Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

Finally got round to watching Esio Trot which was made by the BBC starring Judi Dench and Dustin Hoffman. A charming watch indeed! :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Power

Game of Thrones...Stannis is a ****.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The Game on BBC 2, =D> can't praise this 70s spy show enough. Plenty of
    Twists in the story, double agents etc. Brilliant, I do hope they make a second
    series, although as with British TV , a series is only six episodes.
    New Tricks season 10 episode 1-5, a pleasurably and comfortable show about a cold case unit with retired policemen and a female chef.
    Pinewood 80 years of movie magic.
    Although I enjoyed it, I was hoping for a tad more about Spectre?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited June 2015 Posts: 4,043
    DrGorner wrote: »
    The Game on BBC 2, =D> can't praise this 70s spy show enough. Plenty of
    Twists in the story, double agents etc. Brilliant, I do hope they make a second
    series, although as with British TV , a series is only six episodes.

Thoroughly agree, if I had any criticisms I'd say the conclusion of the plot might have taken the story in to a more fantastical area that slightly jarred with the rest of it, whereas most of it echoed Le Carre the last episode was more Bond, Cox's line even lifted one of Dench's M's most quoted pieces of dialogue of Skyfall.

Although that aside it was thoroughly entertaining, well acted especially by Paul Ritter, who's Bobbie Waterhouse was such a great character and of course Tom Hughes who is my new tip for no. 7 when the time comes.

Not forgetting Daniel Pemberton's fantastic music, that theme is a real gem.

Just watched episode 4 of Johnathan Strange & Mr Norrel, hats off to the BBC another triumph, a lavish and beautifully staged series with great performances, both Bertie Carvel & Eddie Marsan are on top form as the title characters and Mark Warren is suitably creepy as the Gentleman.

Followed by episode 9 of Game of Thrones, after last week the series really kicked into gear with one of it's finest ever episodes and this weeks has carried on that momentum with another stormer.
    Watched episodes four to six of "Penny Dreadful" (season one). It's a great show with fantastic actors, but it's certainly not for children, that's for sure.
    Wait till you get to season 2 lol.
    I agree @Shardlake the music in " The Game" was great, very atmospheric, and
    I also enjoyed the opening titles, very good indeed. :)
    edited June 2015 Posts: 4,043

Only 2 episodes to go but Denmark's epic series 1864 has been an extraordinary watch. As epic and vivid as any series that depicts the brutality and futility of war. Regulars from The Killing, Borgen & The Legacy deliver brilliant performances, showing they can do historical epics as good as they can do detective thrillers and political drama's.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02stxym/credits
    On BBC i-player " Premium Bonds" Mathew Sweet and Mark Gattis discuss
    Who was the best Bond. Very entertaining as I know Mark Gattis is a big
    Bond fan, and his views match my own, except perhaps on who was the best. ;)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Dear Dr Gorner thank you for posting the above it's a great watch =D>
    Hannibal

A cracking start to Season 3 and Mads & Gillian on top form. A sumptuous visual feast, my favourite show on TV back on, well pleased.
    Thanks for link, will watch that after work.

Currently watching TFI Friday! Wow it takes me back!!! \m/
    Final 2 episodes of 1864 truly amazing episode 7 contained a battle to rival anything in Saving Private Ryan, visceral, terrifying and moving. Closing on an emotional final episode 8 that didn't descend into sentimentality. I hear Harvey Weinstein intends a big screen Hollywood remake, why bother Harv you'll never top this, one of the most incredible TV drama's I've seen in years.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Currently watching TFI Friday! Wow it takes me back!!! \m/
    Have they rebooted it?
    Watching a lot of TV shows at the moment. :D
    Arrow season 3 - Well, the 1st season was the best but the 3rd is better than the 2nd... But I enjoy it :)
    The Avengers I love the series! Now I have watched all the original ones (especially enjoyed the ones with Emma Peel) and now go on with the New Avengers, which is not so good...
    Cranford A BBC series from 2007 with Judi Dench. It's very sad - how can so many sad things happen in a few episodes?!
    Downton Abbey I really love the series. Just finished the last episodes and am waiting for the new ones.
    Jeeves and Wooster Just finished it and really loved it!!!!
    And of course every Sunday Tatort (German police procedural TV series). ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I can't argue with Sweet. :D Connery is a given, but I was honestly expecting Sweet to go with Moore.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Ray Donovan: Ok, I've just finished Seasons 1 (rewatched) and 2 (first time)

I absolutely love this show. It focuses on the life and family of the titular character, played by the always excellent and charismatic Liev Schreiber (he's worth watching it for alone) and his dysfunctional family. He's a 'fixer'/cleaner, who works for two shady lawyers (played superbly by Elliot Gould and Peter Jacobson).

Somewhat impressively, the show somehow brings Boston's Southie atmosphere to Los Angeles, and blends the two perfectly. So it has the feel of Scorsese's the Departed, Michael Mann's Heat & Collateral, Breaking Bad, as well as Sonnenfeld's Elmore Leonard based Get Shorty (without the humour).

The incomparable Jon Voight is also in it (again, reason enough to watch it).

Highly recommended show.
    p9311951_b_v7_ad.jpg
    The finale of "Bitten"
    What a piece of dreck. I liked the first season but the second season was a mistake. They introduced these witches and that just took the focus off the werewolves. Hell the wolves did not even change that much in Season 2 as they did in Season 1. It can't be for lack of funds because they had a lot of FX with the witches but I felt the season was more about the witches and less about the werewolves (IMO the more intriguing character and culture).

Finished watching Classic Who serial "The War Games". A great ending to Patrick Troughton's era (and surprised to see a second french actor in Who : Vernon Dobtcheff, a name not unknown to Bond fans).

Also Who related : the first two episodes of "K-9". Yes, I know, but it's fun.

Have watched two episodes of "Hawaii Five-0" yesterday Doesn't hold a candle to its predecessor, but still fun.

Will try to watch Penny Dreadful tonight.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I've just started watching the old Saint tv series with Roger Moore (I'm starting with the black and white ones).

Moore fits the role of Simon Templar like a glove. Love the Volvo, the girls, all the cool actors who would later become famous (including many Bond alumni including Shirley Eaton, Honor Blackman, Anthony Dawson (Prof. Dent) etc. By the way, anyone who says Moore can't haul ass or kick butt has to watch these old Saint episodes. The man was much more adept in his younger days.

I just wish these were in HD.
    st.jpg
    "Filming my Father In Life and Death"
    A channel 5 documentary about a family filming their Dad who is diagnosed with Motor neurone disease. My goodness what a heart breaking program, the whole family were amazing.
    The I.T. Crowd Very funny show, recommend to anyone who has not seen it
    I finally gave in and started watching "Game of Thrones" and I am hooked. I do not subscribe to HBO and have had to get them from the library. I just finished season 4 and will have to wait a few months before seeing the new Season 5...

Seeing how the show kills characters and they drop like flies, it gets to me. Especially after seeing Rob Stark and his family murdered in season 3. Nevertheless I can see a few characters that have that "glow" about them, meaning the writers have taken a liking to them and they will never be killed off.
    Arya Stark
    Jon Snow
    Tyrelian Lannister (I may be spelling the name wrong)

I detest the rest of the Lannisters, Theon Grayjoy ( he should be killed and put out of his misery). Lord Bayless, aka Little Finger is a slim ball but I like him. I remember the actor when he played on "The Wire".

Is there a chat room where we can discuss this superb show? Please no Season 5 Spoilers.
    And yet you managed to spoil a significant moment in season 3 for anyone who has yet to watch the show.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Gerard wrote: »
    Finished watching Classic Who serial "The War Games". A great ending to Patrick Troughton's era (and surprised to see a second french actor in Who : Vernon Dobtcheff, a name not unknown to Bond fans).

There's not much that can beat a bit of Troughton Who.
    Anyone see the opening episode of "Humans" on Channel 4 last night? Very interesting but had me reaching for my Bladerunner DVD.
    Yes, I thought Humans, was very good indeed. :)