The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Bond sitting down to watch some wrestling.

Here comes Aki.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Must have been a blast to see this one in it's initial 1967 summer release. My Dad always loved this one.

I really do wish sometimes I could have been born way earlier to catch those amazing classics on the big screen at initial release. Especially the first six and TSWLM.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Must have been a blast to see this one in it's initial 1967 summer release. My Dad always loved this one.

I really do wish sometimes I could have been born way earlier to catch those amazing classics on the big screen at initial release. Especially the first six and TSWLM.

I got to see MR and OP when I was young, but I imagine it must have been amazing to see these Sean films. My Dad would have been in high school when YOLT was released. A few years later he'd be in the Air Force stationed in Japan. He told me he got to see Aki's Toyota.

Charles Gray...............only 4 years later he'd be Blofeld. I wonder if Blofeld modeled his 1971 look on Henderson?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Bernard Lee looks damn good here as well. Somehow only 2 years later he would look much older.

Sadly YOLT is the first instance where he seems to just exist to give minimal information and then hang around for a punchline or so.

True. In all the other early films he has far more memorable moments and dialogue.

I really love the M scene in TB where he stands up for his best agent in front of the Colonel.
    I preferred Gray as Henderson. A good little role - underrated! Didn’t care much for his Blofeld I’m afraid.
    Fight scene.................Connery sporting a green army Stacy Keach Mike Hammer trench coat.
    I preferred Gray as Henderson. A good little role - underrated! Didn’t care much for his Blofeld I’m afraid.

He's grown on me as Blofeld, especially after Waltz. I liked his chemistry with Sean.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

He's grown on me as Blofeld, especially after Waltz. I liked his chemistry with Sean.
    I've always liked him as both Henderson and Blofeld. Gray was a very charismatic and distinctive looking (and sounding) actor who was always compelling on screen.
    I like his voice.
    Momentary pausing of YOLT to grab dinner for myself and my better half..........who think's Sean in his Japanese disguise looks ridiculous.
    Back in action again...............
    I just watched TOKYO JOE also featuring Teru Shimada. He and Bogie are buddies.

Mr Osato.
    Don't get the soap in my eye will you?
    GREAT Barry score................Sean in the elevator.
    Comma above right eyebrow and blue single breast suit.
    Karin Dor. I should get a copy of TOPAZ.
    She digs Bond.
    I must say the Blu-ray is de-saturated and doesn't really look like the cinematic film.

Sharp, though.
    Just a drop in the ocean.
    Kobe docks- my favorite scene in the film.
    I miss John Barry.
    Bond and Helga............great score here.
    Oh the things I do for England.
    Bernard Lee looks damn good here as well. Somehow only 2 years later he would look much older.

Sadly YOLT is the first instance where he seems to just exist to give minimal information and then hang around for a punchline or so.

True. In all the other early films he has far more memorable moments and dialogue.

I really love the M scene in TB where he stands up for his best agent in front of the Colonel.

He shines again (in several scenes) in OHMSS, but that's the end.

Absolutely. His scene with George is one of my favorites. Also his rapport with Draco is cool.
    The iconic Q shorts.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 15,843
    Desmond does so much with one scene, and makes this one is permanently memorable. The Scooby Gang on the other hand had practically half the screen-time of SP to make an impression and did very little, IMO.
    Johnny Jordan was amazing.
    The scenes with Q, M, and Moneypenny all weren’t quite as good after the golden age ended with OHMSS. They are always good to watch still (Q did the best post-OHMSS), but never quite reached the level of the originals. I do love Q’s interactions with Dalton and Brosnan though.
    The scenes with Q, M, and Moneypenny all weren’t quite as good after the golden age ended with OHMSS. They are always good to watch still (Q did the best post-OHMSS), but never quite reached the level of the originals. I do love Q’s interactions with Dalton and Brosnan though.

Somehow the 70's Q scenes seem to diminish a bit. I loved his moments in FYEO and OP. As for Pierce I really liked the Q scene in TND.
    The iconic volcano!