Metal Gear Solid (1987 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'll be buying it on release as well. F*ck Rising, I want this!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I always thought Hideo was involved with Rising, but thankfully now I know otherwise. I just can't believe they made a game that looks like Rising. No stealth, just action to the hilt. Not MGS at all.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Not only that but Ground Zero is a prequel game to MGS5. Kojima owns my life at least fir the next 7 years.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote:
    Not only that but Ground Zero is a prequel game to MGS5. Kojima owns my life at least fir the next 7 years.

So there is also an MGS5 already announced and in the works?? I'm confused.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I always thought Hideo was involved with Rising, but thankfully now I know otherwise. I just can't believe they made a game that looks like Rising. No stealth, just action to the hilt. Not MGS at all.

1) Rising is not a Solid, it's Metal Gear Rising, and as far as I'm concerned, you could replace Rising with Raiden, making it Metal Gear Raiden.
    2) As pointed out on the website thesnakesoup.org, the whole game, from its original incarnation as Metal Gear Solid Rising up until now, was inspired by the scene from MGS4 where Raiden kicks the ass of some Gekkos, where absolutely no stealth is enacted. How the hell they thought they could make a stealth game out of an action sequence is beyond me.
    3) Cyborg ninjas work better as instruments of wacky destruction and over-the-top badassery than tools of stealth.
    So there is also an MGS5 already announced and in the works?? I'm confused.

It's pretty much confirmed (by way of Kojima saying that Ground Zeroes is the "prologue to MGS5"). In the works... well... I don't know. I doubt it. I'm certain that Kojima and his team are hard at work on Ground Zeroes at the moment, and that MGS5 will be on the next-gen.
    Interesting...Nice to hear some opinions from big Metal Gear-heads.
  • I wonder who will piss in their pants in this game? They can't break the tradition now. :)
    I wonder who will piss in their pants in this game? They can't break the tradition now. :)

MGS1-Otacon
    MGS2-Emma
    MGS3-Sokolov & Big Boss
    MPO-Big Boss
    MGS4-...no one
    MPW-...no one
    MGSG0-???
    Didn't Akiba also wet himself in MGS4? I remember him doing more than just messing in his pants...
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I thought the whole freaking army did at the end of level one, in MGS4

Haha, yeah, probably. Though they probably got shot before they could. I can't believe how stupid those soldiers were, just running mindlessly to their deaths in open fire from the enemy. Snake was probably just mumbling under his stache: "Amateurs..."
    Didn't Akiba also wet himself in MGS4? I remember him doing more than just messing in his pants...

He might have, but I don't remember it, if he did. I just remember him using his pants as a john.

I wouldn't be surprised.
  • lol just listen to us =))
    Yes, we're having a very in-depth discussion on who pissed themselves - What's your point?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon

Sums up my feelings

Sums up my feelings

I'm certain nearly every Metal Gear fan on these forums feels this way.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wish Konami would get the Bond licence and make epic James Bond games.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 153
    Murdock wrote:
    I wish Konami would get the Bond licence and make epic James Bond games.

Yeah. Activision degenerated the Bond license into Call of Duty spin-off games. If Konami got the license to make Bond games however I guess Kojima have to stay away from it. He told people he based elements in every Metal Gear game from James Bond, so as a nod of respect he obviously had to draw a line between Bond and his own.

Anyway, anybody here knows which decade MGS:GO will be set in? Since Big Boss was born 1935, and with all that old man appearance he has I'm placing my bets between early or mid-1980s to late 1990's. Wonder which political event will be used as an element (e.g. The Cold War in Snake Eater and South American Revolutions in Portable Ops).

I'm predicting MGS5 will star a young Solid Snake, probably set in the Gulf War. I know Kojima will not disappoint. I'm still gonna play Rising, though I'll consider it non-canon.
    Good news guys, we have the tappy/Gregson-Williams theme back infused with the Mgs3/saga theme music. Looks like Kojima made some sort of deal with the Ruskies.

found out, the music is official. Here's the official shortened version - it's by Daniel James 25th Anniversary tribute:

[YT]ZjAuegtE_bU[/YT][/QUOTE]
    Anyway, anybody here knows which decade MGS:GO will be set in? Since Big Boss was born 1935, and with all that old man appearance he has I'm placing my bets between early or mid-1980s to late 1990's. Wonder which political event will be used as an element (e.g. The Cold War in Snake Eater and South American Revolutions in Portable Ops).

I'm predicting MGS5 will star a young Solid Snake, probably set in the Gulf War. I know Kojima will not disappoint. I'm still gonna play Rising, though I'll consider it non-canon.

Ground Zeroes takes place no later than 10 years after Peace Walker (so, 1984). Somewhere, either on this forum or another, somebody mentioned that, despite Big Boss's much older appearance, Chico doesn't look much older. Noticeably, Big Boss looks slightly younger once he gets on the chopper, lending credence to the theory that it's only a few years after Peace Walker. This is also supported by the upcoming inspection of Mother Base, which I can't exactly understand happening more than two-four years after Peace Walker (1976-1978).

As far as MGS5 is concerned, I don't have a single clue who you'll play as. Young Solid Snake seems to fit, but it's highly doubtful that during the Gulf, Snake fought a Metal Gear (or similar weapon). I'm hoping that MGS5 is a remake of Metal Gear 1, showing us the end of the Big Boss story, and the beginning of Solid Snake's.
  • Is there any chance that the burned man is Colonel Volgin?
    He's likely someone new but I wanted to throw that out there
    Kojima specifically said that it isn't Volgin. Who it is, however, I don't know. I assume, if it's anybody from a previous game, that it's Gene from Portable Ops. These are the facts I use to support my claim:

1) He was with the FOX unit, and XOF has something to do with FOX.
    2) He was last seen in a room which was likely burned, following the failed launch of the ICBMG.
    3) He's got a bone to pick with Big Boss.
  • Gotcha- that's the one game I never played (I only finally got to Peace Walker this year)
    Well, Portable Ops takes place before Peace Walker. Sadly, it's not on a console, like all the others.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Well, Portable Ops takes place before Peace Walker. Sadly, it's not on a console, like all the others.

I believe it is, in one of the HD compilation games.
    No, that's Peace Walker. Portable Ops is still a PSP exclusive.
    Either way, it's a metal gear game, it wouldn't be metal gear without some sort of added recapping backstory.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Either way, it's a metal gear game, it wouldn't be metal gear without some sort of added recapping backstory.

I don't know what you mean (*cough*Act 3: Third Sun*cough*).
  • Can someone give me the 'short version' of what happens in Portable Ops?

I borrowed it from a friend once (back when I had a PSP) and all I did was sneak around and collect guys to force onto my own team- I was pretty bored.