Metal Gear Solid (1987 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I prefer plaing the core console games. MGS4, is too depressing. I'm really hoping for a MG1 and 2 remake though.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I play MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, Peace Walker, then MGS4. I don't really get around to playing the original games..although I have them.

I should play the games in this order....MGS3, Peace Walker, MGS1, MGS2, and then MGS4......the next time I do a marathon, I will play them in this revised order.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm going to play them in their rightful chronological order:

MGS3
    MPO
    MPW
    MG1
    MG2
    MGS1
    MGS2
    MGS4

And maybe once Rising comes out, I'll add that in, too, but I bet I don't.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I just played MGS3 (HD collection) and it's just such a beautiful looking game. So many things I've noticed for the first time playing the hd collection versions of MGS 2 and 3.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Name some of these things.
    I finally beat Peace Walker and destroyed ZEKE. Took me awhile to get all the parts and find Zardonav for the 7th time, but I got him. ;)
    I wish I'd known you were having a hard time finding Zadornov. I'd have told you he's just in Extra Ops 1 (I had to look online to find it out, because nothing hints at it).
    yeah I looked online too, and found him up on the top floor on the training area. Heard his little smirk as the mission started too....but I got him!

Having thought about Peace Walker alot lately.....It's kinda cool to see this transition of Big Boss and how he becomes the villain we know will eventually fight his son Solid Snake. Its definelty as interesting take.
  • If they had made a movie of the first game, I always invisioned Hugh Jackman as snake. I mean put a bandana on the man, and you got Plissken. B-)
    No, Christian Bale! He looks like Snake.
    Nah..David Hayter could play a movie version of Snake.....he looks just like him, not mention we would get the voice to boot.
    Well, this is true. And, wtf, Canadians are taking over American films anyway, let's let him do it.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 784
    I don't know what to make of this. Looks like shit....when is MGS5 coming out so we can go back in time to play as The Boss with the Cobra Unit in WWII????????

I can only assume that this is Jack getting fitted for his automail ninja suit...being tortured and captured???? wtf?

How does this fit in after MGS2????? I am so confused
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yeah that does look bad. I'm not the biggest fan of these games just based on the fact that they are more films than games and have cutscenes for thirty minutes where some, oh I dunno GAMEPLAY could happen. But, with MGSR I feel Kojima Productions are going so far away from the stealth style gameplay that made MGS famous. Now the game is trying to be like the big action packed titles and trying to conform to get the interest of gamers instead of having any stealth at all.
    MGS is full of gameplay......? cutscenes are needed, every game has cutscenes.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    MGS is full of gameplay......? cutscenes are needed, every game has cutscenes.

Not thirty minute ones, and hour and a half endings! I understand having cutscenes and telling a deep tale that sends a message but there are better ways to present it than have tons of cutscenes sprinkled with some gameplay in between. There were so many moments in MGS4 where I saw an epic action scene in a cutscene and thought "gee, I sure would like to play that", or "wow, I wish I could actually play that scene as Snake!". But alas, NO. :-w
    that's the only game in this series that has some longer cutscenes, but they are needed. I think MGS3 had a recipe that was perfect. By this time (having played the games so much) I know the ins and outs of the games that I don't need to view the cutscenes in their entirety. Only like MGS1 and MGS3 will I view practically the entire game, because they are damn fine games..prolly the two best games ever made to date.
    If the Metal Gear series didn't have all the cutscenes, it wouldn't be the Metal Gear series. It's the same with Uncharted, if it didn't have all the puzzles, wall climbing or that awesome smart ass Nathan Drake, it just would not be Uncharted.
    my brother and I have been busy completing Peace Walker extra ops missions..trying to get all S ranks.. I want to get all trophies for the game just like I did for MGS3. Its great being able to play with him on his system so we can both collect the rewards and such.
    my brother and I have been busy completing Peace Walker extra ops missions..trying to get all S ranks.. I want to get all trophies for the game just like I did for MGS3. Its great being able to play with him on his system so we can both collect the rewards and such.

My friend has been having a tough time getting the Tanegashima by getting the Rathalos Wing. Have you done this yet?
    edited June 2012 Posts: 784
    http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6379961/konami-press-conference-highlights-video

Great interview with Hideo Kojima talking about the Metal Gear Solid 25th Anniversary. Starts about 12 minutes in...a true genius!!!

I am looking forward to the new Fox Engine...possible PS4 engine???? The excitement builds!!!!!
    I hope the FOX engine gets used on something PS3 released. Hopefully ZOE3.
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/719244/hideo-kojima-teases-fox-engine-game-with-screenshot/

Here's a recent photo from the new Fox Engine. Possibly an elder Big Boss?
    It most likely is.
    I learned this from the forums on The Snake Soup (thesnakesoup.org), but MGS4 is just might actually get a Trophy patch.
    It's been 4 years, anybody who cared played the game in 2008, and the Metal Gear Online servers have been destroyed, but what the hell, I'll try for 'em.
    Ok, I am confused. The whole requirement list for attaining the Big Boss mask is:

Big Boss - Earn the Big Boss emblem on a single-player session by doing the following: instigate no alerts; kill no enemies (not even bosses); do not continue (at all); do not use life recovery items (at all); do not use the stealth suit or bandanna special items (you may possess, but not activate them); and complete the game on Big Boss Extreme difficulty under 5 hours.

How are you supposed to progress through the story if you can't kill the bosses?!
    Tranquilizer guns (or any 'blue' weapon in the menu). It's a huge pain
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Tranquilizer guns (or any 'blue' weapon in the menu). It's a huge pain
    You have tried I presume? It seems downright evil of Konami to do that.