The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

ToTheRight wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The scenes with Q, M, and Moneypenny all weren’t quite as good after the golden age ended with OHMSS. They are always good to watch still (Q did the best post-OHMSS), but never quite reached the level of the originals. I do love Q’s interactions with Dalton and Brosnan though.

Somehow the 70's Q scenes seem to diminish a bit. I loved his moments in FYEO and OP. As for Pierce I really liked the Q scene in TND.

Desmond and Pierce were excellent together. Loved all their scenes. Q’s weakest scenes were definitely in the 70s. 2010s I don’t mind but there is too much in SP.
    The obligatory SPECTRE execution and Helga's death is iconic, IMO.
    I wonder if Sean's pink shirt was put on auction in the 1980's and bought by Franz Sanchez?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 12,270

Love this music...

Love this music...

Amazing soundtrack.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    The scenes with Q, M, and Moneypenny all weren’t quite as good after the golden age ended with OHMSS. They are always good to watch still (Q did the best post-OHMSS), but never quite reached the level of the originals. I do love Q’s interactions with Dalton and Brosnan though.

Somehow the 70's Q scenes seem to diminish a bit. I loved his moments in FYEO and OP. As for Pierce I really liked the Q scene in TND.

Desmond and Pierce were excellent together. Loved all their scenes. Q’s weakest scenes were definitely in the 70s. 2010s I don’t mind but there is too much in SP.
    Ranking of Desmond Llewelyn chemistry with Bond actors, from best to worst:
    1) w/Brosnan and w/Moore
    2) w/Connery
    3) w/Dalton
    4) w/Lazenby
    Bond in disguise. Pretty funny really.
    Some honeymoon.
    So THIS scene with Bond and Kissy taking a quick break showcases Sean without his toupee.
    The honeymoon's over.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    The honeymoon's over.
    It was a nice honeymoooooooon... ;)

I think Pierce enjoyed working with Desmond and understood the importance he had to the films. He knew he was working with a Bond legend.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    The honeymoon's over.
    It was a nice honeymoooooooon... ;)

LOL I just watched that one the other day.
    For sure. Pierce was a wonderful Bond, even with the disappointments present in his films.
    Bond just happens to have suction cups and gray clothing to camouflage himself in the volcano.
    For sure. Pierce was a wonderful Bond, even with the disappointments present in his films.

I was heartbroken when he confirmed he wasn't doing a 5th.
    DAD’s failures basically forced a total reboot I would think. Brosnan deserved far better, but I don’t know if he would have gotten it with a 5th one. As things stand, I love GE, feel mixed about TND and TWINE (mostly liked, but obviously flawed), and am disappointed with DAD.
    I can remember when GE was released as much as I loved it I still ranked it smack in the middle. The others I liked less and less, but the problem was never Pierce.
    Blofeld revealed. Once again I must emphasize that I prefer Pleasance's Blofeld reveal to Waltz's.
    The Hans fight.

Come on, Bond. After the likes of Grant this should be a cinch.

Maybe 007 is tired as he hasn't slept in over a day.

I love the orange dingy tradition. Or at least Bond in a boat at the climax.

GREAT viewing of YOLT!!!!!!
    One scene I really like from LALD is when Bond gets taken outside to be "wasted" by the goons and he takes them by surprise but then meets Harry from CIA. I don't know why it's on my mind but it's a good, underrated sequence.

I was heartbroken when he confirmed he wasn't doing a 5th.

I was elated!!
    Random thought while watching CR, is the PTS the only time we see Craig on a mission where he isn't up against Spectre? Because obviously with the retcon they're behind everything and the rest of his pre titles are all linked to the main story of the film. So we actually never see him as a 00 on a non Spectre mission.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    One scene I really like from LALD is when Bond gets taken outside to be "wasted" by the goons and he takes them by surprise but then meets Harry from CIA. I don't know why it's on my mind but it's a good, underrated sequence.
    I've always liked it too. The first on film instance of Moore's double leg kick maneuver if I'm not mistaken.
    Random thought while watching CR, is the PTS the only time we see Craig on a mission where he isn't up against Spectre? Because obviously with the retcon they're behind everything and the rest of his pre titles are all linked to the main story of the film. So we actually never see him as a 00 on a non Spectre mission.
    I think you're right. All the rest of them are indeed Spectre related.
    All the more need for a non-Spectre related mission this time...very good point @thelivingroyale .
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The CR pts is Craig s GF.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 19,339
    The CR pts is Craig s GF.

Really ?!
    In what way ?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It isn t about SPECTRE. Connery got a whole film.
    It isn t about SPECTRE. Connery got a whole film.

Aaah ok..got it.