The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

No more Vijay.
    Yo Yo fight.......Bond means business.
    OOOOWWWWOOH!
    Bond avoids Madga at the circus.............then gets reamed out for blocking everyone's view.
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 15,818
    I love scenes where Bond steals an employee jacket.
    General Orlov's hairstyle is very trendy in 2018.
    Bond and Orlov confrontation. Roger is dead serious here.
    I love when he shoots the guy in the head.
    Orlov dies............I'll bet Berkoff enjoyed playing that scene.
    I was watching THE COMMUTER the other day. Some scenes of Liam Neeson clinging to the train. Interesting how in this day and age it's all CGI, and looks very video game like.
    In OP the stunt work looks natural and to this day I'm still on the edge of my seat when 007 is under the train car being attacked by Bedi.
    I must say, though the SF train rooftop fight wasn't bad at all.
    No more Grishka.
    Bond steals an auto in front of the police.
    Towards the climax of OP and this has been another top notch viewing. OP never fails to entertain me.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I was watching THE COMMUTER the other day. Some scenes of Liam Neeson clinging to the train. Interesting how in this day and age it's all CGI, and looks very video game like.
    In OP the stunt work looks natural and to this day I'm still on the edge of my seat when 007 is under the train car being attacked by Bedi.

And stuntman Martin Grace got seriously injured doing those train stunts. Cubby rewarded him by making him stunt co-ordinater on AVTAK! The stuntwork in OP is some of the finest!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2018 Posts: 23,883
    It's so true. The overuse of rubbish CGI in films is outrageous these days and I was particularly disappointed with The Commuter in this respect as well (despite being a huge Liam fan). OP's stunts are truly spectacular, particularly the PTS, the train/car chase and of course the incredible plane ending (eat your heart out Tom!).
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 3,564
    Oh, go with AVTAK and make a drinking game out of it every time Stacy yells "Jaaaaaaaaames!"
    I'll also vote for AVTAK.
  • I suspect @Birdleson has just started running whichever movie he decided on. Perhaps we can guess what he chose? I note three Connerys, one Moore, one Brosnan and one Craig. Odd are in favor of a Connery...
    As strange as it may sound, I've never been too bothered by Stacey's screaming.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Roger looks very youthful and much like his old self in some shots/scenes, and terrible in others.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Roger looks very youthful and much like his old self in some shots/scenes, and terrible in others.

True. I think he looks great in that first close up as he discovers 003. For the most part he looks good, IMO. There are really only a few unflattering shots.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    When AVTAK and OHMSS were screened as a double-feature at the Castro in SF a couple of years ago (it ran as AVTAK>OHMSS>AVTAK, $6 for all three screenings) I had to go after work (it's almost an hour drive; more in traffic), so I missed the first AVTAK, and I didn't stay for the other showing of it because I wanted to get home at a reasonable time. Now I really regret it. I haven't seen it in the big screen since 1985, and that was in Upstate New York; here was a chance to see it in the city which is primary to the plot. But I do work right in the center of the area Zorin was attempting to flood.

What part of upstate NY was it? I would have loved to have gone to that!
    When AVTAK and OHMSS were screened as a double-feature at the Castro in SF a couple of years ago (it ran as AVTAK>OHMSS>AVTAK, $6 for all three screenings) I had to go after work (it's almost an hour drive; more in traffic), so I missed the first AVTAK, and I didn't stay for the other showing of it because I wanted to get home at a reasonable time. Now I really regret it. I haven't seen it in the big screen since 1985, and that was in Upstate New York; here was a chance to see it in the city which is primary to the plot. But I do work right in the center of the area Zorin was attempting to flood.

What part of upstate NY was it? I would have loved to have gone to that!

Oops misread the original post.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    Okay guys. I had narrowed it down to AVTAK and TLD as it is. So you've made up my mind. Thanks.

@BeatlesSansEarmuffs , time for another Bond centric meet-up with the crew. Maybe at one of our homes.

I've got a gig coming up in Pacifica in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can get together there...
  • Part of my enjoyment of AVTAK centers on my pleasure in seeing Bond tooling around in SF. The burning of city hall...the fire truck on the drawbridge... Stacy's grandfather's home, which looks just like a dozen different houses in the area... and especially the deleted scene shot from the water just off the Chevron oil refinery in Pt. Richmond, all give me a little shiver of recognition that no other Bond film can hold for me!
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    Okay guys. I had narrowed it down to AVTAK and TLD as it is. So you've made up my mind. Thanks.

@BeatlesSansEarmuffs , time for another Bond centric meet-up with the crew. Maybe at one of our homes.

I've got a gig coming up in Pacifica in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can get together there...

If it's on the 12th, I could probably meet up in Pacifica.
  • I'm not sure that's Glen's fault. Remember, he's working with Roger. Roger throws a pretty weak punch.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I find the saga of the Bond/Moneypenny/hat relationship fascinating. It starts right off in DN. Then continuing from that one quiet toss onto the hatstand we get unique twists on it from FRWL straight through to YOLT (Naval cap). Then EON consciously closes the whole thing out (they probably and rightly realized that they ideas for variations were running out and that it was time) with the best Bond/Moneypenny bit in the series with OHMSS (imagine the significance and impact if it had been Connery!). We don't see it after, from DAF through MR; it is forgotten. Then with the Glen films, beginning with FYEO, it starts up again. We get a nice callback to the early days of their relationship in each film of the '80s up to Roger's exit with AVTAK. It has not resurfaced since, and I'm glad. It ended well.

Really agree with this. Maybe we should do a hat scene elimination game.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    In SP, although not with Moneypenny, was Craig’s toss of the hat in Mexico a callback? If I’m not mistaken I think the music cue was the Bond theme...
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Green 4 vs Necros is among the best in the series. The scene in Spectre is similar in its use of the environment