The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Booting up Live and Let Die... thoughts to follow.

• edited May 2017 Posts: 11,189
    I was watching the opening of Spy yesterday with M, Q, Grey, Bond and Admiral Hargreaves and thinking: "ALL the main actors in this scene have gone now".
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I'll be popping it in in a few hours.

That sounds like a RogerBond one-liner there he he ;)

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I really love the " hurt schoolboy" look Roger gives XXX when she asked if he's
    Trying to seduce her, as he delivers the killer line " The thought never crossed
    My mind !"
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Id never been a fan of Hamilton. But I've had a reappraisal of Goldfinger and now it's live and let die's turn. Such a lovely product of the times. I've never had a problem with the film except mostly with the poor choreography and long sequences. It's certainly Moore's (rip) best performance and he made the part his own in the first two, and Hamilton's tongue in cheek style fit Moore's perfectly. Tom's script, larger than life villains, unique theme, iconic stunts and of course Bond's cigars. It's a perfect little package of its time.

There is nothing wrong with an all black villain cast as is pointed out by many (gangs/criminal groups are often of one race) and I don't believe TSWLM is Moore's best - far from it. He shines in Live and let die and I believe it is due to the cast and crew giving it their all to distance themselves from and individualise the new Bond away from the shadow of Connery. This even applies to all the Bond actor's first films
    The only problem I have with LALD is that you wait for Bond and Kananga to fight at the end,and it starts well with Kananga's knife skills but then he blows up like a whoopy cushion,very disappointing.

Apart from that its a solid entry with great stunts and Sir Roger on good form as always.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Trying to seduce her, as he delivers the killer line " The thought never crossed
    My mind !"

That's a great one. My favourite Moore expression is when he looks puzzled (almost shocked) as Solitaire explains how she lost her "powers". Bond thinks she's nuts and he's just like "okaaaaaay sure, whatever you say." :)

Screencap: screenmusings.org/movie/dvd/Live-and-Let-Die/pages/Live-and-Let-Die-382.htm
    barryt007 wrote: »
    The only problem I have with LALD is that you wait for Bond and Kananga to fight at the end,and it starts well with Kananga's knife skills but then he blows up like a whoopy cushion,very disappointing.

Apart from that its a solid entry with great stunts and Sir Roger on good form as always.

For a while now, I've felt that they rushed through Kananga's death to get to the train fight with Tee Hee.
    That's precisely how I see it @BAIN123
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    My mind !"

That's a great one. My favourite Moore expression is when he looks puzzled (almost shocked) as Solitaire explains how she lost her "powers". Bond thinks she's nuts and he's just like "okaaaaaay sure, whatever you say." :)

Screencap: screenmusings.org/movie/dvd/Live-and-Let-Die/pages/Live-and-Let-Die-382.htm

I also love the wide-eyed look of confusion he gives when he notices Magda's tattoo and she says "That's my little Octopussy."
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    barryt007 wrote: »

It would be great if Bond managed to pull him down on the ground and step on him.
    The more I watch a BrosnanBond film ,the more I feel that he looks so so cool and good in TND ....I think its his best personal performance.
    Arnold's TND score is very good it helps Brosnan alot.
    We need an Arnold score more than anything for Bond 25 @fire_and_ice ..we really do...you do feel like you are watching a Bond film with TND .

Just at the Hamburg car park scene..fantastic score !!
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    @barryt007 It's a great moment when Brosbond is walking down the street in Germany with Arnold version of the Bond theme playing, agree when I watch SF I always want Newman to let loose with the Bond theme certainly during the pre titles train scene.

#bringArnoldback
    #bringArnoldback

Now onto my Bond Sir Roger tribute for today...I'm watching LALD and the pause he says between Bond,James Bond ,is the longest of all the debut Bonds I would say..
    I still don't see the problem with Rosie in this film..i didn't as a kid and I still don't now...she had no choice but to do what she did,under the influence and fear of voodoo..and I think Gloria plays her fine !!
    LIVE AND LET DIE playing now. My first Bond since Roger passed. Let's see how I hold up...........gun barrel............
    PTS is over..........there he is! Love the shot of Rog making coffee for M. I went to the barbershop today with a pic of Roger in LALD, and emphasized I wanted it tapered at the neck. The only film in which Moore's nape is tapered not blocked.
    LALD is doing well tonight,even if its not my favourite Sir Roger Bond film.
    I had a difficult time deciding which one to pop in. It's fitting the bill nicely.
    I remember pestering one of my big brothers to take me to see LALD. I
    So wanted his watch !
    I love his watch too. Damn, I love LALD. I must admit watching this is making me feel a lot better. The past two days I've either been teary eyed, downright weeping, or just trying to keep my composure. Now I've got a big smile on my face.
    It is a happy Bond film..
    With a great cast !
    With a great cast !

I love Yaphet, David Hedison, and especially Jane Seymour.
    Including Rosie to me !!!!
    First love scene with " Rosie and Jim "
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    First love scene with " Rosie and Jim "

Did you notice upon Rosie's introduction that it's obviously a male stunt double that Bond throws on the bed?
    I give up with you Rosie haters ... ;)