Metal Gear Solid (1987 - present)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Cutscenes are there for your amusement, don't like them, skip them. MGS is a way better and cooler experience than GTA. [-(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    Cutscenes are there for your amusement, don't like them, skip them. MGS is a way better and cooler experience than GTA. [-(

Story is ALWAYS the most important. I almost always watch cutscenes.
    Me too. :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Wait, 0Brady, which is worse to you: the controls or the cutscenes? I do stand by Murdock, though: MGS is better than GTA (though I do love GTA, too).
  • I love both games- I win B-)
  • Look at this: This cat thinks he's Solid Snake!

NxAcJ1.gif
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Solid... Siamese?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Murdock wrote:

Definitely....it's not even a competition or worth discussing for that matter.

Pretty cool Hideo cat!
    Okay, we already knew about this Snake...

Screenshot.jpg

But, who the hell is this Snake?!

MGS1.jpg

They are, clearly, not the same Snake. Are we getting two Snakes for the price of one? Do we get Big Boss (who is already semi-confirmed for this game) and a new or previously seen Snake?
  • Yeesh, don't rip off Splinter Cell or anything, lol
    is that definitely real?
    Both screens came from IGN, and both are, according to them, the Fox Engine in real time.
    I just saw the trailer, and the older guy (second pic) is Big Boss. Still no word on the younger guy, though.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Hmmm, alright, let's do some math here-- We learned in Peace Walker (set in 1974) that Big Boss is 39 years old (and thus 29 years old during Snake Eater). According to the timeline they showed during the Snake Eater credits, 'the Sons of Big Boss' are born in 1972.
    If that picture is Big Boss, and he looks like a pretty old dude-- then is it possible that the first guy we saw is none other than Solid Snake??

In the original Metal Gear (most are familiar with the NES version) it is set in 1995 (Solid Snake is 23) That would make Big Boss around 60 if I'm not mistaken.
    The Big Boss picture looks like a 60 year old dude.... but does the other guy look like a 23 year old? I dunno..... If so, he sure is rugged.....
    Still, it's possible I guess.

If I'm right about this, then this could very well be the remake of Metal Gear that people have been asking for!

Or maybe not- either way, it is totally possible that these two guys are Big Boss and Solid Snake!

edited September 2012 Posts: 784
    Like I said before..we possibly play as Big Boss until we eventually lose to Solid Snake for the first time???
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2012 Posts: 11,139
    edited September 2012 Posts: 11,139
    Extended trailer footage. Go to about the 10 minute mark for extra footage of actual gameplay (such as Snake driving a jeep):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDl4ApkQBWM

Aaaaaand IGN has a great version of the 14 minute demo. This looks awesome. Understatement.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/01...14-minute-demo
    snake.jpg

Fox_poster_02.jpg
    GM0A1035-800px_gallery_post.JPG

tumblr_m9phqprnZ11qkurpoo1_500.gif
  • Damn, looks like you can forget the last thing I said, lol
    This game'll be awesome, I'm sure of it.
    Damn-- I just checked David Hayter's imdb page and this game isn't there. I sure hope he'll do it....

The game isn't listed either, so hopefully it's just too early
    Oh, it's obviously too early. The game was just announced a few days ago, and nobody in the US saw anything until yesterday. Plus, you can't make a Snake game (Solid or otherwise) without David Hayter. I fully expect him to be in Rising in some way (either as background voices or maybe memories of Snake).
    I love Hayter but at the same time Richard Doyle was awesome as an older Big Boss.
    doubleoego wrote:
    GM0A1022-800px_gallery_post.JPG

My god...it's Chuck Norris! :-O
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Here's extended gameplay. It looks amazing:
    Just think, if this is what the Fox Engine can do on the current-gen, what kind of a ride are we in for next-gen?
  • I love how 10 minutes of the "gameplay" is a cutscene.

It looks awesome, but I don't think I'll be getting it since I've never played any other Metal Gear games and I'll end up really confused.
    I love how 10 minutes of the "gameplay" is a cutscene.

It looks awesome, but I don't think I'll be getting it since I've never played any other Metal Gear games and I'll end up really confused.
    There was 5 minutes of gameplay, so it was gameplay footage essentially.
    excellent trailer....looks at those graphics......I am impressed!!!! :O
    I love how 10 minutes of the "gameplay" is a cutscene.

Technically, since all cutscenes in Metal Gear games are developed using the in-game engine, it was still technically gameplay. It was all real-time.

You have three games to play, should you want to understand this:

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
    Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Play them in this order, and the game will make perfect sense to you.
    Based off the trailer, I'm having the worst time figuring out exactly when the game takes place. It's Big Boss so it's gotta be 70's or 80's, yet he has this holographic display computer on his wrist?

Yeah yeah I know, they don't have walking Metal Gears in real life either... :P

The game looks BEAUTIFUL and will certainly be a buy-on-release-date kind of game (which I rarely do)