense.

Brosnan is as convincing here as was Connery in his best days.
    The island clinic.

What a bloody great sequence from start to finish.

Halle Berry has all the moves. Look how she handles the gun and how she moves relentlessly to get Zao.

Her CGI fall is a bit too obvious CGI but then Patrice in SF isn't any better and that's 10 years later!!!

LONDON CALLING enter Gustav Graves.
    Well that's an entrance.

London is always a good location to shoot for Bond and can never be overused in my opinion. So happy it got featured so heavily in SPECTRE.

We are already 50 minutes into the film and this is truly one of the best Bond hours, or at least up there with many others.
    The fencing sequence.

Again, the last time in the series, that a truly amazing, original and innovative fight took place.
    The train fight in SPECTRE is spectacularly great though!
    the sub-way station with M, Q and the old gadgets room.

A great short homage to 40 years of Bond. Seeing all the past famous gadgets is a great treat and John Cleese actually is rather good to watch here. He would never have made a Q like Desmond but he tried at least.

ICELAND
    Now the cinematography and direction is splendid. Never mind the (very few) slo-mo scenes.
    The Ice Palace is truly innovative and great and even if it's not Ken Adam level it's still great and looking real enough.

Halle Berry breaking in. The red-leather-suit, loading the weapon in Bond style.
    WOW WOW WOW WOW!

Honestly, up to now, Berry just nails it and Jinx is a great Bond girl, if very one-dimensional.

Rosamund Pike as Miranda Frost is a pleasure to watch. Deservedly that actress got quite a career later.

The sex witty talk is maybe not up to Moore level.
    "Really? I take it Mr Bond's been explaining his big-bang theory. Oh, yeah, I think I got the thrust of it."
    But some of those still have become classics and deservedly so.
    Ha ha, if I take even more breaks to write here and in other threads it will be midnight until I finish the bloody film :P
    Oh what a film! Splendid!

Honestly, the car chase on ice is fantastic.
    The melting ice palace is original.

I love the Icarus, even if it is a tad to sci-fi for Bond, or is it at all?

The plane sequence is good too. I never minded the robo-suit. The special effects worked in 2002 and they work now.

Overall, DAD has aged beautifully and it's the last true fun Bond film.

Pierce Brosnan is simply commanding the screen. People how think he isn't a good actor must be blind.

Halle Berry doesn't speak much actually. Most of her scenes are bad ass and almost without dialogue.

Again, the movie gets slammed for 10 seconds of bad CGI, maybe two rather silly lines from Jinx and for the sci-fi plot.

Agreed, I never bought the gen-therapy nonsense either but that doesn't really bother me much.

I love Moneypenny's virtual reality scene. FINALLY we get to see Bond and MP getting it on. Even if it's just an illusion.

Samantha Bond and Pierce Brosnan had such great chemistry.

The film belongs to my favourites when it comes to re-watchability, fun and entertainment. I take DAD anytime over drab and dreary SF.

NEXT UP: SPECTRE
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Hmm. Why SPECTRE.
    Why not?

I love SPECTRE, seen it 13 times at the cinema and my last viewing was last October!

It's a solid Top 10 entry for me. For now it's No 7 after GF and DN.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Great to hear--I love it myself. Just seemed like a jump.
    I am a bit obsessed with certain patterns he he...

I watched TWINE/SF and now it's DAD/SP....I guess you see the pattern...

I watched DN/FRWL and CR/QOS in that order earlier this week.
    I may be due for some Brosnan Bond soon. Recently watched The Thomas Crown Affair and am feeling a Brosnan fix coming on.
    TWINE or DAD might fit the bill
    Look out for that bitch Elektra, she just may betray you when you last think of it @ToTheRight haha...

...same for darling Miranda haha...
    Look out for that bitch Elektra, she just may betray you when you last think of it @ToTheRight haha...

...same for darling Miranda haha...

Very true. Especially Elektra. I always liked Cigar Girl (one of my favorite Brosnan Bond beauties). Pity the role was confined to the PTS.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    My goodness the Koskov defection scenes are some of my favorite in all of cinema.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    My goodness the Koskov defection scenes are some of my favorite in all of cinema.

So TLD isn't perfect but scenes like that are why i have it at no 1
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    edited June 2017 Posts: 3,349
    @w2bond It's #2 for me but threatening #1!

Koskov is an underrated villain in my book his acting of a double agent is fantastic in both defection and his abduction at the safe house.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    @w2bond It's #2 for me but threatening #1!

Koskov is an underrated villain in my book his acting of a double agent is fantastic in both defection and his abduction at the safe house.

I think the villains are a weak point but it doesn't spoil my enjoyment. I like Necros though.

During my recent Bondathon I thought TLD's spot would be threatened but it hung on, so many brilliant scenes