'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

Yes we do, @Sam and here's a couple of images from the 50th...

doctor_who_50th.jpg

doctor_who_50th_b.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Here's hoping we go to Gallifrey in the episode like it appears and it's not just a flashback. The Time Lords need to be back full-time as well. Set the series up as it always was, for the next 50 years. Same kind of thing like Bond did, in a way.
    Them pics are pretty cool! Will look forward to seeing the trailer at a later date.
    So August it appears to be and we'll learn who the Twelfth Doctor is through a Doctor Who Confidential special:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-07-22/new-doctor-likely-be-announced-in-august-according-to-sources

Also a fourth Doctor could be in the Anniversary episode: McGann anyone? :D
    Could be, @Sam. I think the 4th Doc is either between Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann.
    This is shaping up to be a real corker of an episode! I like what I am reading and hearing! :-bd
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Good find Sam. As much as I would like to see McCoy return (and he could still return), my money would be on McGann.

mcgann_305.jpg
    It makes sense that it's McGann, especially as his regeneration was never seen. I think it's possible that we will see his regeneration in a flashback.
    McGann will regenerate into Hurt and Hurt into...could there be another surprise in store?
    Good find Sam. As much as I would like to see McCoy return (and he could still return), my money would be on McGann.

mcgann_305.jpg

They should have done more with McGann, but that's the way it goes I suppose. Be great to see him in it though?
    There is never enough McGann in Doctor WHo I would like to say.
    Samuel001 wrote:

I sincerely hope we get more than that.

I always hoped they would produce a mini-series with some of McGanns 8th Doctor adventures. Now with Smith leaving they have a perfect opportunity to take some more time to find the next Doctor and return to some early adventures, even the 1st Doctor would be fine as they have found somebody to play that part. Heck throw in some McCoy & Hex for. Most Doctor fans would go batsh&t crazy.

I would like to see McCain make an appearance. He deserves the chance.

Surely not THE Senator McCain?!!! ;)
    RogueAgent wrote:

In that case they should drop him in a large black hole, as there are no latino holes.

:D ;)
    Whoops sorry guys, it was late, I was tired etc :\">

As way of an apology if any one has an iTunes account, the full episode of Asylum of the Daleks is free to download at least in the UK at the moment if you haven't already checked it out, also some clips / prequel scenes.
    SaintMark wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

In that case they should drop him in a large black hole, as there are no latino holes.

:D ;)

:))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,901
    Samuel001 wrote:

So it might not be for the special itself? :-?
    SaintMark wrote:
    I always hoped they would produce a mini-series with some of McGanns 8th Doctor adventures. Now with Smith leaving they have a perfect opportunity to take some more time to find the next Doctor and return to some early adventures, even the 1st Doctor would be fine as they have found somebody to play that part. Heck throw in some McCoy & Hex for. Most Doctor fans would go batsh&t crazy.

I'd prefer Raine or Klein. Hex has grown on me a little, but not to the point where i'd want the character to cross over to the screen.
    Bleeding Cool have been saying as much for a good while now. The latest was that a trailer for a DVD release of two stories would appear on the Terror of the Zygons DVD, released in September.

It does seem as if a good number of these episodes are coming. How unbelievable but exciting if true.
    [snip]'and all but two of the 62 lost Second Doctor (Patrick Troughton) episodes.'[snip]

That's the part that i'm trying not to get too excited about. Still, in the meantime, we have The Ice Warriors on DVD next month.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    What's the betting that Matt Smith's doctor (11 or 12 depending on how the 50th special goes) will be granted a reset on his regeneration count for the next doctor to start at 1 again. Don't forget boys and girls, The Master was going to have his count reset in the 'classic' series so it's doable and canon.

Can't see this being true in the slightest. Raising people's hopes, seems very cruel.
    JamesPage wrote:
    What's the betting that Matt Smith's doctor (11 or 12 depending on how the 50th special goes) will be granted a reset on his regeneration count for the next doctor to start at 1 again. Don't forget boys and girls, The Master was going to have his count reset in the 'classic' series so it's doable and canon.

I believe this will be the 'quest' of the next Doctor, if he is number 13.
    Or they will just do a Dr Who reboot?!!! ;)
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The BBC is expected to announce at midnight that the Twelfth Doctor will be announced this Sunday, live on BBC One at 7pm by Zoe Ball. She'll be joined by Smith and Moffat. The programme will be titled Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor.

Casting for the Twelfth Doctor was done under the name 'Whodini'.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/01/official-bbc-to-reveal-new-doctor-who-in-live-broadcast-this-sunday

This ties in with the memo the BBC sent out asking for fans of Doctor Who to be part of a pilot for a new show, to be recorded on Sunday. Little did they know, it was something far bigger.
    Brilliant. Well spotted, @Sam.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,901
    Good find indeed, Sam, the last I heard was that the reveal of the 12 Doctor in the one-off special of Doctor Who: Confidential wasn't being broadcast until later this month (the 26th I think).
    Radio Times says this: At midnight tonight (or tomorrow morning for those who like to be pedantic) the BBC will make a time-and-space-shattering announcement about Doctor Who. We are sworn to secrecy, but it might be worth staying up late/ setting an alarm for 00:01/ tying a piece of string around your finger (or similar) to find out.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-08-01/doctor-who-announcement-imminent