The June 2016 UK Referendum on EU Membership: [UPDATE] What kind of BREXIT do YOU want?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Found this on facebook. :))
    aXYr2Dkl.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    ^ It's a pity they couldn't spell Boris' name correctly. It really shows the brains of those involved plus it originally referred to Jeremy Corbyn. Lazy.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    ^ It's a pity they couldn't spell Boris' name correctly. It really shows the brains of those involved plus it originally referred to Jeremy Corbyn. Lazy.

Man, this is funny :-P.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I see they didn't quite manage to digitally remove the gloves from
    Her Majesty's hands :D
    "If you make a mess, you should stay behind and fix it"

Well David Cameron didn't follow that advice either...

Perhaps all the Remain campaigners could start talking up the country, Instead
    Of bitching for a while. :))
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 11,119

Well David Cameron didn't follow that advice either...

As a Dutch outsider, all I can see when I hear the news about the UK in the wake of Brexit, is complete, utter, Shakespearian mess. Mess. And I think most British people still don't really understand the impact of this all. And that especially goes for the Michael Gove ft Boris Johnson fistfight...and that constant sneeky smile of Nigel Farage, a Dulwhich College elite smug boy -turned- populist. Ughh.

It saddens me to see the Divided Kingdom of Small Britain and Northern-Ireland these days. At least The Netherlands is a real unified country.
    So basically you're saying how Smarter, Europe is compared to the Stupid British ?
    With that attitude, I don't think We want to be a member of your Superior ideology. :P
    So basically you're saying how Smarter, Europe is compared to the Stupid British ?
    With that attitude, I don't think We want to be a member of your Superior ideology. :P

You're out. So stop blaiming :-). It's as simple as that. My previous post was also about how I feel as a Dutchman. And in all fairness.........I would love to steal away all these big enterprises and banks from London and hoping that they relocate their offices to Amsterdam.

That has nothing to do with the EU. But everything about the new state of geopolitics and geo-economics in Europe. There will be less EU and more national self-interest because of Brexit. So I'm not naive. I am realistic. UK is out. And it's for The Netherlands interests to 'steal away' all economy and relocate it to the Low Lands.

You are alone now. British people are as smart as Dutch people I think. But I won't bow to the UK, simply because I am Dutch. That's the new reality stupid :-).

edited July 2016 Posts: 17,828
    It's nice to know how little you really think of the UK, @Gustav_Graves. The City of London financial markets will not be moving to the Netherlands so you can forget all that.
    It's nice to know how little you really think of the UK, @Gustav_Graves. The City of London financial markets will not be moving to the Netherlands so you can forget all that.

I love many aspects of the UK. We're all Bond fans no ;-)? But what you call "belittling the UK", is for me Dutch self-interest. You will see it a lot more the upcoming years. Get used to it. And in the meanwhile we all look forward to the next Bond film ;-).
    “Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.”

So you admit we're gone. So you're just gloating ? Basking in your
    Superiority :)) how very Un-British :P
    “Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.”

So you admit we're gone. So you're just gloating ? Basking in your
    Superiority :)) how very Un-British :P

Well, I have always realized the UK is out of the EU after the outcome of the referendum.
    Vonstetinaseconddayof4daybattleof1666.jpg

Perhaps I can sing "The Netherlands will rule a bit more waves these days" :-P
    We were only ever reluctantly in, in the first place. :D
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

I love many aspects of the UK. We're all Bond fans no ;-)? But what you call "belittling the UK", is for me Dutch self-interest. You will see it a lot more the upcoming years. Get used to it. And in the meanwhile we all look forward to the next Bond film ;-).

So the bloke who was the foremost advocate of the EU round here admits he just cares about self-interest? At least he's honest unlike the Junckers of the world, although it does little to suggest Brexit was the wrong decision when that's the attitude of our European 'colleagues'.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...or the one."

So the bloke who was the foremost advocate of the EU round here admits he just cares about self-interest? At least he's honest unlike the Junckers of the world, although it does little to suggest Brexit was the wrong decision when that's the attitude of our European 'colleagues'.

But I am the foremost advocate of the EU. But I also see a 'new, slimmer' EU is shaping up. And perhaps the UK always was the biggest brake on that. A newer slimmer EU helps The Netherlands. But not the UK, as they are out.

And in case you start slamming me, I always supported the EU, but you always blatantly left out my arguments that I, like many Brits, want a EU that listens better to its citizens. But don't you dare to force me to say the words "Let's destroy the EU!!". I will never say that.

You know, you have "Remainers" in all sorts and shapes. And it saddens me to say that you don't see that. You only see the entire "Remain" camp as left-wing facists. Well, WAKE UP CALL. I am not left-wing. I am a progressive centrist. I will always be :-).
    Murdock wrote: »

Absolutely. And who is "the one" right now @Murdock :-).

I am not programmed to respond in that area.

I am not programmed to respond in that area.

hehe ;-). No worries mate.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Nice to see that I'm not the only one that quotes Spock !
    I get it now, Federation = EU :)>-
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 4,619
    Let's hope Theresa May can bring back some common sense AND some more inspiring and ideological leadership that doesn't look like this:

Theresa May wanted the UK to remain in the EU, she is not someone who fully embraces or someone who fully believes in the coming exit. Right now, the UK needs the leader who can 1. bring the country together and 2. 100% believes that British people made the right choice. That person is Andrea Leadsom.
    As a Dutch outsider, all I can see when I hear the news about the UK in the wake of Brexit, is complete, utter, Shakespearian mess.
    Oh, it's very likely that you will see a much larger mess in the Netherlands next year, after the far-right PPV wins the Dutch general election.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    in case you start slamming me, I always supported the EU, but you always blatantly left out my arguments that I, like many Brits, want a EU that listens better to its citizens.

It's all well and good issuing platitudes but you've never answered the question 'how do you get the decadent EU to listen to its citizens?'

Given that a vote for Remain would have been basically carte blanche for everyone to carry on as they are what choice did we have but to vote Brexit just to voice our displeasure?

The only other option open to the average voter would be to vote UKIP into power which somehow I sense you would probably not have preferred?
  • RC7RC7

I don't think many Britons care about the Netherlands if I'm honest. Most enjoy your weed and hookers, though.
    Is that gardening and rugby ? ;)
    RC7 wrote: »

I don't think many Britons care about the Netherlands if I'm honest. Most enjoy your weed and hookers, though.

And one thing the Dutch would like to see obliterated, is that foolish British supremacy ideal. As if Brittannia still rules the waves. It's being kept alive by an even more foolish conservative culture and class system, and it's luckily less present in Dutch society. How lovely those Saville row suits may look like, they are now violently being torn off :-).
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

And one thing the Dutch would like to see obliterated, is that foolish British supremacy ideal. As if Brittannia still rules the waves. It's being kept alive by an even more foolish conservative culture and class system, and it's luckily less present in Dutch society. How lovely those Saville row suits may look like, they are now violently being torn off :-).

We don't keep anything alive, it's the detractors that keep the good ship GB afloat. Like I said, Brits are largely ambivalent about many European nations, although that isn't reciprocated as evidenced by your own veiled bitterness towards us.
This discussion has been closed.