What is your breaking point that would make you stop being a Bond fan.

Comments

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I do admit that even though Brosnan is among my favourite Bonds, I was never a fan of his voice. But, then again, I don't have a problem with it because he just makes it go smooth with his performance. I really would've preferred though that Brosnan had a voice like Connery's or Moore's.

Mmm didn't like much Moore's voice it was too comedic for me its part of why I couldn't take Moore seriously in his more deadly scenes but at the end no one made his Bond more his own than Moore he was truly the most unique Bond.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Szonana wrote: »
    I do admit that even though Brosnan is among my favourite Bonds, I was never a fan of his voice. But, then again, I don't have a problem with it because he just makes it go smooth with his performance. I really would've preferred though that Brosnan had a voice like Connery's or Moore's.

Mmm didn't like much Moore's voice it was too comedic for me its part of why I couldn't take Moore seriously in his more deadly scenes but at the end no one made his Bond more his own than Moore he was truly the most unique Bond.
    It wasn't Moore's tone I was referring to. It was his deep voice. A deep voice that him, Craig and Connery own. Although, my all-time favourite voice provided for Bond has been Andrew Bicknell's who portrayed the character in the video game Agent Under Fire.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Benny wrote: »
    A poll on IMDB has the usual silly entrants. But a few shocks to go with it...
    http://www.imdb.com/poll/ZIVV7VpiGLA/results?answer=7&ref_=po_nr

At present...
    1. Tom Hardy
    2. Idris Elba
    3. Tom Hiddleston
    4. Michael Fassbender
    5. Emilia Clarke
    6. Clive Owen
    7. Christian Bale
    8. Danny DeVito =))
    9. Dan Stevens
    10. Gillian Anderson
    11. Damian Lewis
    12. Luke Evans
    13. Jennifer Lawrence
    14. Matthew Goode
    15. Richard Armitage
    16. James McAvoy
    17. Andrew Lincoln
    18. Theo James
    19. Priyanka Chopra
    20. Aidan Turner
    26. Timothy Dalton
    29. Roger Moore
    30. Jack O'Connell
    33. Jack Huston

Obviously this carries no weight and is all made a little fun. But I was surprised to see Aidan Turner so low. Maybe he's not as desirable as the tabloids and bookmakers make out.

and there was another before by IMDB as well with just male candidates.

http://www.imdb.com/poll/Fi5VgRphl6s/results?answer=3&ref_=po_rv

Here the results of that one with just the names

Tom Hardy
    Idris Elba
    Michael Fassbender
    Henry Cavil
    An Un Known actor ( that means non of the proposed candidates on this list)
    Tom Hidleston
    Clive Owen
    Jude Law
    Christian Bale
    Hough Jackman
    Richard Armitage
    Jason Statham
    Benedict Cumberbatch
    Damian Lewis
    Richard Madden
    Jon Hamm
    Rupert Friend
    Paul Bettany
    Taron Egerton
    Joseph Gordon Levit
    James McVoy
    Ewan McGregor
    Aaron Taylor Johnson
    Joseph Fiennes
    Eric Bana
    Sam Worthington
    Armie Hammer
    Jai Courtney
    Alex Pettyfier
    Jack O'Connel
    Liam Hemsworth

Aaron Taylor-Johnson? Joseph Fiennes? Some people are just mad...

...Really?! Wow!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Aaron Taylor Johnson
    Taron Egerton
    Joseph Gordon Levit
    Armie Hammer
    Jai Courtney

I hope none of these jokers get anywhere near a Bond film, let alone the lead role.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Mad ? " Isn't Everyone" (Thunderball ) ;)
    bondjames wrote: »
    Aaron Taylor Johnson
    Taron Egerton
    Joseph Gordon Levit
    Armie Hammer
    Jai Courtney

I hope none of these jokers get anywhere near a Bond film, let alone the lead role.
    Agreed! And I have to admit, Taron Egerton was one of the downers in Kingsman for me, let alone having him around as Bond.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »
    Aaron Taylor Johnson
    Taron Egerton
    Joseph Gordon Levit
    Armie Hammer
    Jai Courtney

Egerton is a pretty good actor, though; coupling him alongside the other four (never got the Joseph Gordon Levitt appeal, and everyone else is pretty wooden and dull on screen for me) isn't terribly fair. Wasn't sure if he'd have any popularity (or considerable acting chops) after 'Kingsman,' but he really impressed me with 'Eddie the Eagle.'
    @Creasy47, I would have understood if you had said Levit was out of place (although I've never seen the appeal, he has his fans), but Egerton? I agree with @ClarkDevlin that he was the worst thing about Kingsman, and his name was even left off the blu ray cover in some regions. I haven't seen 'Eddie The Eagle' though, so perhaps he has potential that I've not yet seen.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 40,509
    Because it wouldn't have made a difference in terms of sales if you threw his name on the cover; hardly anyone knew of him, even after 'Kingsman' was released; he's no George Clooney or Brad Pitt. His acting abilities weren't stand out or overly impressive in 'Kingsman' for sure, but I was surprised with how well he played Michael Edwards. If anything, he doesn't deserve to be compared to the likes of Jai Courtney or Aaron Taylor-Johnson, some of the most wooden actors I've ever seen.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Indeed. Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Jai Courtney & Sam Worthington are cut from the same moldy plank, as it were.

Taylor-Johnson was dispatched in Age of Ultron, so perhaps Disney realized their mistake somewhere during filming. I hope other studios don't have to learn the same lesson.
    I was wondering why he wasn't in 'Civil War'; I remember hearing he was cast in one of the comic book movies, but I didn't see him anywhere in that. To be fair, I missed 'Age of Ultron' and 'Ant-Man' before seeing it. Oops.
    I'm sorry to spoil anything, but I can assure you that you didn't miss much in the way of his performance.
    No apologies needed; I'm assuming he doesn't make it through AoU, which is fine because I got through about eight or nine minutes of that movie a while back before shutting it right off. Perhaps reading a quick synopsis of the movie would've helped before seeing 'Civil War,' but the less time I focus on that 'Avengers' movie, the better.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694
    It's quite suitable that the character Aaron Taylor-Johnson has in AoU is speed, because his performance is very "blink and you miss it." Easily one of the weaker things about that film. He didn't even need to be there, really, and added nothing to it; it shows too, with his scant dialogue.

Not missing anything there, @Creasy47, though I will say AoU is worth the watch. I don't get the hate for it, really. What happens in Sokovia is the kicker for much of what phase 3 will be about, and missing that would be a mistake. You'll lose a lot of the impact of Civil War without it, I feel.
    I just don't care for these movies enough to worry about continuity or everything making sense; I managed to enjoy 'Civil War' enough without understanding 100% of it, and anything I may have missed can be easily looked up online, sparing me the wasted time and boredom that would come from attempting to watch that CG-fest of a movie again.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Szonana wrote: »

It wasn't Moore's tone I was referring to. It was his deep voice. A deep voice that him, Craig and Connery own. Although, my all-time favourite voice provided for Bond has been Andrew Bicknell's who portrayed the character in the video game Agent Under Fire.

I meant the voice sounds a little too funny to me, sorry it looked like i was saying of the tone of his performance.
    There is something about Moore's voice which is perfect for comedy, even when he was torturing Miss Sanders ( Scaramanga's mistress) in the man with the golden gun his voice hada comedic feel to it.

edited June 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Hey, while we're at it, seeing irregular suggestions like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Taron Egerton and Danny DeVito being on the list, and I am not talking about the gender-bent suggestions yet, why not go for Topher Grace? He did a Bond audition years ago...

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

@Thunderpussy, you should SEE this!!!
    =)) I too have that same dream :))
    =)) I too have that same dream :))
    You can't possibly imagine how many hours do I spend fantasizing myself to be that super-spy with tons of Bond Girls around me. :))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,452
    Andrea Riseborough and...

tumblr_mexf5mQAIA1qeuzrdo2_500.jpg

actor-clive-owen-and-actress-andrea-riseborough-attends-the-cinema-picture-id169686414

article-2307373-193B0FE8000005DC-754_634x919.jpg

ecb163f61b71a749e945da943ea23081.jpg

With James Darcy (2 Years older then Fassbender, he is 40/41.)
    we_1600x900_two.jpg?itok=TpAsaMe9

Hiddleston and James Darcy at Cloud Atlas where Darcy (and Ben Wishaw) playing in.
    tom-hiddleston-james-darcy-cloud-atlas-gala-screening-09.jpg

Not only replacing Daniel Craig as Bond...
    tom-hiddleston-the-deep-blue-sea-movie-stills-tom-hiddleston-26445566-1400-932.jpg
    Imagine... We together looking to a Skyfall of stars.. lissing to Coldplay..

daniel-craig-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-1.jpg

tumblr_o5fwjxUsic1saykiio1_500.gif

At the pres conference of Bond 26..

Batistaquits_crop_340x234.jpg?1307383408

8469592959_9d5b9fc86b_z.jpg

8469592501_d81fb77cc2_z.jpg
    Because not Barbara, but you.. Do you already make you choose..
    Riseborough is a classy babe, no doubt, and Hiddle is one smooth b*st*rd imho.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Riseborough has been up close and personal with many of the men who've been sought for the Bond role in year's past. Is she a mole of Barbara's hidden inside the entertainment industry?
    My wife is watching the BBC drama In the Club. Anybody knows anything about Luke Thompson? Thespian, played Shakespeare, RADA graduate of 2013, 6'2", brown hair, blue/green eyes... Haven't seen him in anything, but he caught my eyes and his c.v. is promising: https://www.rada.ac.uk/profiles?aos=acting&yr=2013&fn=luke&sn=thompson
    Riseborough has been up close and personal with many of the men who've been sought for the Bond role in year's past. Is she a mole of Barbara's hidden inside the entertainment industry?

Not sure, but she does have a small mole on her upper left thigh...

@Perilagu_Khan, am I to take this very intimate information as a sign that you and Ms. Riseborough have indeed been scuba diving together? You dog...
    Maybe, she was just looking after it, for a friend ? :)
    Roger Moore's aunt. I hear she is tall dark and handsome ;)
    But she doesn't have 3 nipples by God

@Perilagu_Khan, am I to take this very intimate information as a sign that you and Ms. Riseborough have indeed been scuba diving together? You dog...

I am a big dog and I cannot lie...