Skyfall: PPK or P99?

Comments

• edited October 2011 Posts: 5,767
    The Beretta doesn´t look cooler than the Walther P99, which already didn´t look cool, as good a gun as it might be.
    No, stick with the PPK, it screams Bond.
    If it has to be one of the newer guns, the Glock still has the best design.
    Both at the same time and John Woo shootouts, doves...

Ok. PPK ; a gun for the spy. Easy to conceal. Screams Bond.

But I don't have anything against P99 or a wholly new gun.
    Both at the same time and John Woo shootouts, doves...
    Totally off topic, but isn´t it funny that both John Woo and John Glen had a knack for doves?

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The Beretta PX4-Storm screams CIA and many operatives do use Berettas. I can't picture Bond with one though. A pretty gun, just not his style.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    How about the Baretta PX4 - Storm?
    Didn't James start with a Baretta in DN?

I like this gun. And yes, Bond does begin Dr. No with a .25 Beretta, but he never gets to use it.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Modern Bond film = P99 &/or PPK (PPS welcome). 50th Anniversary = PPK. End of discussion.
    And yes, Bond does begin Dr. No with a .25 Beretta, but he never gets to use it.
    Because it jammed twice on his last assignment. Not a good basis for bringing Beretta back [-X .
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    I didn't really like the P99 during the Brosnan era, but Craig manages to sell it.
    Yeah I have changed my mind. Stick with the PPK. But make it another color than chrome or black.
    Maybe a bronze like finish to it would look cool.
    Only if he wears cuff links of the same colour.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 5,745
    Bronze gun? Bronze cuff links? So Bond is definitely gay in this one? (Haha, JUST KIDDING)
    It's the 50th Anniversary so give him a shiny gold PPK.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 268
    I suggested bronze cuz I thought gold was a little too... womanly...

haha
    Seriously now, I want to see him with a silver/chrome PPK. Could the villain have a gold gun? You know, as a nod to GF & TMWTGG.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 268
    They did a great [read: seriously awesome] nod to Goldfinger already in QoS so its not entirely out of the question :)
  • PPK or P99? - definitive Sig P229, chambered in .357 FMJ Sig :-) . But for real - i think P99 was an mistake as the main weapon for agent. It was rather next 'commercial break' for Bond. It's good pistol, but too big. I think, as far as Bond doesn't need to fire through the bullet vests, or have a special version of it - the PPK is most suitable and classy option.

Please no silver PPK - maybe for the villains if You must - it look like from rap mafia suburbans.

And PPK wasn't the "new weapon" even in Dr No. - it's rather old construction, based on older. They used probably because, the makarov like pistols get more popularity amongst forces.

Btw - I don't think that most of 'electric pistols' could fire bullets with reasonably energy, most of their own works on interntet, that people show are low energy(nearly 10 Joules barrier) toys, so the real pistol would be rather big and heavy.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Y'know, it really doesn't matter what gun Bond uses in the film, it'll STILL kick ass.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,936
    @Agent007391

Touche. I guess we can close this thread now! ;-)
    How arming him with 3 new Walthers Pk380,PPS or PPQ? Those guns should be great in his missions.
    I say, if any of those three, use the PPQ, and use it as a way to reintroduce Q.

As a side-note: Man, when Walther designed the P99, they must have really loved that design, all three of those guns look similar to the P99.
    Sorry, but I don't think the film using a PPQ as a way to introduce a character named Q is a good idea. 'Q' stands for 'Quartermaster', not 'PPQ'.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,936
    @Agent007391

It's a neat little gimmick having Q issue a PPQ to Bond- as long as Q doesn't say it's a PPQ. Just have him say "your new Walther" as he hands it to him. Bond & firearm aficionados will see the gimmick.
    @ Agent007391

It's a neat little gimmick having Q issue a PPQ to Bond- as long as Q doesn't say it's a PPQ. Just have him say "your new Walther" as he hands it to him. Bond & firearm aficionados will see the gimmick.
    There you go, this one will work. It's just a little tongue-in-cheek moment, a name gag.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 289
    since we are talking about pistols in Bond films why not a big bore revolver?

Smith & Wesson Model 629 Stealth Hunter in .44mag

imagehttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/14/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_629_Stealth_Hunter.jpg/800px-Smith_&_Wesson_Model_629_Stealth_Hunter.jpg

Ruger Super Redhawk in .480 Ruger

imagehttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Ruger_Super_Redhawk_.480_Ruger.jpg

Mateba Autorevolver in .454 Casull

imagehttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/MatebaAutoRevolver6in.jpg

can someone tell me how to post pictures from the net....i can never remember...rrr
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 289
    Modern Bond film = P99 &/or PPK (PPS welcome). 50th Anniversary = PPK. End of discussion.

but the ppk is too weenie looking in DC hands he is too "manly" for such a pea shooter...the p99 looks far more natural to DC's Bond.

If you want the modern version of the PPK look no farther than the:

Five-seven USG

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sure @Char35t. Right click, copy the image address, then use this format:

<(no space)img(one space)src="(your image address)"(no space)>
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,936
    @Char35t said: "but the ppk is too weenie looking in DC hands he is too "manly" for such a pea shooter...the p99 looks far more natural to DC's Bond."

Weenie is good when you're in the spy business...
    Now come guys They switch Bond From Aston to any car but a Whalther to another Gun Brand they never ever do that. Late John Gardner swith him off the Walther to few other guns while Raymond Benson put him back in The Walther from PPK to P99. The movie They always arm him his Walther.
    I'm hoping for the PPK or the PPS. I've never been a fan of Bond using the P99. It's just too big to be his standard sidearm.
  • I'm not sure if they'd choose the P99 anymore. I think if the PPK isn't chosen, the PPS has a better chance than the P99. The P99 is a nice gun, but it's getting a little outdated compared to some of the new stuff. I like the P99, but I say the PPS is the way to go if the PPK isn't chosen.
This discussion has been closed.