The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

As for Sanders, he is a registred Democrat. The DNC leadership was supposed to be independent during the primaries, and it turns out they weren't.

9ef15a790c8fa6da1d901e4805c27d6ae55722d6b61c03a7a3de63dcbe8c0d93.jpg

He has NEVER been a registered Democrat.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »
    I think people first bought into the concept of a Messiah who could part the oceans and cure the world's ills by sheer will 8 yrs ago - a second coming in a way. So what's happening now is not a surprise really.

Yeah, all this doomsday talk is pretty pathetic:

"Most Muslims are perfectly sensible but all Trump supporters are violent and racist!"

Virtue signalling at its finest. People have got to realise they forfeit their right to proselytize to the rest of us once they refuse to keep an open mind themselves.
  • And Obama was never a registered Messiah either. Big Lies. People believe them -- until they don't.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 8,114
    FLeiter wrote: »
    As for Sanders, he is a registred Democrat. The DNC leadership was supposed to be independent during the primaries, and it turns out they weren't.

How could he, he believes in the second amendment.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Hill just hired Debbie? To Hell with her.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Look at the fear mongering that went on during Brexit. Now unemployment in the UK is at an all time low. What harm could a Trump Presidency really cause?

SCOTUS and other federal court nominees.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That and so many other truly dire, American nation killing, democracy & soul destroying things, TripAces. So many. Facism is never pretty, not beneficial. This is a very sour time in American politics.
    That and so many other truly dire, American nation killing, democracy & soul destroying things, TripAces. So many. Facism is never pretty, not beneficial. This is a very sour time in American politics.

I agree @4EverBonded. To be very honest, after listening Donald Trump's speech, a sense of fear dominated my body. It was like.......hearing a fearful mixture of the most negative version of Richard Nixon, Bruce Wayne addressing the people of Gotham City and perhaps some fascist speakers from the past. It made my stomach turn a bit.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    To be very honest, after listening Donald Trump's speech, a sense of fear dominated my body.
    "Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Hill just hired Debbie? To Hell with her.
    At least she's not hiding it any more. What a farce.
    To be very honest, after listening Donald Trump's speech, a sense of fear dominated my body.
    "Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

Hence why Donald Trump should not have awakened those emotions in the first place.

Thanks for that link. I concur. These guys, Julian Assange, Richard Snowden, seem to become more and more traitors and villains. Hell-bent on avenging The West on what 'The West' did to them. Freedom is one thing, but using your freedom to destroy others is nothing more than crime; psychotic, vengeful crime.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Thanks for that link. I concur. These guys, Julian Assange, Richard Snowden, seem to become more and more traitors and villains. Hell-bent on avenging The West on what 'The West' did to them. Freedom is one thing, but using your freedom to destroy others is nothing more than crime; psychotic, vengeful crime.

In politics the only way to find out if you ended up on the wrong side is after it's all over. I don't know how but Western politics have lost their ability to look further and find out the forces underneath. Putin comes from a long history of doing so, using every power out there to channel your message. He's very good at it. Supporting Donald is one of his methods. Nothing bad can come from it as Hillary will Always be the worst option for Vladimir. Of course he'll support Donald, same reason Kim Jung Un does it. Even better, Trump knows little about politics. He knows about negotiation (in which he prefers to bully his opponent into a deal), but in politics this won't work, as there are Always too many angles to a problem to be solved in that way. Putin sees this and will probably be able to outwit Trump in such matters.

The left in the West are increadably naive. So those journalists working in Wikileaks have no sense of how to protect themselves, or they see a 'corporate America' as the biggest threat, or even worse, see Putin's Russia as one of it's victims.

Hiring DWS as honorary chair was a mistake. The clear message to voters: CRIME PAYS.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2016 Posts: 40,492

So out of that entire e-mail leak, the only takeaway is that it's odd that Assange requested FSB security?
    Thanks for that link. I concur. These guys, Julian Assange, Richard Snowden, seem to become more and more traitors and villains.

People such as Assange or Snowden are heroes, but only as long as they are completely on your side, amiright? As always, you are full of shit, @Gustav_Graves . Only fascists would believe that someone who exposes the corruption of the elite is a traitor and a villain.

• I never thought of Assange or Snowden as heroes. Quite frankly, I didn't know what to think of them. Now I do. They've chosen to throw in their lot with the enemies of their country. In any world except for TrumpsidedownWorld, that makes them traitors.

And please, @Panchito, let's not be throwing feces. Reasonable people can always disagree reasonably. Are you or are you not a reasonable person?
    Thanks for that link. I concur. These guys, Julian Assange, Richard Snowden, seem to become more and more traitors and villains.

People such as Assange or Snowden are heroes, but only as long as they are completely on your side, amiright? As always, you are full of shit, @Gustav_Graves . Only fascists would believe that someone who exposes the corruption of the elite is a traitor and a villain.

Wow! Hello darling :-D!

Heroes? I don't give a rat's ass if they leak stuff from Erdogan, Putin or Clinton. Because ALL of them are criminal acts. That's my view. Just read a bit back on my opinion about the SonyLeaks. IMO hackers destabilize society heavily. And they may say they act in the name of 'freedom', but I find that bullocks. Without proper context on these leaks, this kind of freedom is nothing but destructive. Because the journalist-function is gone. The gatekeepers of our democracy are completely cancelled out. And because of that conspiracy thinkers interpret this shit mess along their own ideological points of view.

In my honest opinion, guys like Julian Assange and Richard Snowden also defy any recognition of the normal, western judiciary system. They should be prosecuted. Or don't we care a shit anymore about secrecy? Secrecy was a cornerstone of democracies. It fff-ing gave us James Bond! And now, guys like Assange and Snowden selfpity themselves and promote themselves as the new 'Robin Hood's. No. They should be locked up in prison, because they way they destabilize societies and enhance the destruction of social cohesion is bad enough.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I am 100% for the Assanges and Snowdens of this world. They are the only counter voice to suppression of the truth in an era of corporate, bought and paid for media.

Journalists? They are few and far between in this day and age, so much so that the term is somewhat of a joke.
    I am 100% for the Assanges and Snowdens of this world. They are the only counter voice to suppression of the truth in an era of corporate, bought and paid for media.

Journalists? They are few and far between in this day and age, so much so that the term is somewhat of a joke.

We know where you stand now.

On this matter, I've always stood on the side of truth and disclosure. Not on secrecy and lies. Guilty as charged.
    Especially when the information in question regards our own privacy, and an overreaching Governmental body. Of course we have a right to know about that. Only a pure statist would side with authority in this instance.

Consistent and uninformed. You can make up your own opinion, but you can't make up your own facts. From Bernie's website:

Bernie has voted in favor of a nationwide ban on assault weapons, a nationwide ban on high-capacity magazines of over ten rounds, and nationwide expanded background checks that address unsafe loopholes.

Now go wipe your chin.

edited July 2016 Posts: 8,114

Consistent and uninformed. You can make up your own opinion, but you can't make up your own facts. From Bernie's website:

Bernie has voted in favor of a nationwide ban on assault weapons, a nationwide ban on high-capacity magazines of over ten rounds, and nationwide expanded background checks that address unsafe loopholes.

Now go wipe your chin.

High-capacity magazines have nothing to do with the second amendment. Bernie supports guns and hunting. How do you not know this?

Now go wipe your chin.

High-capacity magazines have nothing to do with the second amendment. Bernie supports guns and hunting. How do you not know this?

There you go again, ignoring the facts. From Politico:

The NRA has largely turned on Sanders — his most recent grade from the group is a D- and he has received an F before. And Ed Cutler, president of Gun Owners of Vermont, said gun-rights group in the state just don’t trust him. “We, in Vermont, consider him anti-gun,” he said.

Now go wipe your chin.

There you go again, ignoring the facts. From Politico:

The NRA has largely turned on Sanders — his most recent grade from the group is a D- and he has received an F before. And Ed Cutler, president of Gun Owners of Vermont, said gun-rights group in the state just don’t trust him. “We, in Vermont, consider him anti-gun,” he said.

So this random group "consider" him anti-gun, therefore its a fact? Seems to me like you're just making up a bunch of shit.
  • bondjames wrote: »

On this matter, I've always stood on the side of truth and disclosure. Not on secrecy and lies. Guilty as charged.

Every country holds certain secrets, and understandably so. Even democracies. That's why we have secret agents, even world famous ones like James Bond. As you are on record as being against secrets, I expect your resignation from James Bond fandom any moment now. ;)
    The Government has been lying to its citizens. Misleading them. Wikileaks and Snowden have exposed that. I am all for that sort of disclosure - namely when policy is conducted on the basis of lies. One has to level with the public. Even Bond has been known to work against the deceitful within his own Government for the greater good.
This discussion has been closed.