Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

For the love of cars.

Finally got see it today! What an amazing job those guys did on that wreck of a DBS! :-O And to set a NEW WORLD RECORD in terms of price sold at auction? Stunning! =D>
  • Finishing off series 1 of 24. I reckon Kiefer Sutherland would have made a good Bond.
    Xmen 1992 Working my way through all five seasons, been sometime since I watched this show (2nd best animated series IMO) The animation is good, though it's the characters and story telling that is great. This show was very loyal to the comics, unlike some of the films.
    24 Live Another Day.

Had this for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and watched through last week! For me it has lost none of its magic.

No idea how true the article is but Fox are open to the idea of more series of 24 even without Kiefer Sutherland???!!!!! :-O
    I sincerely hope the last part is not true!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Two TV shows on at the moment in the UK that I think are great are.
    No Offence, a police drama on channel 4 , very funny but also realistic.
    The Game, exciting MI5 series set in the 70s, I'd highly recommend it.
    It's on BBC 2 but can also be seen on the BBC i-player.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    24 Live Another Day.

Had this for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and watched through last week! For me it has lost none of its magic.

No idea how true the article is but Fox are open to the idea of more series of 24 even without Kiefer Sutherland???!!!!! :-O

William Devane was superb in this
    Dealing with his illness and the line where the president talks about not being able to remember about his daughters horrible death in a year due to said illness. Heart breaking moment
    Love this show, without Jack it just would not be the same.
  • Episodes
    I'm inching my way into the American Law & Order franchise. I started off as a big fan of Law & Order: UK when the original cast were still a part of it (Bradley Walsh, Jamie Bamber, Freema Agyeman and Ben Daniels) but kind of fell off when nearly everyone began to get replaced. Certainly gave it a chance, but that Walsh+Bamber duo simply could not be beat. I understand that the show has been put on an 'indefinite break' which is never a good thing. Ah, well.

I'm curious, because I'm from the States - did people in Britain and Europe consider it to be a good show also? I thought many of the episodes were phenomenal during the early seasons.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Just finished watching Season 4 of Once Upon A Time. For a series that I wasn't interested in to begin with, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Shame I've gotta wait for Season 5 now.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    24 Live Another Day.

William Devane was superb in this
    Dealing with his illness and the line where the president talks about not being able to remember about his daughters horrible death in a year due to said illness. Heart breaking moment
    Love this show, without Jack it just would not be the same.

Fully agree with your thoughts!
    Beware the Batman Six episodes into season 1, enjoying this animated series. Recommend to fans of the Bat...
    Just watched the first three episodes of "Penny Dreadful". Really enjoying it. Being a fan of Victorian fantasy, and of some of the actors in the series, how could I not love it ? And Rory Kinnear has become my favourite actor in the role he plays (so close to his portrayal in the novel). Highly recommended.
    Finished my marathon of Scooby Doo: Where Are You? Still one of the best/my favorite cartoons of all time.
    ATLANTIS on BBC1.

Once again a great show IMHO which like Ripper Street before it, has been axed by the Beeb in it's alleged infinite wisdom with a new story line left WIDE OPEN! Shame on you BBC, I really do wonder you ever bother starting something to not end it properly?!!! :-q
    Just watched the very last episode of Mad Men. Since i first saw season 1 back in 2008, Mad Men has been something very special. The characters, the directions the show has taken, and the era it have been depicting in such a great manner, have been truly amazing.

I like the direction this last season has taken, and I think the conclusion of the series could not have been done better. The best tv show I've seen - by far!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah, I was surprised Madmen ended the way it did. I was expecting a grim conclusion to the series ever since season 1.

Also caught up with the latest episode of GoT; nice to see Adewale show up as a pirate.

Lastly the latest episode of penny dreadful. Witches, witches witches and bbq.
    the BBC series New Tricks with a gorgeous Amanda Redman. The new series has that lass from Eastenders in it.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'm watching " No Offence" channel 4 police drama, brilliant mix of comedy
    and realistic police work. They only just busted a racist wedding to arrest the
    Groom and the cake and buns had Swastikas on them. :))
    Yesterday, I watched "Secrets d'Histoire". It's a documentary show which tells the life of of a historical figure, with visits to the places they lived in and extracts of movies featuring them. Ths time, it was Louis XVI. Which gave me the opportunity of seeing him guillotined by... Sir Christopher Lee. Yes, Sir Chris played Samson, the high executioner who sent so many people to a premature grave during the French Revolution, in a two-part movie called "La Révolution Française".

This evening, the last two episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Can't wait.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 6,432
    Midway through Arrow season 3. Just watched the episode called The Climb this was very good indeed. Arrow currently my favourite TV show. They are setting up the TV DCU well also within the show.
    George Gently on BBC1.

Final episode of the series, quality viewing as always with this show. I look forward to the next set of episodes soon! :-bd
  • bojack horseman
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bojack horseman

Would you recommend it? I read that a second (or third, I'm not sure, I don't follow the show) season is coming out soon, I've meant to check it out but it's never at the top of my list.
    Yesterday, I watched the classic Doctor Who episode "The Invasion". And I was very happy to.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Just finished watching Peter Kay's Car Share a small series of six half hour shorts that are to be honest the funniest thing that has been on telly in many a long time
    If you can find it on BBC I Player please give it a watch I doubt that you will be disapointed.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 do you watch shows only once, or do you rewatch them too? I've been thinking of rewatching shows like 'Prison Break', 'The Wire'. Is the rewatch as epic as discovering it for the first time? I must say I've never rewatched a show after finishing it.
    @DaltonCraig007, I've actually become pretty half-assed with most shows lately because I don't have the energy to sit here and buffer episode after episode, so if it's not something new I'm checking out on Netflix or somewhere with ease, then it's not a show that I really bother even watching. The only show that I watch religiously, up-to-date, and repeatedly is 'Game of Thrones.' I've had about four or five marathons of it, and because there's so much story, detail, thrilling action scenes, and insane plot twists, it's always as entertaining to me as it was the first time.

I would probably be more inclined to return to old shows and give them another go, but most of them have either been a big disappointment to me (I know the ending of 'Lost' was a huge bummer, but it's been so long now that I've wanted to go back for years. Then you also have shows like 'Dexter,' which were great for a while with tons of replayability, but as soon as season five hit, the show went incredibly downhill. I didn't even finish it.) I think the final problem for me is that there are countless amounts of new and old shows and films that I want to get around to, so it's hard for me to justify going back and rewatching too many shows.

Some day when I have the time, I most certainly will, but in a shortened version, I've gone back and rewatched one show many times and loved it just as much as the first time around. As for your examples, I'd love to go back and rewatch 'Prison Break,' and I really need to sit down some time and start 'The Wire' properly.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47 I understand, there was a time I watched a lot of shows but for the past year or so I haven't watched any. So I've been wanting to start being interested in shows again.
    @DaltonCraig007, well the way you post about recently watched movies in the 'Last Movie You Watched?' thread, you seem to have the will to be able to sit down and soak up filmography for an extended period of time, so a few proper show marathons should be right up your alley. The question is, would you rather watch something brand new that comes highly recommended, or would you rather spend the time giving old shows you've seen in the past a rewatch with fresh eyes?
    edited May 2015 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 to get back in the mood I think a new show would be better. Would you mind suggesting one? Recent shows I haven't seen: 'True Detective', 'Fargo', 'The Knick', 'Legends', 'Orange is the New Black', 'Better Call Saul', 'Vikings', 'Penny Dreadful'. Recent shows I've only seen some episodes: 'House of Cards', 'The Americans', 'Banshee'.