'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

shame. I would rather Colin Baker.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Excellent news, there is always a chance for more previous Doctors. I would like to see Ecclestone and Paul McGann.

Ecclestone is improbable, but given what Paul McGann has been up to recently in the Whoniverse, I think it's very possible he could come back. And I would like him to.
    Gerard wrote:
    Ecclestone is improbable, but given what Paul McGann has been up to recently in the Whoniverse, I think it's very possible he could come back. And I would like him to.

refresh my mind, what has he been up to. Last I heard he would be very interested if they would ask him to return to the role.

Well, there's that Big Finish audio series, on the covers of which he sports a new look (scruffier than his earlier one) and a really cool new costume. Check the latest Doctor Who Magazine (which I bought yesterday, along with a bag of Jelly Babies and the Vintage edition of LALD) for more.
  • Isn't it the 49th anniversary today? Can't wait for the big 50 next year!!! Not long to wait for the Christmas special either.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,894
    actonsteve wrote:
    shame. I would rather Colin Baker.

I still cant belive that he has taken part in that Jungle show. I'd like to see McCoy return for the 50th anniversary, but i'm not going to hold my breath.
  • What about Tom Baker? We all know his issues with how it ended for him and the 25th anniversary non appearance but what about the 50th? I think it would be a great touch.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    What about Tom Baker? We all know his issues with how it ended for him and the 25th anniversary non appearance but what about the 50th? I think it would be a great touch.

At the beginning, it's sounds like he'd be more open to returning than than he would have a few years ago.

• Ah, many thanks for posted that vid. It was great seeing all the surviving classic doctors on the stage together and good to hear Tom Baker being open to appearing in the 50th. I really hope it I'd possible to get all the Doctors together. It would be the TV event of the year.
    Gerard wrote:
    Well, there's that Big Finish audio series, on the covers of which he sports a new look (scruffier than his earlier one) and a really cool new costume. Check the latest Doctor Who Magazine (which I bought yesterday, along with a bag of Jelly Babies and the Vintage edition of LALD) for more.

Yes, and the BBC does not mind it a bit that McGann as the 8th Doctor found a platform for a larger audience. In my humble opinion the time is right for a new adventure with the 8th Doctor.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I still don't know why McGann was not offered the part again in 2005. He was the Doctor, so I'm not sure how I'd fell about it going to someone else. Plus he says he would have done it! It's only made worse by RTD saying he would have loved to have seen more of the 8th Doctor, well you had your chance.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I still don't know why McGann was not offered the part again in 2005. He was the Doctor, so I'm not sure how I'd fell about it going to someone else. Plus he says he would have done it! It's only made worse by RTD saying he would have loved to have seen more of the 8th Doctor, well you had your chance.

It's quite Simply because RTD realized starting the show with a regeneration was a bad idea, it would alienate the uninitiated. Also if you mean why didn't he do series 1, it would be the same reason DT left in 2010. For a clean slate, the ability to start fresh and create your own characters.

Anyway can't wait for Series 7B and Cybermen 2.0
    Hope they do a multi doctor story for the 50th. Maybe its just me but I think if they should stick to just the 8,9,10,11 doctors as having 4,5,6,7 may be a bit much to squeeze in to one 2 hour episode, unless they do a big massive 10/11/12 part serial which would be pretty awesome then
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Isn't the 7th one doing the new Lord Of The Rings film? I heard they're doing 2 sequels to that now so won't he be filming that?

I didn't watch the last series, lost intrest a bit. I'll watch this 50th special thing though. I hope Ecclestone does it.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Isn't the 7th one doing the new Lord Of The Rings film? I heard they're doing 2 sequels to that now so won't he be filming that?

McCoy is indeed playing 'Radagast The Brown' in the Hobbit. I don't know about the sequels, though.
    Two were filmed back-to-back. The last one films from May - September but McCoy should find time to turn up.

I hope were get at least three specials though, one on the 23rd November, 25th December and another one somewhere.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Two were filmed back-to-back. The last one films from May - September but McCoy should find time to turn up.

I hope were get at least three specials though, one on the 23rd November, 25th December and another one somewhere.

And with Jackson the who fan he is....

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,454
    Here's a poster for 'The Snowmen':
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=97390
    I love this shot! :D
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's a poster for 'The Snowmen':
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=97390

Kind of pumkin face type feel to them!
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,894
    All this week, up to Friday, BBC Radio 4 Extra are airing 8th Doctor audios, from 18:00 - 19:00. Tonights story was Death In Blackpool. The rest of the stories airing are:

Situation Vacant (Tuesday)
    Nevermore (Wednesday)
    The Book Of Kells (Thursday)
    Deimos (Friday)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009szrh/broadcasts/upcoming

I'm taking this occasion to acquaint myself with the 8th Doctor.
  • David Tennant was on Jonathon Ross saturday and he said he knew nothing about the 50th anniversary.

Did anybody watch Torchwood when it was on? I thought that was a pretty good show.
    All this week, up to Friday, BBC Radio 4 Extra are airing 8th Doctor audios, from 18:00 - 19:00. Tonights story was Death In Blackpool. The rest of the stories airing are:

Situation Vacant (Tuesday)
    Nevermore (Wednesday)
    The Book Of Kells (Thursday)
    Deimos (Friday)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009szrh/broadcasts/upcoming

I'm taking this occasion to acquaint myself with the 8th Doctor.

I love the 8th Doctor BF audioplays and as such have the lot untill they started the EDA seasons, then they became rather pricey. SO have a fragmented collection of them but did listen to them on the BBC4 channel.

David Tennant was on Jonathon Ross saturday and he said he knew nothing about the 50th anniversary.

Did anybody watch Torchwood when it was on? I thought that was a pretty good show.

If he was involved (Tennant) under the wings of SM it will remain a secret like the stunt they pulled with Asylum of the Daleks.

I want the 8th Doctor to have a 2nd televised adventure...............

TW was indeed excellent untill we got that co-production with that network from the US which was more miss than hit. WHich shows imho that the US understands too little of UK scifi shows to work them.

• I didn't mind the last series. I thought the idea behind it (nobody can die and everything starts going to sh*t) was really good, and I liked how it didn't actually involve aliens, made for a nice change.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,894
    SaintMark wrote:
    I love the 8th Doctor BF audioplays and as such have the lot untill they started the EDA seasons, then they became rather pricey. SO have a fragmented collection of them but did listen to them on the BBC4 channel.

I am considering dipping into the 8th Doctor Audios. I allready have Immortal Beloved, but i've been consentrating on the 7th Doctor stories. With the 8th Doctor, there is a certain curiosity factor as beside the aforementioned Immortal Beloved, the only other 6th Doctor experience i've had is the 1996 TVM.
    SaintMark wrote:

I am considering dipping into the 8th Doctor Audios. I allready have Immortal Beloved, but i've been consentrating on the 7th Doctor stories. With the 8th Doctor, there is a certain curiosity factor as beside the aforementioned Immortal Beloved, the only other 6th Doctor experience i've had is the 1996 TVM.

I fell in love with the Charly, the new companion for the 8th Doctor, in Storm Warning and how she turned out to be more than the eye met. This was before the shennanigans of Russel T Davies & Stephen Moffat.

• edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Saw the TV movie last night for the first time. Wasn't much for it. The Doctor was alright but it felt too American.

I did like the intro bit because they kept the 7th doctor, I thought they'd just jump in with the new one. His death was a bit of a let down compared to some of the others. He doesn't have a big death saving the world, he steps out of the TARDIS and gets peltered with machine gun fire.

Speaking of The Tardis, that was the best bit. I loved the big, gothic, steampunky set.

And I thought The Master was terrible. Speaking of The Master I hope they bring back John Simm for the 50th.