Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey

Cosmos2014_620-2.jpg

This is excellent stuff! As a fan of Sagan's original series, I at first wasn't sure what to expect from this reinvention of the Cosmos format. But right after episode 1, I knew I was in for something really good! Neil deGrasse Tyson is an excellent host, a charismatic scientist who talks about science the way I do when I teach. ;-) The images are often breathtakingly beautiful, the metaphors stunningly efficient and the level of detail surprisingly high. This is the type of fun-with-science shows that isn't about household tricks and experiments but about the bigger picture of things, from the tiniest particle in the cosmos to the vast extends of the cosmos itself. The historical accounts are essential for a better understanding of the methods of science, its strengths and weaknesses, and its difficult coming-of-age process over the past few centuries. Spectacle is guaranteed; Cosmos may very well be the best science popularizing show out there. Even if you've never had a formal science education, you need to watch this show!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Star Trek: The Original Series.
    Star_Trek_by_1darthvader.jpg

I haven't watched it in a while. Fall season is the perfect time to watch it. Been watching it with my mom. We've been enjoying it sharing our love with the show.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey

Cosmos2014_620-2.jpg

This is excellent stuff! As a fan of Sagan's original series, I at first wasn't sure what to expect from this reinvention of the Cosmos format. But right after episode 1, I knew I was in for something really good! Neil deGrasse Tyson is an excellent host, a charismatic scientist who talks about science the way I do when I teach. ;-) The images are often breathtakingly beautiful, the metaphors stunningly efficient and the level of detail surprisingly high. This is the type of fun-with-science shows that isn't about household tricks and experiments but about the bigger picture of things, from the tiniest particle in the cosmos to the vast extends of the cosmos itself. The historical accounts are essential for a better understanding of the methods of science, its strengths and weaknesses, and its difficult coming-of-age process over the past few centuries. Spectacle is guaranteed; Cosmos may very well be the best science popularizing show out there. Even if you've never had a formal science education, you need to watch this show!
    Agreed. We bought the BR version, and it's fantastic.

My Son just initiated a second (for HIM) watching of Dark Angel and it's SO predictive of our world today... minus the hot transgenic babe helping to save us all from our stupid short-sighted nonsense.
    In fantasyland, Max Guevarra (as well as James Bond) will save us......
    :)>-
  • Gotham. Good approach. I've always like James Gordon's character. Watching little Bruce Wayne grow and deal with his parents death will be interesting.
  • Happy birthday mate.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I typed loads but the site fucked up and only posted a few lines. Not doing all that again so delete this.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 12,837
    EDIT: Went to change something and I deleted all the text by mistake so you can delete this posts mods.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Alan Partridge - Series 1 and 2

I forget how funny this show was. And what a obnoxious berk Alan is. Cringe inducing comedy at it's best.

The first series was quality, and the second, well, the stand out episode is "Never Say Alan Again", as a Bond fan, of course. "Don't get Bond wrong!!!" So many times have I corrected my mates on Bond. Although, I worried I may turn into Alan when I get older. Scary thought that.
  • Arrow - series 2
    I love it, although series 1 was way better imo!
    Arrow.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sleepy hollow.
    Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series) - I started watching Battlestar Galactica a few months ago & it's a pretty cool show. Sometime soon, I will watch the series finale. Battlestar Galactica is now one of my favorite science fiction shows besides Star Trek-TNG & TOS, Firefly, StarGate.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Doctor Who: The Tenth Planet

landmark7.jpg

The big game changer for the show. The Cybermen are my favourite DW monsters, but I don't really like their design here (though it does make sense given their origin), I prefer their look in The Invasion (which is what I think of as the best Cybermen story).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Sleepy hollow.

That was a pretty good show, but I missed the last episode. What happened?
  • Breaking Bad.
    Breaking Bad.

Great show .
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Lilyhammer. The third season is probably the best of them all.
    Breaking Bad 10/10
  • James May's Toy Stories -Flight club. never thought i'd tear up over a balsa wood glider.
    Batman: The Animated Series (from the 90s), which I've been marathoning through. It's so excellent, and I find it geared just as much to adults as it is to kids. Some of the episodes I watched included Almost Got 'Im, Birds of a Feather, I Am the Night, and What is Reality? I really recommend it to anyone looking for a terrific retro show to get hooked on.
  • Extras

Been watching this again. I think it's by far the funniest thing Ricky Gervais has ever done. Best part of it is still Steve Merchant and Sean Williamson. They make such a great double act and Sean especially is great as a fictional version of himself. All the celebrity guest stars are great too, except Samuel Jackson because he was soooo underused. He was barely in it.

The Wrong Mans

Second series (well, a two part christmas special). This was great. It's the funniest thing James Corden has done for a while (although I do like A League Of Their Own). It's very funny, James Corden and Matthew Bayton (Deano in Gavin and Stacey) are brilliant in it and it manages to mix comedy with action and emotional moments really well.

Also I think it deserves praise for another reason. It's a British show. It's made by the BBC. And it doesn't look crap. It actually looks like it's had quite a bit of money put into it. The first episode was set in Texas (that doesn't sound like much but the BBC actually going abroad to film is rare). There was a prison riot/breakout bit that was really well done. They had a cargo plane. There was an actual skydiving bit (done for real, not with shockingly bad CGI like you'd expect). It was all really well done.

It's the best thing the BBC has made for ages. Really funny show, the first series was great and this was even better, I hope they do more in the future.

Best line of the episode: "We don't have to actually be racist, we just have to hang out with them. It's like watching Top Gear".

• well it is christmas
  • Top Gear Patagonia Special.
    B55JpY4IgAA-6uG.jpg
    Top Gear Patagonia Special.
    B55JpY4IgAA-6uG.jpg

Just watched part 1, looking forward to part 2 tomorrow! :-bd
    Sean Connery Talking Pictures.

Really interesting watch especially seeing him age through his career, but you can always see that playful glint in eyes and the charm simply oozing out of him. ^:)^
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Walking Dead

I started watching this show from the first episode a few days ago. I have now cleared both the first and second series, and earlier watch episode 4 (When The Dead Come Knocking) of the third series.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,310
    Hannibal

NUP_152907_2544.jpg
    For a very long time I had written this show off as a cash in (like the films that came after Silence of the Lambs), and while this show may have been concieved with greed in mind, I think it has become one of the best on American television. It is a shame, too, because no one watches it (live broadcast, anyway).

The biggest thing I was worried about was comparing our very own Mads Mikkelsen to Anthony Hopkins. Yet Mikkelsen is truly excellent in the way he plays Hannibal - I enjoy him so much that he may very well be neck and neck with Hopkins.

The show can get pretty disturbing, and there are a few jumps in logic here and there (there are elements the police procedural), but it is much deeper than your average cop show. I'm very much looking forward to the show's 3rd season this summer and would recommend it to anyone looking for a dark, creepy and often unpredictable show. And as mentioned, Bond alumni Mads Mikkelsen kills it as Hannibal Lecter.

PS: There's only 26 episodes for you to catch up on, should you start! ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My buddy loves Hannibal and has been trying to indoctrinate persuade me to watch it for a while now. It looks interesting from what he has told me, so once I'm done following up on other shows I've neglected, it'll be near the top of the list.