What is your breaking point that would make you stop being a Bond fan.

Comments

The ladies never left the franchise. If Bond movies are meant to be date movies let's cast Channing Tatum as Bond. (that was meant as a joke by the way).
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Ludovico wrote: »
    The ladies never left the franchise. If Bond movies are meant to be date movies let's cast Channing Tatum as Bond. (that was meant as a joke by the way).

Nooo, please not channig Tatum, girls like him but guys don't. He has to appeal to both like Brad Pitt in his prime. Girls went crazy about him and guys thought he is cool
    We need an actor who could be almost loved by both gendres

How about me @Szonana ?? haha
    Szonana wrote: »
    Yes, not my main pick but he could bring back the ladies into the franchise like Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery did so.

Im praying for the next Bond to look the most universal appealing to the ladies as Possible but without alienating its main fan base which are the guys.

Correct me if im wrong but i have the feeling that with Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan the bond films were the real date movies.
    Since it had the glam and male eye candy for woman and the action and the Bond girls for the guys and well The character of Bond appealed to Both in a different way
    Every girl when they went to see the films said i want my James Bond and guys wanted to be bond, I think the closest contenders to it are Chris Hemsworth and Michael Fassbender.

Now Jack Houston is doing great with the female crowd thanks to Ben Hur.

Hm, I wonder when and how it was decided that Sean and Pierce were the most 'universaly appealing' Bonds for women? That is not really my impression from talking to girls about Bond. For me it seems to be highly individual, and you are just as likely to encounter someone who rates Moore or Craig were the most attractive. I even met someone who thought Dalton was the most handsome.

We just have to face the fact that everything in the Bond univers is divisive. No matter who is cast some will be happy and some will not and that goes for looks as well. All the actors who are rumored for the part are good looking to some, less good looking to others...
    And he is Australian ...
    barryt007 wrote: »
    How about me @Szonana ?? haha
    :)) Sorry.
    Yes , I always liked Brad Pitt in a manly way.
    Connery was best date-movie Bond.
    I know this because I used to feel about 10 feet tall coming out of a Connery film at Bond festivals and such.
    Date would suddenly achieve Bond Girl status . Everyone happy.
    Didn't feel quite so tall coming out of a Rog or Dalts film. Date - more like Moneypenny.

I vote Tom Hughes for top date-movie Bond.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    jobo wrote: »
    Yes, not my main pick but he could bring back the ladies into the franchise like Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery did so.

Im praying for the next Bond to look the most universal appealing to the ladies as Possible but without alienating its main fan base which are the guys.

Correct me if im wrong but i have the feeling that with Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan the bond films were the real date movies.
    Since it had the glam and male eye candy for woman and the action and the Bond girls for the guys and well The character of Bond appealed to Both in a different way
    Every girl when they went to see the films said i want my James Bond and guys wanted to be bond, I think the closest contenders to it are Chris Hemsworth and Michael Fassbender.

Hm, I wonder when and how it was decided that Sean and Pierce were the most 'universaly appealing' Bonds for women? That is not really my impression from talking to girls about Bond. For me it seems to be highly individual, and you are just as likely to encounter someone who rates Moore or Craig were the most attractive. I even met someone who thought Dalton was the most handsome.

We just have to face the fact that everything in the Bond univers is divisive. No matter who is cast some will be happy and some will not and that goes for looks as well. All the actors who are rumored for the part are good looking to some, less good looking to others...

True, though I think Sean is truly beloved by almost everyone in any aspect. The other 5 are truly much more divisive but with Sean it seems like there is a universal agreement he was a wonderful Bond.
    All the Bond fsns love him even if he os not their number 1 favorite.

But at the end its true while many will love the next Bond another thousands will hate him.

• Ummmm no superheros as bond please...
    And he is Australian
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    If I had to live with it. The film would be panned and probably bomb ...so it would be short lived.

Unfortunately probably would kill the movie Bond as we know it.

Got to get it right after SP or remaining days on Netflix before fan films on YouTube.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Can he act?
    Not from what I've seen. Terribly wooden in everything I've seen him in and somewhat monotone too. Facial expressions seem to be somewhat limited as well.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Can't be Bond ...his performance in Ghostbusters would haunt him.

Why was Charles Dance in that movie??
  • Let's change the poll slightly, by adding one very important other poll option to this topic. Because in the end, a choice has to be made between status quo and change. How would your votes then look like:

1982 Dan Stevens - 0
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 0
    1977 Tom Hardy - 0
    1972 Idris Elba - 0
    1986 Sam Claflin - 0
    1989 Nicholas Hoult - 0
    1984 Theo James - 0
    1968 Daniel Craig - 0
    1983 Aidan Turner - 0
    1977 Michael Fassbender - 0
    1953 Pierce Brosnan - 0
    1981 Rupert Friend - 0
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 0

I'm holding out for Craig...........unless Tim want's to come back and be the first 007 actor to play the part in his 70s. I'd be perfectly fine with that.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Realistically I want Daniel Back. Unrealistically, I want 5 more Bond movies with Pierce.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2016 Posts: 4,554
    I would be "OK" with CH as Bond. He was terrific in Rush, a little-seen gem of a racing movie.
  • As we have to consider all options, here's my (wish)list. Please follow-up ;-):

1982 Dan Stevens - 0
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 0
    1977 Tom Hardy - 0
    1972 Idris Elba - 0
    1986 Sam Claflin - 0
    1989 Nicholas Hoult - 0
    1984 Theo James - 0
    1968 Daniel Craig - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 0
    1953 Pierce Brosnan - 0
    1981 Rupert Friend - 0
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 0
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    1982 Dan Stevens - 0
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 0
    1977 Tom Hardy - 0
    1972 Idris Elba - 0
    1986 Sam Claflin - 0
    1989 Nicholas Hoult - 0
    1984 Theo James - 0
    1968 Daniel Craig - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 1
    1953 Pierce Brosnan - 0
    1981 Rupert Friend - 0
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 0
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited September 2016 Posts: 9,020
    No @Gustav_Graves let's not slightly change the poll.
    I created the poll assuming Craig would not return.

Here are the corrected scores if anyone wants to continue the poll.

1979 Luke Evans - 2
    1977 Michael Fassbender - 16
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 2
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 2
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 16
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 20
    1986 Tom Hughes - 1
    1991 James Frecheville - 1

For now I changed the topic to Chris Hemsworth, look at the title of the thread.

And he is Australian

and so was George Lazenby.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hemsworth is a great Thor, but would make a horrible Bond. So many of the names thrown around are ludicrous.

Szonana, its ok to have preferences, but to suggest, that DC didn't bring back the Ladies is ridiculous. He brought them BACK in droves. Plus the gays, something Pierce never achieved. So please, take it easy with your assumptions.

As far as I see it, CH isn't half as loved by the Ladies as some seem to suggest. But that's just my observations. Let him be Bond, no problem though. ;)
    DC brought the ladies BACK in droves?

That's funny, I didn't realise that Brosnan alienated the ladies. And the gays??
    Although I don't want to use emoticons anymore I need to just now
    =))

So poor Pierce wasn't appealing to gays...

I guess the franchise never recovered from that blow.
    And he is Australian

and so was George Lazenby.

Exactly..
    @BondJasonBond006 ...this is a one vote only poll isnt it,i take it ?
    edited September 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Yes everybody can vote once, that's correct. @barryt007 adding another actor that is yet not on the list is allowed too of course.

The original title of the thread was - which actor would you prefer to play Bond assuming Craig doesn't return.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Yes - not the name that would be first to come to mind. My wife, however, would have no problems whatsoever with him becoming Bond, haha.
    Yes everybody can vote once, that's correct. @barryt007 adding another actor that is yet not on the list is allowed too of course.

The original title of the thread was - which actor would you prefer to play Bond assuming Craig doesn't return.

A VERY interesting poll,and one vote will give an objective view...good thinking,my friend !!

DC brought the ladies BACK in droves?

That's funny, I didn't realise that Brosnan alienated the ladies. And the gays??
    Although I don't want to use emoticons anymore I need to just now
    =))

So poor Pierce wasn't appealing to gays...

I guess the franchise never recovered from that blow.

Watch your back rolling on the floor, Jason, you might get hurt.
    Hemsworth is a great Thor, but would make a horrible Bond. So many of the names thrown around are ludicrous.
    I read that someone from the Thor set mentioned that Hemsworth was head and shoulders above all other contestants, but I think he meant his phisical height, nothing else.