The things we want to return to the Bond movies.

Comments

• Is smoking any more of a taboo than vaping??? Now that is annoying.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    In film, it makes characters look cool, so I don't see why we shouldn't get it back.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Forget it. The only way that is going to happen is if they make a period piece.
    No smoking. Living in a post-smoking society has been probably the best change in the uk in the last 10 years.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    They don't have the balls to have him return to smoking, and I can only assume it'd be "harder" to pull off these days since you can't really smoke anywhere like you could in the 60's on.
    The comics are handling it pretty well. I'm sure the movies could do it, too. And yes, Bond is told not to smoke in places so he sneaks it off to someplace else.
    The comics are handling it pretty well. I'm sure the movies could do it, too. And yes, Bond is told not to smoke in places so he sneaks it off to someplace else.

"Sir, you can't smoke here."
    "Do I look like I give a damn?"
    Creasy47 wrote: »

"Sir, you can't smoke here."
    "Do I look like I give a damn?"
    There you go, @Creasy47. :D
    z9khixK.jpg
  • The t
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Seeing Bond in his office has been mentioned I believe, and couldn t he be working on his hand-to-hand combat manual, as he does in one of the books?
    The Walther P99.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Witty writing & dialogue

Bond, the connoisseur, in front of M and Bond, the show-off, in M's office

Rolex

Bespoke Savile Row tailoring
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited February 2017 Posts: 5,979
    I do not need to see bumbling background people (Smithers, etc.) in Q's lab. I had enough of those scenes over 20 films.

I'd like to see the henchman return at the end for one last battle with Bond, like they always did with the late Connery/early Moore films.
    echo wrote: »
    I do not need to see bumbling background people (Smithers, etc.) in Q's lab. I had enough of those scenes over 20 films.

I'd like to see the henchman return at the end for one last battle with Bond, like they always did with the late Connery/early Moore films.

I think that henchman ending might have been a Guy Hamilton thing. Each of his four films ended with a final short battle. In GF's case it was the main villain instead, but I always liked that style ending to a Bond film. He's on his way somewhere after his mission had been accomplished and has one last confrontation to deal with. I'd love to see that again.
  • ToTheRight wrote: »

I think that henchman ending might have been a Guy Hamilton thing. Each of his four films ended with a final short battle. In GF's case it was the main villain instead, but I always liked that style ending to a Bond film. He's on his way somewhere after his mission had been accomplished and has one last confrontation to deal with. I'd love to see that again.

I actually thought there was an outside chance we would see that with Hinx the first time I saw SP. Some kind of final showdown in London or with Madeleine on holiday. Everything had been set up that way with all the referencing to classic Bond films. But at the same time I knew that might feel a little too Austin Powers-ish.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    The Walther P99.
    Silly for a secret agent to carry. In real life it would be bulging out of your suit.

It's funny you should mention that, because I watched OP yesterday and noticed Smithers had a scene outside of Q HQ. He was driving a cab which followed Kamal Khan after the auction at Bond's behest. I thought it would be nice to see a regular like that again.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Good memorable music.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 40,468
    Murdock wrote: »
    Good memorable music.

This. I'd enjoy a truly excellent, memorable score with the next film.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    Good memorable music.

This. I'd enjoy a truly excellent, memorable score with the next film.

Yes, a theme would be nice, but I could live with simply great music.
    Totally agree ...the score is SO important in the next film...if we get another SF recycling i might pull out what little hair i have left !!!! ~X(
  • I was gonna say, take it easy with the emoticons, you may need some of that hair for B25...
    hahahaha VERY good point !!!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I want classic bond quotes and classic Bond girls none of this I'm bonds equal bull shit
    I like the 'intellectual' equals like Vesper & Natalya but have no time for the action girls like Wai Lin personally.
    Yeah Wai Lin is way down my list of favourite Bond girls....only one who i dislike less..and we all know who that thick tart is ..
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    bondjames wrote: »
    I like the 'intellectual' equals like Vesper & Natalya but have no time for the action girls like Wai Lin personally.

Agreed
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    A film release schedule would be a good idea.

b7f7bcd57444d7ebdc8918a96e46d368.jpg
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    With the opening gunbarrel reestablished, knowing the next mission's title at film's end would be over the top awesome. Two classic film staples to relish if they can get themselves on a schedule.

Surely the filmmakers can see that as part of the unique draw to their franchise and its built-in audience. And part of the modern viewer is already hard-wired to look for Easter eggs and material in and after the credits.

keep-calm-james-bond-will-return.png
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Hear, hear! I wouldn't even mind if they changed the title later, a la FYEO/MR. Just give me the hope...