Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I watched a few episodes. but gave up. I found it stupid and macabre.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Hannibal is the one show I'm waiting to return more than any other this year and in my view Mads has eclipsed Hopkins, this is the authors Hannibal so much more.

Wolf Hall

Simply brilliant, Mark Rylance as Cromwell is mesmirising, don't watch if you don't like a slow pace but if you enjoy the likes of TTSS the TV series you'll be right at home.
  • Fortitude.
    the dead zone
    the republic of Doyle
    Watching Andromeda and 24 from the start.

Im currently at the end of the third season of 24 :) Great show.

• Dalton12 wrote: »

I've started watching 24 as well and as a side note Kiefer Sutherland is on Top Gear this week.
    Dalton12 wrote: »

Great to know thanks :)
  • Waiting for the last part of season 7 from Mad Men
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 372
    Skins I hate Effy. Effy is just an annoying posh girl and the whole "oooh look at me I'm such a rebel and I'm so mysterious" act is so boring. And all the lads on the show seem to think she's really fit but she does nothing for me. There's nothing about her that's interesting and I feel like the only reason she's still in it was to have some sort of link to the first two series.

I hate Freddy too. He's just a whiney little bitch. He's decided he really likes this girl that he's barely ever even spoken too and now he's all stroppy because Cook f***ed her. He's so bland too, no personality at all.

And I hate Pandora. She's just really annoying.

The rest of them I like. Cook's brilliant, really funny and I like the bits with him and JJ. I like the twins too, Emily's cute, Katie's a bit of a bitch but that's sort of the point and they're both really fit. I like Naomi too and I like the African kid.

Oh, and Gareth off The Office was in it, which was cool. He's funny in it. I liked it when he necked the pot noodle to try and show off how hard he was.

Someone recommended Skins to me when I was still in high school and I have to say I've never seen a show with such unlikable characters and such awful storylines. I especially agree with what you said about Effy, she's just rotten to the core and makes things nearly unbearable to watch. The most irritating thing, though, is that it's passed off as some profound tv series whilst it's very poorly written melodrama about a bunch of drug-using privileged teenagers.

Apparently, Danny Boyle cast Dev Patel in Slumdog Millionaire after seeing him in Skins and although I think Patel is a terrific actor, I really wonder how Boyle could cast an actor based on their performance on that show. Movie directors must have a great eye to recognize a good actor in bad material. (:
  • Better Call Saul.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    First season of The Walking Dead,very good !
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    DrGorner wrote: »
    First season of The Walking Dead,very good !

I've just finished of the first half of series 5, and i'd agree. I hadn't watched any of this show until about 3 weeks ago.
    Yep !, I'm working my way through the seasons. :)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Sad to say I've just watched the first episode of the new Mat Lucas comedy Pompidou on BBC Two He really has lost the plot this time
    Started watching "Better Call Saul". While not as good as Breaking Bad still very solid
    Dalton12 wrote: »

Just reasontly watched Live another Day, was hooked as usual had some great moments and genuinely sad ending. Devane was superb!

2/3s the way through day one, just ordered Day two and have three already. Really enjoying revisiting the show, I really only discovered 24 around Day four when it originally aired. When it was on TV missed much of the earlier episodes. With box sets i can watch four or five episodes back to back.
    :)
  • My childhood is back!
    THE MAFIA with Trevor McDonald.

What an eye opener, so looking forward to part 2 next week. To see and hear what went on from former members of the Mob was simply astounding! Scary but fascinating stuff. If anyone is interested it will be on the ITVPlayer. Well worth a watch!
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    Does anyone here watch The Blacklist? It's a hidden gem among all the other crime shows on today. Some of the episodes really feel like the plots have Bond potential, and James Spader is an excellent actor in the show, and might as well be a straight-up Bond villain
    Does anyone here watch The Blacklist? It's a hidden gem among all the other crime shows on today. Some of the episodes really feel like the plots have Bond potential, and James Spader is an excellent actor in the show, and might as well be a straight-up Bond villain

I have seen it advertised here a lot on Sky but have never seen it?
    Law & order criminal intent, great show.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,813
    51KQ4BfM5TL._SY355_.jpg

Me and my girlfriend have been binge watching SPARTACUS on Netflix. That show rocks and there's enough nudity for everyone, lol

We most recently got to the Season 1 finale-- which is bittersweet because now we know it's Andy Whitfield's final episode :(

But the show rocks and I love it.

BTW there are a LOT of actors on this show who ended up being on Arrow, including Captain Boomerang, Nyssa al Ghul and of course, good ol' Deathstroke

'HEY KID...' lol he has the coolest voice

290?cb=20130717174920

I even heard Arrow's Stephen Amell was one of the possible replacements for Andy Whitfield! And now (of course) the actual replacement Liam McIntyre is on The Flash!

I urge you all to give this show a chance-- I didn't like the pilot episode at all, but apparently it was directed by one guy (who was going for more of a '300' vibe) and the rest of the show ditched the idea. So what we're left with is a bad pilot episode and a GREAT rest of the series. That almost never happens
    Wonder Woman 70s tv show, been rerunning them on Horror channel. Has there ever been any woman as gorgeous and athletic on tv, to me no. lol
    The world at war, great documentary series.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Empire (Taraji P Henson as Cookie Lyon is straight fire)
    The Walking dead
  • CigaretteLeiterCigaretteLeiter United States
    RogueAgent wrote: »

I have seen it advertised here a lot on Sky but have never seen it?

It's definitely worth watching
    :D
    BBC House of Cards. For fans of the Spacey series, this BBC series aired almost 25 years before the American version. The series was only 4 one hour episodes, so stories and characters aren't as developed at the new series. Ian Richardson, however, is a charmer.
    One might say the original FU is better than the new one, but of course I couldn't say that.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2015 Posts: 23,883
    CrabKey wrote: »
    BBC House of Cards. For fans of the Spacey series, this BBC series aired almost 25 years before the American version. The series was only 4 one hour episodes, so stories and characters aren't as developed at the new series. Ian Richardson, however, is a charmer.
    One might say the original FU is better than the new one, but of course I couldn't say that.

Agreed. The original FU is a legend. There were two sequels also (To Play the King, which is excellent, and The Final Cut which is not so good imho but still better than a lot of tv out there). Worth picking the set up on the remastered blu ray that was released a few yrs back.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I just purchased and watched the entire season 5 of the Avengers on Blu ray (US Region 1 release). I am at a loss for words.

Two Words to be exact: Diana Rigg
    Ok, maybe three Words: Mrs. Emma Peel

Absolutely amazing to see her in all her delectable splendour in HD. Truly stunning.

I'm sure everyone's familiar with this cult show but if not, I suggest taking a look. Totally 60's, totally quirky, totally British. John Steed, played by the inimitable Patrick Macnee (sorry Mr. Fiennes, you're great, but you're no Macnee) is the quintessential bowler hat wearing, umbrella twirling English gentleman spy. Emma Peel, played by the lovely Diana Rigg, is his super stylish, incredibly witty and smart, serious butt kicking assistant. Together they solve all kinds of eccentric capers, all while retaining classic English charm, humour & finesse.

The show looks better than ever as well, since it's a remastered version. I remain amazed at how advanced some of the concepts (sci-fi) were for their time, and it's great to see great actor cameos in their prime (e.g. Peter Cushing, Peter Bowles, Donald Sutherland etc.). Athough it's a little 'off-the-wall' at times, Mrs. P makes up for it..

I hope they release the first Rigg season (Season 4 which was all black & white) on Region 1 US Blu. If not, I'll have to buy a region free blu-ray player and purchase the UK version that was already released earlier this year.

Mrs. Peel rocks!
    Avengers-Season-5-Blu-ray.jpg