What is your breaking point that would make you stop being a Bond fan.

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited May 2017 Posts: 9,020
    According to Craigbond himself in Skyfall, he is at least bi-curious and what makes us think it would have been his first time with Silva....

My good people
    My comment was meant in the same way to the dialogue between forum members about Bond/gay as Bond meant it to Silva's uttered words.

Obviously Bond is straight. Always. Even Craigbond and by the way I love his little dialogue he has in that sequence.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Another breaking point for me would be if James Bond has a tattoo of some sort. Connery had one and they rightfully covered it up. Not the kind of thing a gentleman would have.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If Bond has a tattoo, you won t watch the film?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Another breaking point for me would be if James Bond has a tattoo of some sort. Connery had one and they rightfully covered it up. Not the kind of thing a gentleman would have.

Don't know if I agree there. As a military man, I don't think it would be too strange for a modern Bond to have a naval tattoo, as is very common for all branches of armed services. Not saying I advocate it, but I wouldn't care if it came to pass.

I actually treat the tattoo of Sean's Bond as such in his movies (as it's never properly covered from view at any point, so I treat it as a part of his character): he's carrying a mark of his naval ties. It's actually quite fitting, as Sean got his two tattoos when he was serving in the Royal Navy, as Bond himself could've as a young lad.

The only thing about Bond (appearance wise) that I wouldn't be able to stand is long hair on him or a beard. Those are things I don't think one should have while dressing in a suit, as they make you look like a wild animal trying to go formal. Brosnan's hair in GE cut it very close, and I let Dan's stubble in SF pass because of the unkempt Bond they were going for there. I just wouldn't accept the facial hair if it was how Bond generally always chose to present himself.
    An earring and a ponytail. A bald Bond. A Bond who snuffs. Bond on a skateboard or a tricycle.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    After careful thought, I have concluded that I would stop being a Bond fan if he shot a kitten.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    After careful thought, I have concluded that I would stop being a Bond fan if he shot a kitten.

How do you feel about him launching one with his foot in DAF?
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    If Bond has a tattoo, you won t watch the film?

I would watch it but I'd definitely be disappointed if he looks like a football player. Too working class for my taste.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

He's yet to shoot one, but he did tussle in the hay with a pussy in GF.

How do you feel about him launching one with his foot in DAF?

That is one of my least favourite Bond movie moments! But I'll allow it as he had a good reason to do so.

You can clearly see it in Dr. No in the scene when they use bamboo shoots to breathe through when they duck underwater. And his tattoos are clearly visible in Thunderball when he plays the recording back when he's in his hotel room.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

You can clearly see it in Dr. No in the scene when they use bamboo shoots to breathe through when they duck underwater. And his tattoos are clearly visible in Thunderball when he plays the recording back when he's in his hotel room.

Exactly. Anytime Sean was even a little wet, the tattoo was obvious, and it was still clear even when he wasn't. That's essentially why I just accept it into canon, and make up a story for it in my head to keep things interesting.
    Sean s tattoos are fitting for the character. It makes sense that Bond would have MOM+DAD and SCOTLAND FOREVER on his arm. At least in retrospect.
  • GumboldGumbold Atlantis

Exactly. Anytime Sean was even a little wet, the tattoo was obvious, and it was still clear even when he wasn't. That's essentially why I just accept it into canon, and make up a story for it in my head to keep things interesting.

Where does he have tattoo, and what of?
    See above.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Gumbold wrote: »

Where does he have tattoo, and what of?

He has two tattoos on his arm - 'Mum and Dad' and 'Scotland Forever'

Sean s tattoos are fitting for the character. It makes sense that Bond would have MOM+DAD and SCOTLAND FOREVER on his arm. At least in retrospect.

@Thunderfinger, that's also another great point. An orphan's tribute to his mother and father, and a sign of his heritage.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

@Thunderfinger, that's also another great point. An orphan's tribute to his mother and father, and a sign of his heritage.

Hardly becoming of someone who went to Eton and Fettes though surely?

I think Fleming might oscillate ever so slightly in his grave at the thought of Bond having tattoos. They're for the rank and file not officers.
    Maybe he had too much booze and benzedrine one night.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I never noticed Connery's tattoos. And I must admit that I'm still influenced by the time I grew up when the only people who had tattoos were sailors and prison inmates. I admit to being prejudiced against people with tattoos because of this. But then, not having prejudices is no achievement. Overcoming them is.

I think Fleming might oscillate ever so slightly in his grave at the thought of Bond having tattoos. They're for the rank and file not officers.

For a respected alum of Eton, maybe not. But for a man who got tossed out of Eton? Just maybe. ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2023 Posts: 17,809

I agree. They also tried to cover over Connery's tattoos with makeup in the Bond films. Only the villains had tattoos in Fleming. Think of Count Lippe being identified as a Tong with his criminal inking.

And see Raymond Benson's swastika tattooed Union leader in High Time to Kill (1999) and of course The Man with the Red Tattoo (2002).
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Yes, but how do we all feel about Jack Wade's "Muffy" tattoo?
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    They also tried to cover over Connery's tattoos with makeup in the Bond films.

While in the lower-budget world of Doctor Who, they just shrugged and said to heck with it:

17b32ab0599c7a3bd0251bc96a74c359cd584fbd_hq.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Time Lord tattoo. Novel.
    Justin Bieber as James Bond 007 and I am done with the movie franchise.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited May 2017 Posts: 9,020
    Looks fine to me, like a younger version of Craig, just more pretty.

full.jpg
    You probably are a Twilight fan too.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    He more favors a young Moore.

But yeah, okay, that would be game over. Thanks for the memories.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If this punk gets anywhere near Bond (including the song) I'm out. It's more likely than not given the last effort.