The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Well done, @ToTheRight !
    peter wrote: »
    Well done, @ToTheRight !

Agreed. I know you were going to abandon this thread ToTheRight, but glad you didn't...your viewing comments make an entertaining read!
    Well done, @ToTheRight !
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Well done, @ToTheRight !

Agreed. I know you were going to abandon this thread ToTheRight, but glad you didn't...your viewing comments make an entertaining read!

Thanks, guys! I appreciate that. I must admit I was probably not having the best of days when I mentioned bailing out. Been a rather challenging year all round, so I'm certain I had taken the mod's request to condense these posts the wrong way. I obviously overreacted. I do think I've found a way to tone it down a bit while still letting the spontaneous ideas and comments flow.
    I've loved reading other member's posts on this thread as well.

ToTheRight wrote: »
    Pat Roach with his curly hair and beard kind of looks like a truck driver.

He probably could have played Rocky, the trucker bully in SUPERMAN II, had Pepper Martin been unavailable. I don't think I've ever heard him speak, though.

"YOUR SEAT'S IN THERE, FOUR EYES!".

If he could thrash Indiana Jones, and Bond he could surely take on a powerless Clark Kent.

Was he dubbed in Indiana Jones?

That's a good question. he might have been.
    I found it amazing how he could radically change his appearance and play multiple roles in RAIDERS and so forth.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Pat Roach is a very versatile actor.

Looking him up now, and I never realized he had a larger role in LAST CRUSADE that was cut. I wonder if that footage exists?

Would be interesting to see. Glad we got him as a Bond henchman.
    His fight with Bond is kind of an homage to the Oddjob fight. Giving Bond a good thrashing, tossing him around like a rag doll.
    His fight with Bond is kind of an homage to the Oddjob fight. Giving Bond a good thrashing, tossing him around like a rag doll.

It s a great fight, both tense and with its fun moments. And that conclusion is pure gold.

Looking him up now, and I never realized he had a larger role in LAST CRUSADE that was cut. I wonder if that footage exists?

I believe they were meant to shoot another fight scene like he had with Indy in both Raiders and Temple of Doom. Don't know whether it was shot and cut out, or not filmed at all?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 13,038
    Foreshadowing. Well, not for this film, though.
  • Love QoS. My favorite Craig performance. Forster directs him so well.
    FYEO going in the DVD ...first time in over a year...some will want me to like it, @Mathis1 and others will hope my mind hasnt changed....game on.
    There wont be a lot of comments from me on this one as i need to check it ,even though i did create the thread haha.

Stand by

TLD is below this and YOLT is above...lets see.
    Dont mind the Sheena song but dont stick her in there......voice not face..thats Bond.
    Wow...im enjoying this........soundtrack is so 80's and Sir Rog is brilliant,his ad-lib (not in the script as can tell by her laugh) '" Love a drive in the country dont you") is a masterpiece.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,295
    I quite enjoy the FYEO soundtrack, even though it's very "disco" – for Bond, that is.
    Hmmm atm it has moved above MR but not YOLT..,so into 21st.
    Nope....stays in 22nd place...boring.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,295
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I really like FYEO. If not for a few weak scenes it would be in my Top Ten.

Even though it has it's weak scenes, it still manages to hold a top ten spot for me. I enjoy it too much not to.
    I just find it depressing,maybe its just me. @Mathis1 will love to know TLD is now #22 ,FYEO is now #23.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I just find it depressing,maybe its just me. @Mathis1 will love to know TLD is now #22 ,FYEO is now #23.

Depressing?
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    The soft focus cinematography does give the film a somewhat moody look I always felt.

Depressing?

yep...depressing...dampens your mood.
    Remington wrote: »
    The soft focus cinematography does give the film a somewhat moody look I always felt.

the score too,to me.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

the score too,to me.

I think SP fits that bill more so.

the score too,to me.

I think SP fits that bill more so.

Thats why FYEO is #23 and SP is #24

Depressing?

That surprises me, as I – despite the revenge theme with Melina and the overall darker tone - find it an entertaining ride. Especially because of scenes like this:

Roger_Moore_jamesbondreview.filminspector.com_1.gif

Hehe! Well we're improving. But a pity it's at the expense of one of Rogs better Bonds. I agree it does need tightening up, but I still think it has great scenes and the action is terrific!

Depressing?

That surprises me, as I – despite the revenge theme with Melina and the overall darker tone - find it an entertaining ride. Especially because of scenes like this:

I love this part. Classic Moore Bond!!!
    FoxRox wrote: »

Depressing?

I love this part. Classic Moore Bond!!!

Totally agree! Only Moore could do Bond like that. :-D